PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we root for?

Wentz out against the Raiders. This obviously has significant seeding implications.

Wentz out against the Raiders. This obviously has significant seeding implications.
And he can't practice next week - the earliest he comes back is Saturday.

Of course, they finish with the Jags, so...

Pats win Sunday and I think they almost certainly make the playoffs. At 10 wins, the only teams fighting us for a WC would be the Raiders, the Chargers, and the Ravens.

Ravens have the Rams and the Steelers left.
Raiders have the Colts and the Chargers.

We have the tie-break against the Chargers. So, if the Raiders win out (and the Colts beat the Jags in the last week), and the Dolphins beat the Titans, we could be in trouble.

Then again, if we can't take care of business, we don't belong in the playoffs anyway.

Last edited:
Does it matter with this guy? I trust that a half decent backup would do just as well as him. EDIT: Sam Ehlinger. OK so, I could be wrong, LOL.

How in the world is Wentz unvaccinated? INSANE

The wildcard in all of this is the COVID list. They better keep Mac in a disinfected room. Imagine the thought of Hoyer playing meaningful games for us in January :yuck:

Dreading seeing the pats humiliated on national tv again. Not sure who would be the easiest opponent.
Gimme another game in Buffalo. I wouldn’t call them the easiest but Pats know them the best and know what they’re getting. Chiefs would also be a good matchup too for us.

Facing the Derrick Henry Titans would be probably the worst matchup.

The Wentz thing isn't good for the Patriots. I was hanging my hat on the idea there's no way in hell the Raiders will beat the Colts next week.

If the Raiders beat the Colts, and the Dolphins beat the Titans....

Then the Patriots, even beating the Jaguars, would still not clinch the postseason going into the final Sunday. And in that case, the Colts would still need to win over the Jaguars at 1:00 and would be 14+ point favorites. The Patriots would need to beat the Dolphins, also at 1:00, or else they'd lose control of their playoff destiny and need the eliminated Chargers to beat the Raiders in the 4:25 game.

Now, the odds of these all happening are extremely slim altogether...but I was hoping the Patriots would clinch with a win over the Jaguars because getting to Week 18 and needing to beat Miami to ensure a postseason birth will stress me out.

Gimme another game in Buffalo. I wouldn’t call them the easiest but Pats know them the best and know what they’re getting. Chiefs would also be a good matchup too for us.

Facing the Derrick Henry Titans would be probably the worst matchup.

Once the Bills beat the Jets in week 18 they’ll be 11-1 in the AFC East the past two years. They aren’t the same old Bills.

Who Do We Root For?

Any team playing the Most Evil Organization in Football, the Kansass Sh!tty Queefs, that’s who.

Should’ve been Job1 for Everyone here from Week 1.

Who Do We Root For?

Any team playing the Most Evil Organization in Football, the Kansass Sh!tty Queefs, that’s who.

Should’ve been Job1 for Everyone here from Week 1.

Chiefs can still end up as low as the 4 seed if they lose to the Bengals (possible) and the Broncos (well...weirder things have happened)

I would absolutely love for the Bills to lose to the Falcons or Jets. With Covid you never know

I apologize for not starting this thread 4 months ago :(

No worries; I should’ve started this thread myself, but I was under the delusion that maybe they would suffer from Super Bowl Loser Syndrome and not become the #1 And Only seed… For that I blame nobody else but myself

Root for the Rona to hit MIA and the Raiders (and not us of course).

Even with Wentz being unvaxxed he can play in 5 days, as long as he's asymptomatic. Don't think he plays this Sunday though so Raiders have a chance as long as they stop Taylor.

Colts back up to 7 point favorites. I think this means Wentz did not test positive and is isolating due to close contact.

Basically every combination i can think of in the ESPN Playoff Calculator has the Patriots making the playoffs as long as we beat the Jaguars

A few scenarios where we can go 0-2 to close the year and still get the 7th seed, but if we beat the Jags we clinch a playoff spot

update: never mind, looks like if Raiders win out, and Pats lose to Dolphins, we could be knocked out of the playoffs. Chances of raiders winning out is pretty small IMO, they're @Colts and then Chargers to close out the year... pretty rough final 2 games for them

Last edited:
@captain stone They can push Pats out of playoffs under certain scenarios.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back