3 - Troy Brown
4 - Tedy Bruschi
5 - Gronk

1. Tom Brady
2. Troy Brown
3. Teddy Bruschi
4. Ty Law
5. Willie McGinest

Honorable mentions: Rob Gronkowski, Mike Vrabel, Adam Vinatieri, Vince Wilfork, Kevin Faulk, Rodney Harrison, Julian Edelman

Oh Man, I can easily interchange order with players but both Number ones lead it off.

Pat Patriot:
1. Steve Grogan
2. Russ Francis
3. Stanley Morgan
4. Mike Haynes
5. Sam 'Bam' Cunningham

Flyin'Elvis:
1. Tom Brady
2. Ron Gronkowski
3. Adam Vinatieri
4. Troy Brown
5. Drew Bledsoe
This is difficult. Unfortunately I have negative memories of some of these guys. Mike Haynes left for the Raiders, probably correctly, but I haven't forgiven him for leaving. Sam Bam, still can't let go of his running out of bounds in the 76 Raider's playoff game. Adam, abandoned us for a dome in Indy.

Willie Mac is my number 1
Maybe Ty Law number 2
Drew Bledsoe, if only he had Tommy's field view and anticipation
Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi

thanks for the explanation, and sorry you felt it was a "diss", just have a hard time understanding how you can bledsoe on the list but not the goat
And I have explained it twice now. Brady is too good, it's like watching a machine on an assembly line. Drop back, completed pass, move the chains, win. There is no one I would rather have at QB for a game that matters and if this list was BEST patriots he is clearly far and away number one. This list was not about best it's about your own personal favorites. I am 33 so I only started watching in 96 and Bledsoe was a HUGE part of that. I loved watching him play and still find him more enjoyable to watch then Brady. Is he better then Brady? HELL NO but he is IMO more fun. That's all my list was about who I personally enjoyed watching and rooting for the most.

Top 3
Brady
Hannah
Tippett

Next 2
Moss
Bledsoe

And I have explained it twice now. Brady is too good, it's like watching a machine on an assembly line. Drop back, completed pass, move the chains, win. There is no one I would rather have at QB for a game that matters and if this list was BEST patriots he is clearly far and away number one. This list was not about best it's about your own personal favorites. I am 33 so I only started watching in 96 and Bledsoe was a HUGE part of that. I loved watching him play and still find him more enjoyable to watch then Brady. Is he better then Brady? HELL NO but he is IMO more fun. That's all my list was about who I personally enjoyed watching and rooting for the most.

The only QB who I enjoyed watching as much as Brady was Johnny Unitas.

1. Russ Francis
2. Steve Grogan
3. Jon Morris
4. Troy Brown
5. Sam Hunt

Funny story: After running down and catching Grogan's longest, hardest pass for a TD, Steamer made it back to the bench and said to Steve, "Don't...ever...do...that...again...":)

Sam Hunt, another of my favorite players to watch, just to see him as a 250 lb lb in the day where he stood out at that size.

Houston Antwine is another oldie that I loved to see play.

Gotta go to work, but somebody put up Coates' lifetime stats and Gronk's to date...?

Thanks... don't know how it'll come out but my guess is Gronk compares well after only a few years
Five is such a small number...don't see Richard Seymour getting any love...

In the Belichick years, my favorites are:

1. Brady ... by the widest of margins

2. Bruschi ... so much heart
3. Wilfork ... astounding athletic big man
4. Edelman ... crazy man
5. Slater ... poetry in motion

Honorable Mention: Malcolm Butler for the greatest clutch play in NFL history!!

Let me be specific:

Randy Vataha
Mosi Tatupi
Tiaina Baul "Junior" Seau
Michael Hoomanawanui
Sealver Siliga

Bonus: Joey Iusefa

Oh sorry, that was Pacific. My fault.

So...
TFB
John Hannah
Ted Bruschi
Steve Grogan
(Sorry Russ, Randy, and Ben...) Gronk.

Patriots w/special good or bad memories for me...

Tony Eason, who got us to our first SB, and turned out to be crap

Irving Fryar, cuz of getting his hand cut in a domestic dispute right before the SB

Sam Bam Cunningham (for good reasons)

Jim Plunkett b/c he was supposed to be the messiah and oh yeah was, in Oakland

Poor Leon Gray b/c it's all about Hannah

Stanley Steamer Morgan

Darryl Stingley, because Jack Tatum is going to hell

Drew Bledsoe for taking his best shot, then being gracious in what could have been a horrible situation, mentoring his replacement, and getting us into that last game

Andy Katzenmoyer, b/c whatever he gave to the NFL he gave to us

Robert Edwards, for that 1 great season, b/c he fought like hell to get back... somewhere, and because he was the beginning of the end for the pro bowl, which is now some weird broadcaster fantasy matchup

and the Canadian GOAT, Doug Flutie... not really, he is barely a Pat
Irving Fryar simply made tons of plays for us. In addition to the last-play winning TD in Anaheim vs. Rams in '86, earlier that year on Jan. 5th he alertly recovered the fumble after Eason finally completed a pass to a WR vs. the Raiders

Great, are you saying I am old? :(

Yeah, sometimes you forget that the 70s and 80s were a long time ago!

On a side note, I loved Earl Campbell when I was a kid and finally met him last year. He looked really old and when it was mentioned that it was over 30 years since he played, I felt my age as well!

I was old 8 years ago, am closing in being an antique, , fearing being a fossil
:)

Love watching the old school football, where the players just beat the snot out of each other

hey, if you took offense to it, I apologize not was my intent

carry on

In the Belichick years, my favorites are:

1. Brady ... by the widest of margins

2. Bruschi ... so much heart
3. Wilfork ... astounding athletic big man
4. Edelman ... crazy man
5. Slater ... poetry in motion

Honorable Mention: Malcolm Butler for the greatest clutch play in NFL history!!

Well yeah but it had a hole in it.

Johnny U. came into the NFL from sandlot f'ball.

I remember that he came out of sandlot football. There is a sad part to Unitas's story. His friends off the field took advantage of him. Anyway, that doesn't take anything away from what he did, or represents.

BTW for anybody picking Coates but not Gronk...

Coates, Career (1991-2000)

http://football-players.pointafter.com/l/3838/Ben-Coates

50 TDs, 5,555 yards (Includes 1 year with the Ravens). A lot of 5s there. 35.2 yards per game.

Gronk, 2010 to present:

Rob Gronkowski Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

65 TDs, 5,675 yards. 68.4 yards per game.

(six and a quarter seasons vs. 10 seasons... I know I know, comparing across eras, comparing Drew to TFB...But really?)
40 TDs, 5262 yards. 13.4 yards per game
220px-Gesture_raised_fist_with_thumb_and_pinky_lifted.jpg

A TIGHT END WHO HANGS REAL LOOSE

Russell Ross Francis
is

3195cfa7725775d8c3d55936f672690e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes