PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win over Pats will prove Brees is better than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever thinks brees is a notch over brady is out of their minds. Saints are not going to the superbowl this year. I think Cardinals have a better chance.

Whoever thinks brees is a notch over brady is out of their minds. Saints are not going to the superbowl this year. I think Cardinals have a better chance.

I bet they said the same thing about the Cards last season, and also said the Pats had a better chance, lol.

I bet they said the same thing about the Cards last season, and also said the Pats had a better chance, lol.

Because the Cardinals were 10 - 0 last season . . .

A Win over the Pats and 11-0 will make people question alot of things. Like for example, could the Saints be the next DYNASTY?, lol!:cool:
What a bunch of frontrunners...and not all that smart either...therir team has won NADA..and all ready they are calling it a dynasty...THAT is really desperation in large measures....A win over the Patriots will make 11 wins..and that is about it..and that team IF they win will lose a game if not two..I assure you. Pitiful!! Let's give teh Lombardi to them now...Hey the Jesters won the SUperbowl in week two..and now the Aints in Week 12....typical of trolls and loud mouth yahoos.

What a bunch of frontrunners...and not all that smart either...therir team has won NADA..and all ready they are calling it a dynasty...THAT is really desperation in large measures....A win over the Patriots will make 11 wins..and that is about it..and that team IF they win will lose a game if not two..I assure you. Pitiful!! Let's give teh Lombardi to them now...Hey the Jesters won the SUperbowl in week two..and now the Aints in Week 12....typical of trolls and loud mouth yahoos.

LMAOoooooo

Saint Anger, I advise you to think seriously about one thing before you post.

You are representing the New Orleans Saints fans when you post here. How you and others post here over the next couple of days will decide how Saints fans are looked upon by Patriots fans who read these forums.

We had a great discussion a couple of weeks back here with Ravens fans. I think I can speak for most of the regular posters here when I say that we love good conversation and argument but we don't take kindly to short, trolling sniping remarks.

Note that I haven't included Pherein in this, the guy is clearly a homer but at least he respects others and tries to be impartial.

Saint Anger, I advise you to think seriously about one thing before you post.

You are representing the New Orleans Saints fans when you post here. How you and others post here over the next couple of days will decide how Saints fans are looked upon by Patriots fans who read these forums.

We had a great discussion a couple of weeks back here with Ravens fans. I think I can speak for most of the regular posters here when I say that we love good conversation and argument but we don't take kindly to short, trolling sniping remarks.

Note that I haven't included Pherein in this, the guy is clearly a homer but at least he respects others and tries to be impartial.

Wow...get some thicker skin or something if you think I'm being overly offensive. It's a football game with a little bit of smack being said

...I do apologize to the senior citizens though if they may find me rude.

Its not about age, its about intelligent threads.

This thread is a bit ridiculous to be fair anyways.

Here is my take on it anyways.

I rate Tom Brady and Peyton Manning as the two best quarterbacks of the decade and there is nobody else over the decade thats even close.

Drew Brees has been a sensation since he went to New Orleans but to be mentioned among the top echelon he has to do it in the playoffs. The NFCCG was probably his worst game ever, I'm not sure of that but either way its was a very poor game for him. He hasn't been to the playoffs since but no doubt will be there this year, if he can go through the playoffs without having a game like that one against Chicago then he has proven his clutch ability and the definite no.3 of the decade and thats not saying the Saints have to win every game.

I respect the New Orlean Saints, I think Sean Payton is doing a magnificent job there and to be honest if the Patriots are not going to do it this year, I hope the Saints are the team that goes all the way. I think on the form they have shown this year, the Saints are the best team right now in the NFL. If you get through this game, the unbeaten regular season is certainly on.

The Patriots need to win this game, as Tedy Bruschi says its the last chance to make a statement this season. A win here would be a huge shot in the arm for this team and confirm them as Championship contenders.

Last edited:
Came on here bored to see what the Patriots were saying about Monday Nights game. Anyone can say anything about either QB but Drew Brees and Tom Brady are on different teams with different styles of play. While just because I'm a Saints fan I'll bet that Brees is better, but just because I'm a Saints fan. Drew threw for 5,000 yards last year. It's a big deal, but yards aren't everything. 50 TD's is impressive. 16-0 is impressive. 3 Superbowls is impressive. But then again, that was 2+ years ago. This is Monday Night. The Saints have destroyed their old habits of years ago and are a completely different team. The Patriots also have a good running game (the past 5-6 games) so Brady is getting help as well (every QB does...?). What I'm just saying is it's incredibly hard to compare them equally and come up with any other being better than the other one - other than past stats. And with past stats Brady is "better" but they both have years to go, and with a team like this Brees may have a Superbowl to show off as well.

Came on here bored to see what the Patriots were saying about Monday Nights game. Anyone can say anything about either QB but Drew Brees and Tom Brady are on different teams with different styles of play. While just because I'm a Saints fan I'll bet that Brees is better, but just because I'm a Saints fan. Drew threw for 5,000 yards last year. It's a big deal, but yards aren't everything. 50 TD's is impressive. 16-0 is impressive. 3 Superbowls is impressive. But then again, that was 2+ years ago. This is Monday Night. The Saints have destroyed their old habits of years ago and are a completely different team. The Patriots also have a good running game (the past 5-6 games) so Brady is getting help as well (every QB does...?). What I'm just saying is it's incredibly hard to compare them equally and come up with any other being better than the other one - other than past stats. And with past stats Brady is "better" but they both have years to go, and with a team like this Brees may have a Superbowl to show off as well.

One of the two is arguably the greatest quarterback of all time. The other starts for the Saints.

It's easy to compare them. It's just silly to claim that Brees is better.

All of those things are well and good, but Brees has nothing that Brady doesn't have bar a 5,000 yard season and that was because he was forced to throw the ball 635 times. In 2007 he threw the ball 652 times for 4,432 yards. If you are a skill player and given the opportunity to attempt something more than normal, you should post big numbers.

Pats homerism or not, I've taken the glasses off and Brees isn't in the same category of Manning and Brady, who are separated from the rest of the NFL QB's by some distance.

edit: wrong thread

Last edited:
All of those things are well and good, but Brees has nothing that Brady doesn't have bar a 5,000 yard season and that was because he was forced to throw the ball 635 times. In 2007 he threw the ball 652 times for 4,432 yards. If you are a skill player and given the opportunity to attempt something more than normal, you should post big numbers.

Pats homerism or not, I've taken the glasses off and Brees isn't in the same category of Manning and Brady, who are separated from the rest of the NFL QB's by some distance.

Well said. Brady threw for 4,800+ yards in 2007. Basically the argument here is Brees wins 50-48 in their best yardage seasons. Brady wins 50-34 in their best TD seasons. This way of comparison is ludicrous.

Brady has a winning percentage that is so high it will be a long, long time before anyone challenges it over a career. They showed a stat last night of Roethlisberger being second. He was something like 56-24. Brady was around 94-27. Roethlisberger's stat is good for second among all active QBs. He would have to go 38-3 just to tie Tom's mark. Brady can challenge almost any quarterback ever in any statistical category. Despite playing outside, he is close to Manning in TD% and way ahead in INT%.

When Brady retires, some of the records he is setting right now will simply blow people's minds. We're talking about a very long period of unparalleled excellence. Do you realize what it takes to sustain a winning percentage of almost .780? If you lose two games, you need to win eight in a row to keep the pace. 14-3 in the playoffs. 16-0 in 2007. Brady has everything on his resume. Do you realize that if Brady wins two playoff games this year, he'll tie Joe Montana for the most postseason wins? Brady might still have half his career left, and it might end up something like Brady 25, Montana (second place) 16.

Now, we're not talking about a simple all-pro here... we are talking about greatness. I can definitely understand the Manning comparisons because Peyton has also done many, many things that are simply unheard of. All of the 4000 yard seasons, 49 TDs, the best team winning percentage of the decade. He also throws pretty few INTs (although more than Brady.) Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and you can't really argue against that. But the fact that you can compare Brady to Manning with the sports world divided on the issue just goes to show just how good, and how far above everyone else, these two quarterbacks have risen, and continue to rise.

I need an argument better than a 5,000 passing yard season to consider it serious. Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes once held the rushing TD record. If Brady had thrown the ball more times in '07 he would have broken that record. Likewise, the fact the Brady broke Manning's TD record, in my mind, means nothing, other than that Brady can also put up superhumanly dominant numbers as well. But does 50 to 49 really prove anything except that they are both incredible?

Back to Brees. A dome quarterback who plays against the NFC South and probably plays below 60 degrees once a year. I've always felt Brees is a very good QB, but again, you have to be better than a really good QB to be compared to Brady or Manning. You really have to dominate the league for a long period of time. Sure, Brees can put together a stretch, or a season, of domination and beat either of them statistically. Big deal. And even in this year, arguably Brees' best, Brady is still just as good statistically, and that's after limping into the season coming off knee surgery.

I think Saints fans are really ****y right now and too high on Brees. He's a great quarterback but most of his legacy will depend on how he handles the pressure big games. This season he will have a chance to really make his mark come playoff time. Until then, just acknowledge that he isn't anywhere close to the best quarterback of his generation.

Last edited:
Well said. Brady threw for 4,800+ yards in 2007. Basically the argument here is Brees wins 50-48 in their best yardage seasons. Brady wins 50-34 in their best TD seasons. This way of comparison is ludicrous.

Brady has a winning percentage that is so high it will be a long, long time before anyone challenges it over a career. They showed a stat last night of Roethlisberger being second. He was something like 56-24. Brady was around 94-27. Roethlisberger's stat is good for second among all active QBs. He would have to go 38-3 just to tie Tom's mark. Brady can challenge almost any quarterback ever in any statistical category. Despite playing outside, he is close to Manning in TD% and way ahead in INT%.

When Brady retires, some of the records he is setting right now will simply blow people's minds. We're talking about a very long period of unparalleled excellence. Do you realize what it takes to sustain a winning percentage of almost .780? If you lose two games, you need to win eight in a row to keep the pace. 14-3 in the playoffs. 16-0 in 2007. Brady has everything on his resume. Do you realize that if Brady wins two playoff games this year, he'll tie Joe Montana for the most postseason wins? Brady might still have half his career left, and it might end up something like Brady 25, Montana (second place) 16.

Now, we're not talking about a simple all-pro here... we are talking about greatness. I can definitely understand the Manning comparisons because Peyton has also done many, many things that are simply unheard of. All of the 4000 yard seasons, 49 TDs, the best team winning percentage of the decade. He also throws pretty few INTs (although more than Brady.) Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever, and you can't really argue against that. But the fact that you can compare Brady to Manning with the sports world divided on the issue just goes to show just how good, and how far above everyone else, these two quarterbacks have risen, and continue to rise.

I need an argument better than a 5,000 passing yard season to consider it serious. Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes once held the rushing TD record. If Brady had thrown the ball more times in '07 he would have broken that record. Likewise, the fact the Brady broke Manning's TD record, in my mind, means nothing, other than that Brady can also put up superhumanly dominant numbers as well. But does 50 to 49 really prove anything except that they are both incredible?

Back to Brees. A dome quarterback who plays against the NFC South and probably plays below 60 degrees once a year. I've always felt Brees is a very good QB, but again, you have to be better than a really good QB to be compared to Brady or Manning. You really have to dominate the league for a long period of time. Sure, Brees can put together a stretch, or a season, of domination and beat either of them statistically. Big deal. And even in this year, arguably Brees' best, Brady is still just as good statistically, and that's after limping into the season coming off knee surgery.

I think Saints fans are really ****y right now and too high on Brees. He's a great quarterback but most of his legacy will depend on how he handles the pressure big games. This season he will have a chance to really make his mark come playoff time. Until then, just acknowledge that he isn't anywhere close to the best quarterback of his generation.
To be honest Ice Ice Brady, every week Brady steps out on the field we are watching greatness. I for one do not take it for granted having someone such as Tom Brady representing the Patriots, nor the Belichick era as we are a truly gifted fan base in the modern NFL era.

Saints fans may get mad, but most nfl fans see it as this:

1. TomBrady/Peyton Manning (will be settled this year)
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Favre/Brees
4. Rivers/Palmer

Ben's on his own island as the #3 qb in the nfl. It's weird because Brady plays like Montana, Manning plays like Marino, and Roethlisberger plays like Elway.

I have yet to see a good argument as to why Brees is on par with Brady/Manning. Some guy a few pages back even said he is the best QB in the NFL because he changes his protection before the play. Even Bruce Gradkowski does that, this is not an argument.

Drew Brees is a very good quarterback, with a fantastic offensive line, arguably the best WR corps in the league and a solid at least running game. Couple that with the fact that he plays in a dome, has 6 games a year against the NFC South, and throws the ball an average of 600 times per year and it's not that hard to see how his numbers are impressive. I've yet to see Brees rise to the occasion and dominate an important game through the sheer power of his will, like Brady, Manning, Favre and even Roethlisberger frequenly do. We may get a chance to see it this week and in this season's playoffs, but until then I'll hold off on putting Drew up there with Tom and Peyton.

Saints fans may get mad, but most nfl fans see it as this:

1. TomBrady/Peyton Manning (will be settled this year)
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Favre/Brees
4. Rivers/Palmer

Ben's on his own island as the #3 qb in the nfl. It's weird because Brady plays like Montana, Manning plays like Marino, and Roethlisberger plays like Elway.

Actually a much better evaluation is one that takes accounts for strength
of competition and weighs the most recent performances higher than
earlier performances to give you a more accurate up todate evaluation.

This is done by football outsiders.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2009

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Schaub
4. Farve
5. Warner
6. Brees
7. Rivers
8. Roethlisberger

Last edited:
You cant blame Saints fans for getting excited over Brees as he is the best QB to pass through NO in quite some time. But to compare Brees to Brady or Manning is so silly right now Im not even gonna try and make an argument.

even though brees isn't much of a celebrity, i think he would have been good on that show "celebrity mole".

Lol, from what I have seen on these forums is Pats fans are delusional and arrogant. Clinging onto past year's achevements. What the Pats and Brady did in past years aint going to help you come Monday. You have every right to be proud of what your TEAM has accomplished, but throwing that crap in Saints fans faces when talking about the CURRENT teams is just pathetic.

I am willing to forgive you guys though. Try again. I know you can do better.

NOLA is only good for beads (well, I mean easy women) and Cajun feuxd...(Shut The Phuck Up).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference