PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the best team in the NFC?

With Palmer down, I'd say it comes down to Detroit, Green Bay and Seattle. If Stafford can pull his head out of his ass long enough to learn low-variance football when his team is leading, the Lions will have a good shot. I don't have any faith in him to do that, though - I think he's too much of a liability (and their schedule is too tough) to get them to 12-4. So I'd probably go with Green Bay for now.

Crazy how fast the balance of power's flipped, right?...it looked like SF, Seattle and GB would be juggernauts for years and just like that they're all vulnerable in various ways, hell if SF lost that game Sunday they'd have almost no shot at the playoffs and even now look like they'll need some help. Two teams that have looked great both lost their QB's, and who the hell knows what to make of Detroit. Weird, weird season for the NFC.

Anyway, I'm going with Green Bay. Their defense leaves something to be desired but they held some solid offenses (Detroit, Chicago twice, Miami) in check and their only stinkers were @NO and @SEA, two brutal houses to play in and something they very likely wouldn't have to deal with in the playoffs. Arguably the easiest finishing schedule among the contenders in the NFC so I could see them finishing 12-4 and get a bye, or at least 11-5 and home field in the wild card.

seattle. by far...

maxwell returned. wright/chancellor/wagner should be back....theyre getting healthy at the right time.

seattle. by far...

maxwell returned. wright/chancellor/wagner should be back....theyre getting healthy at the right time.
They just lost a huge part of their dline, mebane.

Arizona I still believe can make it through to the super bowl. They may not be the best nfc team but I think they can still make it and make history

They just lost a huge part of their dline, mebane.

Arizona I still believe can make it through to the super bowl. They may not be the best nfc team but I think they can still make it and make history

mebane done, not good..

maybe the saints get hot and make a run. the nfc is wide open

mebane done, not good..

maybe the saints get hot and make a run. the nfc is wide open

I still think it's Arizona that's gonna be in the super bowl. That offense has a lot of playmakers and that defense is good enough to hold some teams to low enough points for the az offense to win. I think this is the first year that a sb hosting stadium will feature their team. But I also think if the pats or Denver make it to the SB, the afc team will win the sb

I still think it's Arizona that's gonna be in the super bowl. That offense has a lot of playmakers and that defense is good enough to hold some teams to low enough points for the az offense to win. I think this is the first year that a sb hosting stadium will feature their team. But I also think if the pats or Denver make it to the SB, the afc team will win the sb

this is why i want seattle to make the sb. just in case we don't.
i don't want denver lifting the lombardi. they would defeat the cards..

The Eagles still play the Cowboys twice. If they win both, and I think they will, the Eagles might enter the playoffs as a #1 or #2 seed. How ironic would that be for Mark Sanchez and the Jets?

I was pretty down on Seattle earlier, well, I still am, but until they miss the playoffs or are elminated, I'm picking them.

My #2 is Green Bay.

The Cardinals and Cowboys are both "fake" to me. Arizona's only strength is run defense. Their rushing attack ranks 29th, passing defense ranks 30th, passing offense is 13th.

They win games but they don't do anything to "wow" you, which is usually required to win playoff games. You need a solid team that does something exceptionally well in addition to being solid everywhere else.

The Cowboys are just playing above their talent level and I seriously question Romo's ability to survive the rest of this season. Oh, and Arizona already lost their QB.

The Eagles are now relying on Mark Sanchez, who is playing well, but we've all seen enough of him to know that he's always been capable of playing good to great short stretches and will more than likely fall off.

The Saints simply won't be hosting more than one game come January. That should be their end.

I think that when it's on the line both GB and SEA will fight it out for the SB spot but this NFC is so weak compared to recent years. GB has the QB to elevate them to almost any level in the NFL and the playoff/SB experience while the Hawks' are still a great home team and should be hungry for #2.

They don't have a clear cut #1 team and no team currently dominating the rest of the conference. The AFC has 2 in NE and DEN, and both have currently looked far more impressive against their opponents to date than the NFC squads have.

I think the packers are kind of overrated quite honestly. They have been playing well lately at home against bad teams.

But look what happened against the saints. They got their doors blown off. They are a soft team imo

49ers on the other hand went in therd and stole a game in that dome.

The 49ers got beat at home by Chicago.

Seattle until proven otherwise.

It's not Arizona (sans Palmer), Green Bay (no defense), Philadelphia (unstable QB situation, no defense), Dallas (Romo, no defense), Detroit, San Francisco, or obviously anyone in the NFC South.
I don't think so. Wilson lost two of his primary receivers and Lynch doesn't seem like he can carry them by himself. Plus, the defense seems to have taken a step back. On the other hand, every team in the NFC is flawed this year.

I don't buy into Philly at all. I have a lot of respect for Chip Kelly, great mind offensively, but its just too gimicky for me. They are the Oregon of the NFL, and Oregon despite being good for sometime, never won the big one.

I want to say Seattle cuz they are the champs, but no. NO to inconsistent, and GB just killing bad teams at home. And Arizona just lost their QB.I want to say Detroit, but Stafford is a pea brain.

I'm gonna say SF. They're getting some big players back defensively (Aldon Smith, Bowman, Willis) and that team is just battle tested. Its also probably their last big run with Harbaugh rumored to leave. A Pats-9ers SB would also mean a battle of the 2 teams that have gone to 3 straight conference championship games...
They also just lost Patrick Willis for the season. Although as far as unlikely sounding injuries to land someone on IR, 'strained big left toe' seems why the hell up there.

Would not sleep on SF. They could be like the giants of the past yrs. They get willis,bowman and aldon smith back. Still have both division games vs seattle and a home ARI game.
Willis is done for the year.

I was pretty down on Seattle earlier, well, I still am, but until they miss the playoffs or are elminated, I'm picking them.

My #2 is Green Bay.

The Cardinals and Cowboys are both "fake" to me. Arizona's only strength is run defense. Their rushing attack ranks 29th, passing defense ranks 30th, passing offense is 13th.

They win games but they don't do anything to "wow" you, which is usually required to win playoff games. You need a solid team that does something exceptionally well in addition to being solid everywhere else.

The Cowboys are just playing above their talent level and I seriously question Romo's ability to survive the rest of this season. Oh, and Arizona already lost their QB.

The Eagles are now relying on Mark Sanchez, who is playing well, but we've all seen enough of him to know that he's always been capable of playing good to great short stretches and will more than likely fall off.

The Saints simply won't be hosting more than one game come January. That should be their end.

I think that when it's on the line both GB and SEA will fight it out for the SB spot but this NFC is so weak compared to recent years. GB has the QB to elevate them to almost any level in the NFL and the playoff/SB experience while the Hawks' are still a great home team and should be hungry for #2.

They don't have a clear cut #1 team and no team currently dominating the rest of the conference. The AFC has 2 in NE and DEN, and both have currently looked far more impressive against their opponents to date than the NFC squads have.
The difference for Sanchez is that he now has the benefit of a legitimate coaching staff.

Last edited:
If I go with my head I'd go with Green Bay, as they have a great quarterback and have played pretty well lately.

But I really want to see Dallas make some noise in the playoffs. I have great respect for DeMarco Murray and what he's done for that team.

A little clarity here. Green Bay is pulling away. I still think there a B grade team with there defense and sub par coaching.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back