PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is Tom Brady treating Patriot fans so badly?

I said this when he left, but I figured someday the idea of moving on from Brady a year or too early would be looked back on less satisfying than sticking with him and giving him the Kobe Bryant exit where he retires here and the fans get to celebrate his career and have that moment. So far the team hasn't done anything to justify losing out on that imo.

That said, it's over so everyone should just move on. Enjoy his Patriot HOF ceremony and Pro Football HOF ceremony and when he shows up to a few events in the future. It's not the most important thing. Peyton Manning didn't do it for the Colts either.

One thing tho...if we had ran it back with Brady in 2020, 2021, and 2022....I believe Belichick would be about 13-14 wins away from Shula. I think Brady was still good enough to drag our team to the playoffs in 2020-2022...and maybe maybe pick up at least 1 play off win....

I was going to ask why Tom Brady isn't showing me that he cares.

But then I decided to do something more masculine like telling my wife I would rather just cuddle than have sex.

LOL, that one's taken - and so was the first one he requested ;)

But yes, username changes are allowed, as long as they're available. :cool:

Ok, that’s reasonable. Then how about Ivan Logue?

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
I was serious.
The only thing serious about you is slacking on your chores from too much time online. Your sister is mighty pissed.

You seem to know a lot about this

I'm no pro and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but I did spend a Tuesday afternoon with fnordcircle once.
You'd be amazed how much deviance you can soak up in a few hours spent in the company of a virtuoso of depravity.

Whatever he feels like, it's his deal. If as a fan you have this 1-day contract thing ok, then you can savor some kind of symbol that it is what it isn't. What it is, is, the player's interests might not be the team's interests or the fans' interests, and then they do stuff in their own interest, and that's that. Thanks for the memories.

It's nice to have the mask off the transaction. Dude, he was never going to hang out with you, get a beer, play some madden, talk about the 2004 season and the Donovan McNabb Flu Bowl, even if he never played anywhere else. His job was just to be the repository of the fan-ness you had to put on somebody because sports is theatre for dumbasses. That's why they're football "heroes." Same with cults of personality in politics. Okay that's a bit much but you get the idea. Brady shmady.

But I mean if he did retire a Patriot I'd watch the **** out of that.

In return for a small price paid for Sunday Ticket, I had the pleasure of watching and rooting for the GOAT for 20 years, six SB wins, another 3 appearances, playoff games and so on. That dude owes us nothing.

Probably were. That is what is disappointing. Same joke, same response, rehashed and retold over and over. Get some new material.

Unfortunately that’s impossible, he’s dependent upon regurgitated material.

He won 5 times more championships I thought the Patriots would win in my lifetime. He can treat me, as a fan, any way he wants to.

I said this when he left, but I figured someday the idea of moving on from Brady a year or too early would be looked back on less satisfying than sticking with him and giving him the Kobe Bryant exit where he retires here and the fans get to celebrate his career and have that moment. So far the team hasn't done anything to justify losing out on that imo.

That said, it's over so everyone should just move on. Enjoy his Patriot HOF ceremony and Pro Football HOF ceremony and when he shows up to a few events in the future. It's not the most important thing. Peyton Manning didn't do it for the Colts either.
It would have been more satisfying for the fans, 2019 made it clear that TB12 was not happy playing on a team that was not competing for the super bowl and where he was expected to help develop the next generation of players. For a someone of his stature to exit gracefully both the team and the player need to compromise. In the case of Brady and the Pats, neither was willing or, in the case of the roster, able to find middle ground. It hurt, but cutting ties at that time was a win win situation for both.

Very true. I sure don't miss those days.

"Newly available Tom Brady — who split with supermodel ex-wife Gisele Bündchen in October — is starting to get his feet wet in the dating game after 13 years of marriage."

His feet? LOL!
Some people have feet kinks

angry lord of the rings GIF

@Ian If you know... ;)

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Lol.... He won us 6 superbowls and made us relevant for 20 years. What more do you want from him? You want his phone number?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back