PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats stand pat at wide receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the short answer to this thread is:

No

For those of you in favor of/predicting Ocho to the NEP, give yourselves a pat on the back.
I never thought that this would actually happen. Doesn't mean I'm in favor of it, it just means
that I thought that Bill would make a more low-key acquisition at WR for camp competition/insurance.

I like the Chad pickup but how much of a deep threat can we expect a 33 year old receiver to be? It seems like he would take over what Branch does but a bit more. I love Branch, but I'd really like Price / Tate / Edelman to have a breakout year and see Ocho / Welker / Breakout. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

For those of you in favor of/predicting Ocho to the NEP, give yourselves a pat on the back.
I never thought that this would actually happen. Doesn't mean I'm in favor of it, it just means
that I thought that Bill would make a more low-key acquisition at WR for camp competition/insurance.

That was my thinking as well. Every time I think I'm tuned into the way BB thinks, he never ceases to surprise me.

I like the Chad pickup but how much of a deep threat can we expect a 33 year old receiver to be? It seems like he would take over what Branch does but a bit more. I love Branch, but I'd really like Price / Tate / Edelman to have a breakout year and see Ocho / Welker / Breakout. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

Couple of things that Chad will bring to the pats and I'm not going to make him into a superstar.

1.He'll be on the RIGHT offensive side,which he prefers,opposit Branch....they'll motion with DB,but not Chad.

2.Chad is one of the best "hands" pass catchers in football...This is a very underrated skill,imo,and that quick slant that Moss ran will be even better with Chad,because he will position his body after the catch,better than Randi could.

3.He runs very precise patterns and will be where TFB wants him to be.....on time.He's terrific at the comeback route and will spin and head downfield,quickly,after the catch.His downfield moves are forward,not side-to-side.......so,smaller cb's are gonna have a problem because he's hard to tackle.

4.He's no longer fast enough for the stop-and-go and you can't really move him around the formation,but,you better shade the safety to his side,because Chad is very difficult to hand-check on the line of scrimmage.

5.Lastly,and most important,he's very,very intelligent......both football-wise and street-wise.
He's a leader,like TFB,and will get frustrated if the young players around him,aren't where they are suppossed to be.Those combo routes that the pats love to run with Welker will be exhilerating.

.......can't wait:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back