PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie weighs in on leadership void

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie also had the benefit of the kangaroo court they had which the NFL stepped in and stopped. Not a big thing but those courts are very helpful when you have the leadership to run them.

please cite it when ? BB has ALWAYS said its about the players not about anyone else even when he won coach of the yr awards and went 16-0 etc.

You're right. He always says it's about the players.

Willie also had the benefit of the kangaroo court they had which the NFL stepped in and stopped. Not a big thing but those courts are very helpful when you have the leadership to run them.

How come the league stepped in? I know it's very common in Rugby with some rediculous outcomes.

The Patriots really should bring Willie in for a physical and a conditioning run. IF he can't pass both with flying colors, perhaps he can become a coach.

For leadership - I'd bring Larry Izzo back first.

For leadership - I'd bring Larry Izzo back first.

Larry friggin Izzo Box? He's dead to me ... sleeping with the fishes.

6O4O3972.jpg

How come the league stepped in? I know it's very common in Rugby with some rediculous outcomes.

I can speak to that.

My advice: don't ever get strung up in court when you're on a rugby tour of the Bahamas. They make a spirit called 151 down there, and when your punishment is drinking that stuff, you're in serious trouble.

Here's what I don't understand. These guys have very little left to contribute on the field, but why not bring them back in a coaching capacity? I'm sure they could find a position assistant job for some of these guys. Harrison for the secondary? Bru/Willie for the LBs? I'm sure they could help teach these young players what it takes to be winners.

Here's what I don't understand. These guys have very little left to contribute on the field, but why not bring them back in a coaching capacity? I'm sure they could find a position assistant job for some of these guys. Harrison for the secondary? Bru/Willie for the LBs? I'm sure they could help teach these young players what it takes to be winners.

Few former players have much interest in coaching. The hours are much longer than they are for players and the pay is nowhere close.

Few former players have much interest in coaching. The hours are much longer than they are for players and the pay is nowhere close.

Yup ... less fame and time for chasing tail.

Willy,Seymour ,vrabel and tom brady this year have said its the players that make the patriots and not the other way around.

BB has always brushed aside when it was ever mentioned it was the players and its is because of him and the patriots org.

which is true we will find out soon

When the hell has BB ever in his entire career taken credit for anything? That is complete nonsense.

Last edited:
Willy,Seymour ,vrabel and tom brady this year have said its the players that make the patriots and not the other way around.

BB has always brushed aside when it was ever mentioned it was the players and its is because of him and the patriots org.

Belichick's maintained that it's the players that make the team more than anyone. He's always said that, and it's not his fault the media decided to pretend it was all about him.

Not much to add to what Willie McG has to say. One of my all time favorite Pats.

Draft Carlos Dunlap and bring Willie McG back for one more year to teach him the elephant. I'd take that combo over Derrick Burgess and Adalius Thomas any day.

I'm not sure the Elephant role would be ideal in the NFL as we now know it. The league was so different then. Now, thanks to the aerial attacks of the league, defenses have evolved to be faster and, consequently, smaller.

That's pretty much the opposite of what Willie said. He said that you need a bunch of guys who are good enough to dig deep and make plays, and then everybody else digs as deep as they can and makes plays too, and it snowballs.

I think that's the most insightful point I've seen in all the (regrettably well-founded) hand-wringing about leadership this year.

Notice he didn't mention Thomas as being a leader........he knows that he's just a check casher.

Great article. The only two names he mentions are the only untouchables on the defense as far as I'm concerned, Wolfork and Warren.

I'm distressed at Mayo's regression. Better to put him at weakside and let him use his speed. We need a pass rush from the edge, more talent in the front seven.

I can live with the defensive secondary. Bodden and Butler at corners. Sanders and Merriweather at safeties.

But our front 7 has regressed and is no longer up to snuff.

Willie can talk heart all he wants. But he was Parcell's pick, the sixth one of the draft after his stud USC career. It's talent, baby. There's no substitute for that.

We really, really need another draft like the Parcells one in 1995 that brought in Ty Law, Curtis Martin, Ted Johnson, among others.

This is hit and run stupidity.

i love the part about him vrabel and vince all saying they aint running at them
thats the kind of team i want a team confident and competing against eachother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back