2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who knows more about the Pats

• The local sports media

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Me

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don't but this board does (minus a few knuckleheads)

Votes: 50 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysts as opposed to journalists. I'd like to draw that distinction in the media group.

Same here- there are some truly talented analysts, for sure, who know a ton about the game in general and the Pats in particular. As far as the journalists go, though, they're mostly hacks with a few notable exceptions.

Fred Smerlas is a genius

IMO, Reiss is the only media type who consistently seems to know what's going on and, just as importantly, admits when he doesn't.

I live in NYC and the coverage of the Pats presents a very interesting contrast to the coverage of the Jets.

The Jets air everything out and little, if anything, is secret, so the media is reporting rather than investigating most of the time.

The Pats let out virtually nothing, as we all know, so the media spends a lot of time trying to figure out what's going on, which, in turn, leads to the "mountains out of molehills" kind of reporting we've had about the Brady contract situation.

Crass and sarcastic, eh? Yes, I've noticed. Noble virtues, both of 'em.

Crass and sarcastic, eh? Yes, I've noticed. Noble virtues, both of 'em.

Dagnabbit, they are, aren't they? A lot better than know-it-all and condescending.

Just watching NECN Sunday sports out of boredom and apparently Comcast has taken that over too and Felger is the host. He and Curran were just discussing whether the offense or defense was more concerning and after Felger bloviated about unproven rookies and old guys at the receiving positions, Curran suggested after he's had a chance to see them in camp he might have a different opinion. See, that's the thing. Felger doesn't have time to attend camp or be in locker rooms or around teams or their management because he is spread too thin managing Mike Felger's far ranging multi media career. And the foundation of that career has been built on critical flippancy and raising his voice to a staccato level it's difficult to rationaly overcome. He overwhelms/dominates lesser talent. He wilts when matched up with anyone who has the courage of their conviction that they know miles more than he does about whatever he's bloviating about...which is primarily opinion as opposed to insight since he has no remaining basis for providing that.

I saw that too Mo.
Felger is Queen of the Mediots. He's worried about a lack if talent and depth at WR?? :rofl
Reality is Tom Brady will have more talent and weapons in the passing game than he's EVER had and Michele Felger is worried about a lack of talent/depth at WR. :D
There are 3 media people whose opinions MATTER and who give us smart and insightful analysis on pro football and the NE Patriots, Steve DeOssie, Scott Zolak and Andy Gresh. They know their stuff and they don't bring an agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes