PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Stephen Gostkowski still be Pats' Kicker next year?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Stephen Gostkowski still be Pats' Kicker next year?

• Yes

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note...

Weshoff, recently retired from the Jets, is being interviewed by Francessa and just gave the Patriots the nod in terms of special teams for the remaining 8 teams in the playoffs. The main reason?

He thinks Gostkowski is a great kicker.

Just a note...

Weshoff, recently retired from the Jets, is being interviewed by Francessa and just gave the Patriots the nod in terms of special teams for the remaining 8 teams in the playoffs. The main reason?

He thinks Gostkowski is a great kicker.

Just heard that. Said Gost was the only kicker who could have gotten the lift to beat their rush on the game-tying kick in the first game this year.

Just heard that. Said Gost was the only kicker who could have gotten the lift to beat their rush on the game-tying kick in the first game this year.

Yep.... I loved the interview. He's was being extremely candid for a guy who's being careful, if you know what I mean, and he was breaking things down to basics (both fooball wise and off-the-field stuff) much more than we normally get in these interviews. That breakdown was a perfect example.

Last edited:
153 points scored - 6th highest total for a kicker in NFL history, 52 of 59 kickoffs for touchbacks. Cut him?

Even though I never personally made the claim that you refute, I will pose this question:

OK. So, of the hundreds of Place Kickers and thousands of position players who have competed in the NFL over the last nearly half century, Adam Vinatieri individually only accounted for the walk-off (or "walk-off minus three seconds") winning points in two of the 46 Super Bowls to be played in that time and provided the winning margin, whatever its timing, in one other. Your point is...exactly...what...?

If you claim 3 and it's actually 2.....you are kinda like 33% off.

....and if 1 of the 2 was required because the "clutch" kicker missed earlier in the game.......well that's even further down the line.

You really shouldn't get points for a burning house rescue when you like started the fire.

If you claim 3 and it's actually 2.....you are kinda like 33% off.

....and if 1 of the 2 was required because the "clutch" kicker missed earlier in the game.......well that's even further down the line.

You really shouldn't get points for a burning house rescue when you like started the fire.

Weren't you banned for this exact crap?

People forget Vinatieri had some bad years. Some far worse than Gostkowski's this year. Vinatieri bounced back and so will Gostkowski.

Besides, Gostkowski has been better than some fans give him credt for this year. Some people act like he misses every big kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes