PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Kraft Drive Away Brady and/or Belichick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Quarterback

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Before their time? We know Kraft will side with the owners in any Brady lawsuit. Belichick might tire of Bob the Capitulater sacrificing 1st round draft picks every few years any time Goodell needs to appear to be a tough guy, among other things.

..........NO

Probably not. Both are too classy and have too much vested in this organization. Now, will he drive away a significant portion of the fanbase after both leave? Probably.

Last edited:
Probably not. Both are too classy and have too much vested in this organization. Now, will he drive away most of the fanbase after both leave? Probably.

That might be a bit hyperbolic. I doubt that "most" of the fanbase leaves after they do, and there would be significant overlap between fans that leave because of Kraft, and fairweathers who were going to leave when BB/Brady aren't there anymore anyway.

I hope not. It's been months though, I still can't believe Kraft did what he did. I feel as betrayed now as the first day it happened. I'm not sure there is any kind of forgiveness left in me for what Kraft did. Not sure how BB and Brady feel and I'm hoping they don't feel anything like I do.

That might be a bit hyperbolic. I doubt that "most" of the fanbase leaves after they do, and there would be significant overlap between fans that leave because of Kraft, and fairweathers who were going to leave when BB/Brady aren't there anymore anyway.

I probably need more coffee. "Most" was supposed to be "a significant portion". Correction made.

"Most" was supposed to be "a significant portion". Correction made.

I actually figured, I just fell into a semantics trap, which I'm usually loathe to do, so you could have told me to F off too and I would have understood.

I probably need more coffee.

Oh no... don't start another coffee thread!

This is not new behavior.

BB knows from 2007 that Bob's loyalty lies with the owner and commissioner. He knows the game and is content with the good and the bad.

I suspect that Brady knows the game too. Players are disposable pawns in this big machine. Leaving Foxboro at the tail-end of his career to play for another team and another owner who is also of the same mindset as Kraft accomplishes nothing (unless the issue is serious money and future role with the team of course).

While it is unfortunate that they need to defend themselves while their owner canoodles with Ms. Chicken Ass and drinks with Jay Z and Beyonce, neither man will give up their current situation by taking their ball and going home because they feel screwed over by Bob.

Last edited:
Probably not. Both are too classy and have too much vested in this organization. Now, will he drive away a significant portion of the fanbase after both leave? Probably.
I think that's right on all counts. BB and TB won't leave on account of Kraft. [Either might leave if someone makes them an irrationally large "offer they can't refuse" (everybody has his price), but I think that that is highly unlikely.]

I think that he will, however, lose a lot of the loyalty. I have always been proud (see my nick) that I am a long time Patriots fan, but now I'm feeling more like my allegiance is mainly to Brady and Belichick. Frankly, I don't know how I'm going to feel when they are both out of the picture in Foxboro. A post in another thread by a lawyer who knows what he is talking about points out that it was Kraft alone whose appeal or threat of litigation could have held the NFL's feet to the fire.

While I know that it will entail financial sacrifice on the part of fans with Season Tickets, if Brady's Suspension isn't lifted, I think the most powerful message that fans could send to Kraft would be empty seats on opening night.

I've said before that I would be willing to contribute to a fund to reimburse those folks for part of their loss in exchange for the unused tickets, if someone is willing and able to administer such a program.

Brady and the NFL reach a settlement right before trial after the lawsuit is filed. New owner of the New England Patriots . . . Tom Brady!!!!!!!

I do not think Brady will sign another contract with the Patriots after this.
Belichick has too much in place to leave, and its easier to overcome Kraft's loyalties not being with the team than to start over.

I do not think Brady will sign another contract with the Patriots after this.
Belichick has too much in place to leave, and its easier to overcome Kraft's loyalties not being with the team than to start over.

I could easily see BB leave for a college job like Navy. I don't know if he'd want to take another NFL* job?

Giants maybe, since he still seems to have some fondness for them, but I don't know if he'd consider anyone else.

I don't know what I'd do if he ever went back to coach the Rats, but whatever I 'd do I know the answer wouldn't include watching the NFL* anymore.

I think that he will, however, lose a lot of the loyalty. I have always been proud (see my nick) that I am a long time Patriots fan, but now I'm feeling more like my allegiance is mainly to Brady and Belichick. Frankly, I don't know how I'm going to feel when they are both out of the picture in Foxboro. A post in another thread by a lawyer who knows what he is talking about points out that it was Kraft alone whose appeal or threat of litigation could have held the NFL's feet to the fire.

(A) I suspect that another title or two will cause Kraft's actions to blow over in the minds of many. [Not saying it should, merely that it's likely.]

(B) I also suspect that there has been far more discussion of this within the organization than has been shared without. I'm not saying that BB and Brady agree with Kraft, but merely that they have a much better idea of what's going on than any of us on the outside looking in.

I don't get why people keep looking at it this way.......

As an owner, Kraft has to go the way he is going....it is still a money league more than it is a draft pick league......BB would love to have the first rounder, but when the league starts penalizing teams by taking away chunks of their salary cap (will never happen due to collective bargaining) would be when BB would leave

the whole situation is such nonsense that kraft was quite possibly getting out of the way with the hope that the entire process becomes so absurd it will implode on itself (which it seems to be doing)

rolling over and playing dead has its advantages.......just needs to see how this all plays out in the end.......owners get emotional, say ****, then have to backpedal because the other 31 are standing there staring at him.......

BB,TB,RK have been together way too long.........and so much of this was beyond their control

I think the 3 are fine and understand what each of them has to do.......

Here's Tom Brady not having an ounce of hate against Kraft well after Kraft bowed to Goodell:

11250247_295124630611697_1353080032_n.jpg

As an owner, Kraft has to go the way he is going....it is still a money league more than it is a draft pick league......BB would love to have the first rounder, but when the league starts penalizing teams by taking away chunks of their salary cap (will never happen due to collective bargaining) would be when BB would leave

the whole situation is such nonsense that kraft was quite possibly getting out of the way with the hope that the entire process becomes so absurd it will implode on itself (which it seems to be doing)

rolling over and playing dead has its advantages.......just needs to see how this all plays out in the end.......owners get emotional, say ****, then have to backpedal because the other 31 are standing there staring at him.......

Rolling over and playing dead for this?

image.jpg

Brady is under contract for another three seasons. He isn't going anywhere unless the Pats trade him. Who knows if the Pats will even want him in 2018.

Belichick is unlikely to go anywhere either. This is his home. At his age, I don't think he wants to start over somewhere else. And even if he feels Kraft sold the team out in this case, he likes the ownership dynamic here. He knows that his situation could be 1,000 times worse somewhere else.

Before their time? We know Kraft will side with the owners in any Brady lawsuit. Belichick might tire of Bob the Capitulater sacrificing 1st round draft picks every few years any time Goodell needs to appear to be a tough guy, among other things.

This is the million dollar question. Everything else seems small when thinking these terms.

It would seem not likely based on the facts that have been reported but none of us know what goes on within the inner circle so the reality is it is one possible outcome when all is said and done.

(A) I suspect that another title or two will cause Kraft's actions to blow over in the minds of many. [Not saying it should, merely that it's likely.]

(B) I also suspect that there has been far more discussion of this within the organization than has been shared without. I'm not saying that BB and Brady agree with Kraft, but merely that they have a much better idea of what's going on than any of us on the outside looking in.
Since your first statement is about an hypothesized, unknown future, I can neither agree nor disagree with it.

Since your second statement is about something that is unknown to us, I also can neither agree nor disagree with it, but I think you are right to remind us of it and so I found it "Useful."

Huh?
As owner Kraft has to accept an egrigous penalty for something his team was not guilty of?
As an owner he has to damage his franchise because 'the 32' want it that way?
As owner he has to say 'I think everyone who deserves to play should play' when asked point blank if he expects Brady to play opening day?
As owner he has to deny Bradys requests to appear in person or even by phone at the appeal hearing where he is trying to protect his character, image and legacy?
He did not have to do any of these things.

As far as the rest, BB should be happy losing first round pick because they didn't take cap space, becuase they can't take cap space?

So you support running away when things get tough and hope somehow they work out without you?
How does running away from your right to appeal and ACCEPTING the penalties give you any chance of getting anything even if the process implodes. Note that as far as the picks are concerned the process was over a long time ago, so it is not imploding.

What possible advantage could accepting a ridiculous penalty for something you didn't do have?
It's over, he forfeited his right to appeal. What advantage are you talking about? There are not.

BB,TB,RK have been together way too long.........and so much of this was beyond their control
Kraft had complete control over his actions. Being together a long time does not matter when you are stabbed in the back. Make no mistakes Kraft stabbed Brady in the back.

I think the 3 are fine and understand what each of them has to do.......
How could BB or TB be fine with how Kraft has handled this? He did nothing, in fact, worse than nothing because he didn't even support Brady after caving in.
Kraft did what he did for the other 31 owners AT THE EXPENSE OF Brady and BB, and they are smart enough to know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft