PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who would You like to see more involved in the Pats Offense?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would You like to see more involved in the Pats Offense?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

brady199

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm not sure Why Edelman isn't involved more? I know he's taking some snaps on Defense, I didn't see him out there as much today. Also less BJGE and more Ridley would be fine with me. If Vereen is healthy enough, I'd like to see more of him when it matters and not in garbage time, so we could see what he's got.

And yes I realize the Pats got a top 5 offense with the guys they are throwing out there, but with Welker, Gronk and Hernadez drawing so much attention from the opposing Defense, it's the role players who can make them pay for doing so.

And I'm sure if Taylor Price was still here, he'd get some votes too :(

Ridley!

I think this kid deserves to carry the ball more, i liked him a lot yesterday! But when he seems hot we swith to another RB... Why?

Ridley.

And it shouldn't even be close.

I would have said Charlie Weiss.

Barring that I'd like Ocho to become more "versed" in the offense. it was clear that there were 2 routes (after the TD catch) that Brady expected Ocho to run. Must be real frustrating for him.

So, I'll agree with people on Ridley and the running game as our passing attack seems to be good (though Branch may be a missing factor).

A tossup between Ocho and Ridley, but I went for Ocho because if we can stretch the field it's over for most D's with Welker and those two tight end fellas who kind of seem to be keepers over the middle.

It wasn't offered as a choice, but, after watching him stymie Mr. Rodgers yesterday, I sure wouldn't argue if Romeo was running the D again...hey, it is the week before Christmas and I can hope can't I?

Last edited:
There are so many weapons. How could I limit my choice to just one? I would love to see Ridley get more touches. In fact, I predicted he would against the Broncos and he did. I would also love to see Chad make more plays like the TD grab. Beyond that, have we forgotten how good Danny Woodhead was last season? It's like they forgot all about him. There are just too many weapons man.

Voted for Ridley but I really think it would be nice to get more involvement from all the running backs both by running more and more check down passes like the one to BJGE yesterday or screens. The more these RBs are integrated in ths offense; the harder it will be to defend.

I have a question that one of the really smart people who post on this board might be able to answer: What is so advantageous about having 5 receivers wide that it offsets having a back in the backfield so the defense must, at least, think there's a chance you might run the ball?

I voted Woodhead, but any of the RBs would have my vote.

Also, I was a pretty big fan of Ocho's blocking in this last game. I'd like him to get more snaps but not for catching so much as blocking. He put in a really nice block at one point and took out 2 defenders chasing down our ball carrier. I'd like to see more blocking like that! And run game blocking too. We could use help there for sure.

As for Edelman, I prefer him on defense/ST these days.

Last edited:
Vince Wilfork. Hey if they can put offensive players on defense, why not the other way. He doesn't get passed on much, but Wilfork has shown that he has soft hands and "blazing speed". I would love to see him used as a deep threat in a 5 wide situation. Who could cover him? Maybe Revis.

Pretty much anyone, Brady might be having his best season ever (if you factor in the defense/receiving cast of now with 07 it makes sense). Most yards, second most TDs, all without much depth, give him some more help for the playoffs and we are the number one offense by far, those experts wouldn't be able to say anything.

I have a question that one of the really smart people who post on this board might be able to answer: What is so advantageous about having 5 receivers wide that it offsets having a back in the backfield so the defense must, at least, think there's a chance you might run the ball?

To me there's no advantage to the empty formation, and it puts more pressure on Brady in addition to leaving him completely unprotected.

I strongly believe we are at our best in a one-back formation with a true RB back there because of the play-action option that can be triggered anytime.

Our biggest gains have come out of the play-action.

To me there's no advantage to the empty formation, and it puts more pressure on Brady in addition to leaving him completely unprotected.

I strongly believe we are at our best in a one-back formation with a true RB back there because of the play-action option that can be triggered anytime.

Our biggest gains have come out of the play-action.

Could not agree more.
What really gets me wicked pissed is lining up with Faulk IN the backfield and then he sprints out to a wideout position. WTF?

(1) Play action and (2) actually THROW A PASS to a RB. OK BJGE catches like I do but the others have hands. Why de facto eliminate the threat of a run when you still have the option of a swing pass or the RB blocker having nobody to block releasing into the flat or a LB vacated zone???

In the game against the Skins, we successfully ran the ball down the field. 1st and goal at the 5. What did we do? Empty backfield. NO threat to run it in so the D could configure against the pass. What happened? Missed passes and a FG.

I know I sound like NEM but this tying a hand behind our back really pisses me off about our super offense.

Last edited:
Wes Welker.

I want him to break both the rec and yards records.

Ocho Cinco should be our own boss :D

More Green-Ellis because he's our best running back. That said, I was very happy with the integration of the RB's into the game plan yesterday. It added a wonderful dynamic to the offense, one where all three were major contributors to the outcome of the game.

This question can be tricky...

The obvious answer is Ocho should be at least attempted to be thrown to more as ON PAPER is the only real downfield threat outside of the TEs...problem is he stinks 99.8% of the time

We have no real threat down the field and Underwood looks at times like he is just glad to be on an NFL roster

Personally I think Chad is worthless and has lost his talents as he is older but still the answer would be Ocho but ONLY if he can improve off a pathetic waste of $6M year.

Now if you go by talent and who should be involved more IF they had a chance..It's Ridley

There was not a poll option for " the guy who will produce", which is where my vote would go. :D

Drafting 2 RB's this season makes me think BJGE unfortunately won't be back next year, one of my favorite players on the team, even if he's been underused (IMO) this year.

Voted Ridley, I want to see him get 20+ touches each of the next two weeks. See if he can move the chains when given a chance to get into a groove. He's shown some flashes of greatness as well as some "what the hell was that?" moments, but he hasn't ever had a big workload, without checking, I'd guess his 11 carries yesterday is the most in a game.

He looked good with 11 touches. I want to see him with 20+, see what we really have, especially against a decent D in Miami.

I really hope we can get a Rice/Turner/Peterson type guy, not asking for someone that productive (though it'd be great), but someone who can carry 20-25 times a game while giving Woodhead/Vereen the remaining 5-10 touches. I'm not a big fan of the 'running back by committee' approach when we're splitting 25-30 carries between 4 or 5 backs. Nobody can get anything going that way.

This offense is so much more deadly with a true play-action threat.

Last edited:
Drafting 2 RB's this season makes me think BJGE unfortunately won't be back next year, one of my favorite players on the team, even if he's been underused (IMO) this year.

Voted Ridley, I want to see him get 20+ touches each of the next two weeks. See if he can move the chains when given a chance to get into a groove. He's shown some flashes of greatness as well as some "what the hell was that?" moments, but he hasn't ever had a big workload, without checking, I'd guess his 11 carries yesterday is the most in a game.

He looked good with 11 touches. I want to see him with 20+, see what we really have, especially against a decent D in Miami.

I really hope we can get a Rice/Turner/Peterson type guy, not asking for someone that productive (though it'd be great), but someone who can carry 20-25 times a game while giving Woodhead/Vereen the remaining 5-10 touches. I'm not a big fan of the 'running back by committee' approach when we're splitting 25-30 carries between 4 or 5 backs. Nobody can get anything going that way.

This offense is so much more deadly with a true play-action threat.
I wouldn't mind finding out the contract status of Jonathan Stewart. Carolina has paid Williams a tonne of money and Cam Newton is now a vulture in their running game. Effective runner between the tackles, on the outside break and is excellent in the receiving game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick