Not open for further replies.

F0nSY

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Who's your 2nd team?

:rolleyes:

Who's your 2nd team?

:rolleyes:

The Bears, via my Midwestern roots. It's nice to see them doing well again. If they only had a quarterback, they'd be truly formidable.

The Giants since they were the only choice in the Boston area until the AFL was broadcast on a regular basis.

I waver off and on about San Diego. It was the first place I moved to after leaving MA in 1992. Back then, the Chargers were a good team, winning 11 straight to end the '92 season and then in SB29 a couple of years later, but the SoCal fans weren't going to the games. I felt bad that the team got such crappy support and decided I'd root for them after the Pats. Since I left the area and as time has passed, I've come to the conclusion that such nonchalant fans don't deserve a title. I know there are a handful of diehards down there and would feel happy for them, but for the most part the locals are a bunch of bandwagoners so eff the majority of them.

When Gruden was coach, I enjoyed watching the local Raiders. They played tough and Gruden refused to let Al get in the way. Plus, Raiders fans as a whole are okay. The problem with them is that their lowlife fans are *much worse* than every other team's lowlife fans (and every team has them). Since Gruden left and Al has become his meddlesome self again, I've enjoyed watching them implode. Callahan's sophmore season and Art Shell's 2006 have been joys to watch.

As for the other local team, I've liked SF since they've bottomed out because its fans needed some humbling. In the 90s, 49er fans were unbearable (probably like Celtics fans in the 80s to be honest, and some Pats fans who didn't live through the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons). I feel kinda bad for them, though, because success starts at the top and York is a clown, although he's slowly learning from his mistakes.

Regards,
Chris

49ers since I've lived in the Bay Area since before the Walsh - Montana era started. It got pretty close in those years and also Steve Young's, esp. when the Patriots were down. Last night's win over Seattle seemed like the 49ers biggest since the Catch II, Young to TO over the Packers.

The Boston Celtics :)

Probably Dallas since I lived there for a few years. I also like Carolina.

I don't really have a 2nd team, but there are many teams I like to watch play, win or lose.

I hate to admit that I like to watch Dallas to see how the Tuna, Terry Glenn and (formerly) how Drew Bledsoe do. I am also one of those people who would love a Pats/Dallas Superbowl this year (don't think it's gonna happen though).

I now like to watch Seattle and hope they lose.
I like to watch Indy and hope they lose.
I am always interested in watching any other AFC East team play.

I like any good match-up week to week. For instance, I can't wait to watch Indy/Cinn on Monday night (and hope Indy loses) as I think it will be a good game.

I love to watch all playoff games, either conference.
If the Pats can't be there, I always cheer for the AFC to win the Superbowl, but that will not be the case if Indy is the AFC entrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3