PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why was Brady so off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion as far as this thread is concerned is that it would be unfair to say that Brady had an "off-game" without taking into account how awful the play-calling was, and how often it put Brady in a bad position, having to throw against the nickel, dime, and quarter and going on a MOFO read when the middle of the field was jammed with zone schemes.

When asked to throw, Brady is of course going to throw- that's his mentality. He's going to throw, no matter what looks he is given.

Right, this is why I hate when people compare players by using wins and losses or using outcomes of certain games. There are other players and coaches on the team that had something to do with the outcome.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PATRIOTSFANINPA
For every bad performance by Brady,Montana continues to distance himself more and more to compare the two to QBs winning in the postseason.

I don't think there is enough time left in Bradys career to have him even come close to Montana in terms of playoff performances.

At best Brady will be 2nd best in history but the others like Aikman and Bradshaw are closing the gap.

I think your suffering from selective memory. Montana had a stretch in the middle of his career where he was god awful in the playoffs, I looked it up once and passer ratings were 40-60's. Worse than Brady's current stretch

It's not just Indy. It's today's NFL. It's tough to win games on defense alone nowadays

I'm not asking to win on defence alone. I'm asking to not have to win on offense alone. Look at the defences that played today. The two best defences in the league are going to the Superbowl, no accident. No accident that they have elite QB's too. My point is that we need more than an elite QB because sometimes, especially this time of year, you have to win a game 20-17.

I think your suffering from selective memory. Montana had a stretch in the middle of his career where he was god awful in the playoffs, I looked it up once and passer ratings were 40-60's. Worse than Brady's current stretch

Montana also had 3 straight one and out's before winning back to back in '89 and '90.

Montana also had 3 straight one and out's before winning back to back in '89 and '90.

he was also younger than Brady is now when all of the above happened. just saying.

To me, it seems like the pats have not made halftime adjustments the last few years the way they used to when crennel and weis were here. Nowadays, it seems like if they are off, they are off for the entire game. Didn't used to be like that

Because of the hyper ventilating into his cup and blowing a huge snot-bomb on national TV.

The hyper-ventilating was just breathing in smelling salts to clear his sinuses and his head. The huge "Snot-Bomb" - not yet a category on Wikipedia or Jeopardy! - was just down-right impressive.

The huge Snot-Bomb was like watching Tom Brady give birth to another Antonio Cromartie, but with a higher IQ.

The giant Snot-Bomb is really the answer to this thread. If you go frame-by-frame, sorta like the Zapruder film, what you see is part of Tom Brady's brain exiting his nostril and hitting the card on his forearm with all the good plays on it.

Brady spent the entire game calling plays like "Zebra-Left-38-Snot-Bomb-On-One." Confused, everybody just went long and Brady got sacked. Bummer.

Maybe next year, they'll get him a hankie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oTFtGa_BMk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft