2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you want to win the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seahawks have no shot. They won't be able to score enough points to keep up with the Donks. Sorry but Seyton gets his 2nd ring.

That’s a good one pal…. Do me a favor and lay off the weed, will ya?

Won’t be able to hang on with Manning? LOL… our own $hiity ***** defense, held the forehead AT HIS OWN HOUSE to a measly 26 point. So trust me, Seattle certainly won’t have to worry about hanging with the donks…. That’s because Seattle’s defense will *****-shred that forehead and his O-line. Manning will be spending most of his snaps on his back, after being steamrolled by the Seahawks pass rush. And I’m not even talking about what the Seahawks secondary will do to his receivers.

P.S.

I hope Chancellor lays one awesome lick on Welker. That would be the icing.

Their calling this the greatest season a quarterback has ever had and the Broncos record setting offense one of the greatest of all time. Based on that, how can I not pick the Broncos? Because I vividly remember the last time they said this in 2007. and we all know how that turned out.:bricks:

I know it's redundant, but even in the "offense-favored" NFL I still believe that defense wins championships. I'm picking Seattle.

Rooting against Denver which means Denver will win since these Super Bowls have rarely turned out the way I preferred them to, especially since the Pats' last title. It's been nightmarish with only two exceptions.

Super Bowl XL: Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLI: Indianapolis Colts defeat Chicago Bears
Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants defeat New England Patriots
Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Arizona Cardinals

Super Bowl XLIV: New Orleans Saints defeat Indianapolis Colts
Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers defeat Pittsburgh Steelers

Super Bowl XLVI: New York Giants defeat New England Patriots
Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers

Here's what I'm pulling for:

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 46
Seahawks need the weather to help them. And if weather conditions are okay, I can't see their defense stopping Peyton for 4 quarters. I also can't see Wilson and their offense scoring more than 20 pts.

Re: Seahawks or Bronco's?

OK, it's getting to within 10 days fo the Super Bowl. I find it hard to believe for people who post here to say they don't care who wins the Super Bowl.

I also find it harder to believe that people who post here saying that they will not watch all or part of the Super Bowl. Football fans watch football ,even tough their team is not in the game, it'sthe last game of the year.

This game is really not about Peyton Manning or Richard Sherman. It's about which team can claim the NFL Championship and have the banner flying at their stadium, forever.

So it's time to go on record. Who do you want to win,or stated another way, who do you want to lose the SB? A vote on the poll for who you want to win can also mean that you want the other team to lose.:D

1. TFB is on record saying he will not watch

2.Super Bowl XL: Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Seattle Seahawks
Super Bowl XLI: Indianapolis Colts defeat Chicago Bears DID NOT WATCH
Super Bowl XLII: New York Giants defeat New England Patriots
Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Arizona Cardinals DID NOT WATCH
Super Bowl XLIV: New Orleans Saints defeat Indianapolis Colts ONLY TUNED IN JUST B4 THE PICK 6!
Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers defeat Pittsburgh Steelers DID NOT WATCH
Super Bowl XLVI: New York Giants defeat New England Patriots
Super Bowl XLVII: Baltimore Ravens defeat San Francisco 49ers

and I wish I had not watched XLII & XLVI

I WILL be watching my man Wilson defeat the Donks this year

waiting on the weather forecast. despite Manning's desire that those who think that adverse weather affects him should put their concern "where the grass don't grow," I still think he's less effective in bad weather conditions. right now, the game day forecast is for 20's and snow, vaguely defined as light but still unpredictable.

cold, wind and more than a little snow, I'm picking the Seahawks. If this were Colin "Lambeau" Kaepernick, I'd definitely be leaning towards the NFC team.

Hopefully I get to re-link this in a post-a-GIF thread next weekend! :D

I will ALWAYS pick the D over Manning!

Super Bowl XL: Pittsburgh Steelers defeat Seattle Seahawks

That game factors into my choosing the Seahawks. The refs handed the Steelers that game in my most blatant, disgusting manor. The Seahawks deserve to join the list of teams with a championship because they already should be among that group.

I wish the Pats was playing the hawks to revenge last years loss. I really hate these two teams but I hate PM more so I guess I want the hawks to win but I definitely wont be watching the game. :mad:

I just hope the Seahawks don't get completely robbed by the officials as they did in Super Bowl Xtra Lame.

Go Seahawks.

I hope its a blow out, and then next season the Broncos play the worse team on their schedule ( of course that they will) so then we can once again watch story lines be made up about how Manning is still the best ever.

Because they will. and its F'n Crazy.

Ok less of two evils... I'll go Seahawks.
Who wants to hear all that Peyton is greatest of all time BS?! If hew wins 2 championships it leap frogs him over Brady & Montana? Please mediots are just in love with him just like they crowned Rodgers Best Ever. Good luck PM playin at Metlife Stadium, winter conditions with swirling winds at 25-30 MPH with his wobbly noodle arm. He's gonna see a Pass Rush and tighter Secondary this time.

Reminds of Pats vs Giants 2007 Superbowl
Our Unstoppable Record Setting Offense vs Giants fierce Pass Rush and as bad as Brady & Offense was knocked around and in check from scoring points Pats STILL lead with like alittle Over 2 mins left. A. Samuel picks off that pass to sidelines well we know'da rest.

I don't see PM gettin it done vs that DEF in that weather.

Go Seahawks.

I hope its a blow out, and then next season the Broncos play the worse team on their schedule ( of course that they will) so then we can once again watch story lines be made up about how Manning is still the best ever.

Because they will. and its F'n Crazy.

Interesting comparing Pats and Broncos opponents next year. Looks like AFC East teams play AFC West teams. Bit of a wash there, I think, comparing the two divisions (KC roughly = Miami, SD > Jets, Buff a bit > Raiders).

Then for the rest of the AFC: Both teams get Colts-Bengals, except where Broncos are home vs Indy and away vs Cinci, Pats get the opposite.

So then it comes down to the NFC:

Broncos get the very tough NFC West (home Cards and Niners, road Rams and Seahawks). Pats get the somewhat less tough NFC North (home Bears and Lions, road Packers and Vikings).

All in all, I'd say a much tougher road to video game stats for PM and possibly a #1 bye for Denver than they had this year. If Pats stay healthy, they should come out on top.

I feel like the Seahawks defense actually matches up well with the Bronco's offense. I don't believe in the Broncos defense (they have been good in the playoffs thus far) stopping Marshawn or Russell. If Harvin can give them anything (even just line up), that will help a lot.

I find it interesting that now the poll is public a lot less people are voting for the broncos to win.

I think Seattle wins the game but that may just be my desire for Manning to lose another Super Bowl winning out.

I live in broncos country and I don't dislike the broncos or manning, but these are the biggest bunch of homers I ever had to listen to. If the broncos loose there will be a thousand excuses why, refs, weather, coaches etc.

But I think the broncos are going to get something they haven't seen before. The Seattle defense plays right to the rules and will hit you like a tons of bricks if you part of hone play or not. For example if your a receiver and your trying to block on a running play the Seattle defense is going to punish you. I can't Even imagine a small guy going across the middle on them, did anyone see Vernon Davis get smoked last week.

I agree with a lot of other folks, if they can rush manning I think Seattle has a real good chance, and when you can sack CK a few times a game I'm pretty sure you can get to manning. This game is all on the Denver o line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore