PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win over Pats will prove Brees is better than Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, from what I have seen on these forums is Pats fans are delusional and arrogant. Clinging onto past year's achevements. What the Pats and Brady did in past years aint going to help you come Monday. You have every right to be proud of what your TEAM has accomplished, but throwing that crap in Saints fans faces when talking about the CURRENT teams is just pathetic.

I am willing to forgive you guys though. Try again. I know you can do better.

So you come into our forum and act like a douche and WE'RE the arrogant ones? I'll never get that.

If Belichick walked away from the Pats today, there are only two coaches in the NFL I would consider hiring

1. Sean Payton
2. Ken Wisenhunt

Both are risk takers and are SUCCESSFUL and play some darn entertaining football gms. I can't stand coaches that punt on 4th and inches on an opponents 40. Seems like that's 95% of the NFL these days.

Last edited:
there is not one unbiased football fan in the country that believes that brees is in the league of brady or manning yet.

Why even think Brees is better than TB? Any rational person would
not ever go there.

Brees is in a situation that covers his weaknesses.

Brees would be an average QB if he was playing
this year for the PATs.
IMO

Tommy handles all kinds of pressure and has only a mediocre running game
to work with.
Protect Brady like Brees gets protected and give Tommy a running game
like Brees enjoys and Tommy would set records that would never be
matched for a thousand years.!

I don't think that's true, that Brees is in a situation that covers his weaknesses. The last few years New Orleans hasn't had a good running game and Brees has really excelled, I'd say he's put in a great position given the coach he has to work with, but on the Pats I think he's do great. I find Brees and Brady to be similar QB's in the way they play the game, and actually I wish Brady would go back to spreading the ball around to everyone the way Brees has been doing in NO.

Last edited:
Exactly, its the Superbowl for the Pats, just another game for the Saints.

LOL

Yeah, that was the since I got from that article to.

Amusing post.

HAHAHAHAHA, wow dude seriously? Brees threw for over 5,000 yards last year with his top 3 receivers injured most of the year. CAN... YOU... COMPREHEND... THAT? How many times has Brady thrown for over 5,000 yards? Even in that great 07 record setting year throwing Techmo bowl type passes to Moss he still didn't throw for over 5,000..... but Brees did throwing to 3rd and 5th string receivers. Put Brady on last year's Saints team and I bet he looks like garbage.

I know this may be hard to read and fully comprehend so read it over and over quite a few times before responding. Let it sink in the greatness of Breesus.

next time brees takes you to the champshionship game with gaffeny and caldwell as your receivers ,without his starting LT and banged up defense ,let me know about all those yards.
no one says brees is bad . he is as good as any but why do you have come here to say he will be better than brady if he beats on sunday. heck, ben rothelisberger is as good if not better than brees.
And you say its the superbowl for the pats and just another game for the saints ? Seriously ? And your writer is the one who wants to establish brees's greatness after one and its the pats superbowl ?

HAHAHAHAHA, wow dude seriously? Brees threw for over 5,000 yards last year with his top 3 receivers injured most of the year. CAN... YOU... COMPREHEND... THAT? How many times has Brady thrown for over 5,000 yards? Even in that great 07 record setting year throwing Techmo bowl type passes to Moss he still didn't throw for over 5,000..... but Brees did throwing to 3rd and 5th string receivers. Put Brady on last year's Saints team and I bet he looks like garbage.

I know this may be hard to read and fully comprehend so read it over and over quite a few times before responding. Let it sink in the greatness of Breesus.
5,000 Yards..Statistics are for LOSERS......DUDE.

Last edited:

Brees threw 5,000 yards because he made 635 attempts. The '08 Saints defense was terrible, thus Brees had to try to win shootouts. Brady, on the other hand, had 578 attempts in '07, 57 less than Brees in '08. He actually had the higher yards/attempt (8.3 vs 8.0).

Don't give the "Oh, he had no one to throw the ball". His main targets that year (in terms of receptions and yards) were Colston, Miller, Shockey, Moore, Henderson, and Bush. So you had a top tier WR, a top tier TE, a decent to good TE (Miller), a good WR (Henderson), a great receiving RB (Bush), and a surprise nobody (Miller). Yeah, tough group there... That's way worse than the receiving group Brady had for years.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

How can it be just another Game for the Saints? This is your first nationally televised game isn't it?:p

Lol, from what I have seen on these forums is Pats fans are delusional and arrogant. Clinging onto past year's achevements. What the Pats and Brady did in past years aint going to help you come Monday. You have every right to be proud of what your TEAM has accomplished, but throwing that crap in Saints fans faces when talking about the CURRENT teams is just pathetic.

You do know this is a Pats message board.

A discussion among Patriot fans on a Patriots site I would think is not throwing anything in a Saints fans face.

So do you actually believe that a Saints win somehow puts Breeze above Brady?

I mean I will be straight up honest. Breeze is a great QB who has had a lot of success against Pats defenses. If the Pats didn't have Brady, I would be happy to have Breeze. I think you have a great coach.

HOWEVER.

1 home win on a Monday night does not somehow surpass 3 superbowl titles, 2 Superbowl MVP's, 50 TD season, and you know the rest.

I will even go so far as to say should the Pats and Saints meet in the SB that if the Saints win that it will not Put the career of Breeze over Brady. Breeze has a lot more to accomplish.

As far as the 5000 yds, while I admit that is an incredible accomplishment, it is a fact that QB's statictically put up more yds in better numbers when they play in a dome then outdoors.

Playing a minimum of half your games in doors is an incredible advantage, expecially when compared to playing in New England weather

You're right, good point. The Saints have played in all those SB already so this is just another game for them.

Riiiight.

St.Fan25-Recommendation: You lose instant credibility by incorporating the word, "dude" in any opinions you try to voice.

Plus, by talking down to people you are coming off as an arrogant, know-it-all, jerk. You team is having a nice season but unfortunately has not gained the neccessary cache to warrant your behavior on this board.

Lets talk football. How will your beloved Saints beat the Patriots? Raise your game. It can't get any lower.....

Last edited:
I really like Drew Brees as a QB and he's a wonderful feel good story, especially in light of Hurricane Katrina devastating New Orleans several years ago. The city cries out for a hero and he is that, given George W. and your congress failed so miserably. Let's face it, a lot of hope and faith is thrust in sports teams and following them.

However, until he produces in the post-season, it's pointless comparing him to Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Brees is no where near Tom's level, Manning and Brady are in a league of their own than it's everybody else.

here's an interesting tidbit that i didn't know Brady is 28-5 against NFC teams.

You're right, good point. The Saints have played in all those SB already so this is just another game for them.

Riiiight.
I get a kick out of these azzclowns BF, the team has been around for forty three years. Most of those forty three years the fans have worn paper bags over their heads, they have had maybe three or four winning seasons and they come here talking sh!t. They're worse than Chargers fans.

Oh give me a break, you sound like we're the Cleveland Browns clinging to the accomplishments of Paul Brown 70 years ago. We've been to four Super Bowls since 2002, not since 1942. If you read what's been here written this week, there's actually a lot of respect for your record this year and for Drew Brees across the board. Come back after you grow up.

Last edited:

Riiiight.

I tried talking to him like a grownup. It doesn't work.

It's disappointing. I had thought the Saints were a class organization and I was hoping we'd have some smart visitors this week like Gunnails from the Jets and the guys from San Diego and a couple of the Indy posters.

Guess this guy is the best the Saints can send over.

But I'll tell you one thing for sure. If we win on Monday this guy will be nowhere to be found on Tuesday.

There's a lot of great (and extremely nervous) Saints fans down here in NOLA. Most that I talk to really don't give a crap about message boards. This guy is probably a backwoods redneck who talks big, but's probably afraid to be in the Quarter after 10:00PM.

Awesome, sounds like we have our 2nd SB of the year coming up. :rolleyes:

Geeez, Brees is a good QB and all, but really. Now he's on Brady's level?

Also,

although this guy isn't, Drew Brees is one of the classiest people in the league. He and his wife have done a ton of work for the community down here, and lifted many spirits.

But that's enough of that...GO PATS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft