PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we root for?

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There used to be a great thread here about who we should be rooting for on any given week, based on how it would impact the Pats. I haven’t noticed it for a while. So can someone please do the math and tell us who I should be rooting for? It’s obviously especially more important now that we got bullied today and lost a winnable game.

Also, go Atlanta next week. That is my contribution.

Right now, root for the Saints to beat the LOLphins and, much as I hate to say it, apparently the Donkeys to beat the Raiders.

anyone playing the chargers/colts/dolphins/ravens at this point.

Patriots need to win out to secure a spot.

I thought based on the title this was going to be like that scene in Miracle with Eruzione.

I root for the New England Patriots football team.

There used to be a great thread here about who we should be rooting for on any given week, based on how it would impact the Pats. I haven’t noticed it for a while. So can someone please do the math and tell us who I should be rooting for? It’s obviously especially more important now that we got bullied today and lost a winnable game.

Also, go Atlanta next week. That is my contribution.
Root for the Chiefs right now to knock off the Steelers.

Anyone playing against the Dolphins.

Also root against Vegas and the Broncos, but they’re playing each other at the moment. Root against Vegas there, we have tiebreakers on the Broncos.

Root against the Ravens, both because it might help us, but mostly just on principle.

To guarantee a spot, yes, they need to win out.

But they still have close to a 50/50 chance even at 9–8, and 10–7 would require nearly every possible game going the wrong way.

So if we win out, are we in for sure?

Can those bastard Fins wreck our season three years in a row??

Root for the Chiefs right now to knock off the Steelers.

Anyone playing against the Dolphins.

Also root against Vegas and the Broncos, but they’re playing each other at the moment. Root against Vegas there, we have tiebreakers on the Broncos.

Root against the Ravens, both because it might help us, but mostly just on principle.
Thank you!

So if we win out, are we in for sure?

Can those bastard Fins wreck our season three years in a row??
"Yes" on the first (only 6 teams can still get to 11 wins), and "not by themselves" on the second.

Thank you!
I figure the Colts and Titans are both in, and Baltimore and the Bengals are in. So we need to make sure the 3 AFC west teams (besides KC), the Steelers, and Dolphins don’t get ahead of us for the 3rd wild card spot. We’ve got the tiebreaker on the Browns, they’re effectively eliminated. We have it on the Chargers too and their loss this week was huge.

Take care of business against the Jags next week and if the cards fall right, that could be enough to clinch a playoff spot on its own.

The Chargers loss today was really big. If the Chiefs hold on to this 23-0 lead over Pitt, it looks like we would just have to win 1 of the last 2 to qualify for the playoffs. I think we're good as long as we beat Jax OR Miami

I figure the Colts and Titans are both in, and Baltimore and the Bengals are in. So we need to make sure the 3 AFC west teams (besides KC), the Steelers, and Dolphins don’t get ahead of us for the 3rd wild card spot. We’ve got the tiebreaker on the Browns, they’re effectively eliminated. We have it on the Chargers too and their loss this week was huge.

Take care of business against the Jags next week and if the cards fall right, that could be enough to clinch a playoff spot on its own.
I kept reading “the cards” as “the Cardinals”… I need some water.

The Chargers loss today was really big. If the Chiefs hold on to this 23-0 lead over Pitt, it looks like we would just have to win 1 of the last 2 to qualify for the playoffs.
Really?… that is awesome.

The Chargers loss today was really big. If the Chiefs hold on to this 23-0 lead over Pitt, it looks like we would just have to win 1 of the last 2 to qualify for the playoffs.
On the ESPN machine it looks like there are a lot of paths to a game 3 in mid January between the Bills and Pats in Buffalo. Division playoff games are always interesting.

We should hope Indy can somehow overtake the Titans in their divsision so we can have a wildcard tie breaker against them. Most of the teams behind us lost.

On the ESPN machine it looks like there are a lot of paths to a game 3 in mid January between the Bills and Pats in Buffalo. Division playoff games are always interesting.
I was fantasizing about the Pats beating the Bill on their home turf. That would be so satisfying.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back