PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Are The Patriots The Last Team To Hand Out Rookies Their Numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Every year after draft day, I see majority of the NFL teams give players their jerseys with their new numbers the day after, on the other hand, the Patriots are always a day or two late of getting their draft picks to take their picture with their new team and get their assigned number. What is the deal? Why do the Pats take so long to assign their draft picks their numbers?

THEARCHIVES said:
Every year after draft day, I see majority of the NFL teams give players their jerseys with their new numbers the day after, on the other hand, the Patriots are always a day or two late of getting their draft picks to take their picture with their new team and get their assigned number. What is the deal? Why do the Pats take so long to assign their draft picks their numbers?

This question will definitely keep me up tonight!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mini camps can't come soon enough!!!

PatsChick87 said:
:( That's mean. I'm sure you know better than to make fun of the 'challenged' among us. You're usually such a sweetie.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:( That's mean. I'm sure you know better than to make fun of the 'challenged' among us. You're usually such a sweetie.

damn--is that a dig and a complement? :singing:

Flying Fungi said:
damn--is that a dig and a complement? :singing:
No, no, no, just concern for my fellow man no matter how foolish he may be. And I would NEVER dig on PatsChick87!! Everybody knows 87 is a "tight number".

(Edit.. wow, that didn't sound right, please see THEARCHIVES other thread about drafting "tight" players and giving them "tight" numbers for further clarification)

Last edited:
PatsChick87 said:

It may not be very important, but there is some basis to the question. The best answer is the Pats, from the gameday to marketing, are mavericks and really don't care what the rest of the lot do. Here's another one... why haven't we announced our UDRFA signings?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, no, no, just concern for my fellow man no matter how foolish he may be. And I would NEVER dig on PatsChick87!! Everybody knows 87 is a "tight number".

(Edit.. wow, that didn't sound right, please see THEARCHIVES other thread about drafting "tight" players and giving them "tight" numbers for further clarification)

I just now saw this ********'s other thread about drafting "tight, black players." With that being said, it's still a legit question, IMO.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Two questions I am now asking myself.

1. How the hell did I miss that "tight player" thread when it was first posted..

2. After starting that "tight player" thread, how in the hell did THEARCHIVES escape the 'click' from Ian's "you're gone" machine.

Last edited:
Why are you all crapping yourself in suspense on what number they are going to get?

Kdo5 said:
Why are you all crapping yourself in suspense on what number they are going to get?

My guess....there is nothing to talk about. No mini camp, no signings, no trades, nothing.

Kdo5 said:
Lighten up, Francis.
stripes127.jpeg

THEARCHIVES said:

they just like to piss you off

Boston Boxer said:
they just like to piss you off

:D

Well ,duh, of course that's the reason. The Patriots are part of the Illuminati Jewish World Banking Conspiracy- see Bob Kraft and Josh Miller as examples. So, by doing this stuff, they piss us off. We get so pissed off that we don't notice that they assign numbers with secret Kabbalistic significance to them. Everytime we see rookies in their numbered shirts, we fall deeper and deeper into their spell...... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News