PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wild Card Weekend: Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but Houston will have a little more confidence after this win than they had last time.

Going to New England with confidence considering they got throttled by Patriots recently and are struggling with a less than playoff caliber team that had about -6 passing yards at the end of the first half of their current game?
That wouldn't be confidence, that would be false bravado.....

And we'll be happy to suck it right out of them again.:D

Let's not get arrogant. Watt will be an angry angry man and it could jus take a few early hits to knock the wind out of our sails. I am not that eager to face this team.

Houston is a pretty good match-up for our D - we have a physical, disciplined front 7 which should be able to handle their power running game.

Schaub just doesn't have the confidence to challenge our DB's deep - alot of crossing routes, comebacks and dump offs to Foster.

Their D is still very good though.

1st & goal inside the 9 and they gotta settle for a FG. geez

Houston is a pretty good match-up for our D - we have a physical, disciplined front 7 which should be able to handle their power running game.

Schaub just doesn't have the confidence to challenge our DB's deep - alot of crossing routes, comebacks and dump offs to Foster.

Their D is still very good though.

You take away the Texans' play action by not biting on it and you pretty much shut down the Texans' offense, The Pats' discipline is set up to do that.

Bengals look like they are just not in the mood to play today.

They didn't show up today plain and simple. Aside from the guy who made the pick six, at least for that one play. But this is really an embarrassing effort, and Houston only being up by 9 reflects pretty bad on them.

Damn! Earl Campbell with a walker.

Just goes to show that no matter how big, strong, and fast you are, it is better to avoid contact.

I never saw Brown or Sayers play live. Taking them out of the equation, Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson are the 3 greatest running backs I've ever seen. It's a shame to see poor Earl struggling the way he is today.

Last edited:
Going to New England with confidence considering they got throttled by Patriots recently and are struggling with a less than playoff caliber team that had about -6 passing yards at the end of the first half of their current game?
That wouldn't be confidence, that would be false bravado.....

I agree.

Besides, they were probably too confident the last time too. I mean they showed up with letterman jackets which was bound to look ridiculous if they got beat. So they thought there was little chance the Pats were going to beat them last time they went into Foxboro.

I mean let's not forgot Gronk did not play in that game last month

God bjge is slow and hesitant. Glad we have the riddler now.

Yay BJGE, their best player today! Who would'a thunk it?

Dalton coulda snuck that as well.

A good throw there and that's an easy TD for Green.

Too much air on that one

Dalton constantly holds onto the ball forever. I don't know if his o-line is as bad as advertised or he makes them look worse at times.

Dalton gets his awareness up and he will be a good qb.

AJ Green looks like he is dealing with a major hangover. Looks tired and defeated.

If that was ghost kicking the fg I would have heartburn all game.

Field Goal Weekend would be tolerable if the game was interesting. Sadly, it has not been. Thankfully, Adrian Peterson is still to play today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes