Willie McGinest

That's my "top five"

Last edited:
1. Tom Brady
2. Teddy Bruschi
3. Kevin Faulk
4. Julian Edelman
5. Gronk

Honestly I loved that 96 team. A big reason we were so good was because of Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn. Two amazingly talented players.

Martin is arguably the most talented patriots RB of all time. I would say easily. Watch highlights of his playoff performance vs Pittsburgh in 96, I have never seen a patriot running back that good in my entire life. Just unbelievable. Just incredible incredible vision. Maybe one day I could see talent like that again in a pats uniform at RB

Terry Glenn: in case you forgot, watch some of his patriots highlights from 96. He made some of the most amazing catches I have ever seen in traffic. He got incredible height in his vertical jump, got great separation, had great hands, and no one was better at making the impossible sideline catch than him. He caught this one 50 yard bomb in 96 it looked like he jumped 10 feet into the air. I forget who it was against. Unfortunately Brady and Glenn only played a few games together but they made it count. Glenn put up a dominant performance vs San Diego in 01. Even far past his prime, Glenn put up quite a few 1000 yard seasons with bad QBs in Dallas. Watch his highlight tape sometime in his prime, he looked like Brandon Lloyd on steroids. A rare talent.

``From a talent standpoint, Terry Glenn is as good as any receiver I've ever been around,'' - Bill Belichick 2000

Curtis Martin left the Pats after three years and then spent 8 years with the Jets. He's no more a Patriot than Mike Vrabel is a Steeler. He was fun to watch while he was here though.

Terry Glenn also had his moments here for sure.

It's too bad that Parcells wasn't already planning on taking another job and taking Martin with him during the SB.

Parcells also ended up picking up Glenn in his first year in Dallas.

None of them won squat after leaving the Pats.

Sorry to be so negative, but those two, along with Parcells, are not my favorite Pats.

Tom Brady
John Hannah
Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi
Andre Tippett

1. Tom Brady
2. Rodney Harrison
3. Troy Brown
4. Rob Gronkowski
5. Willie McGinest

Martin is arguably the most talented patriots RB of all time.

Y
Baloney! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're too young to have seen my namesake- but if so, you need to study your Patriots history before you post such a ridiculous statement. I loved Cmart but he wasn't close to Jim Nance. Nance was bigger stronger and yes faster. He played when Jim Brown, the greatest rb of all time(by far), was dominating the NFL. All you need to know is that Nance was better than JB for at least one season and maybe more. He still owns the AFL season rushing record. Nance was way more dominating than cmart.​

Curtis Martin left the Pats after three years and then spent 8 years with the Jets. He's no more a Patriot than Mike Vrabel is a Steeler. He was fun to watch while he was here though.

Terry Glenn also had his moments here for sure.

It's too bad that Parcells wasn't already planning on taking another job and taking Martin with him during the SB.

Parcells also ended up picking up Glenn in his first year in Dallas.

None of them won squat after leaving the Pats.

Sorry to be so negative, but those two, along with Parcells, are not my favorite Pats.
I think those are important points. Curtis remains deservedly loved here, and to me it's simply hard to blame him for going to the Jets for several reasons.

It's no secret what happened here with Terry; since, players around the league have the impression that you can't be "free" playing here, and even after years it kind of manifested itself with Randy Moss, for example. Some players will stay away from here, just to avoid risking losing their wrong impression of us, or specifically, Bill. Until they need a job and they tow the line, like Revis or Wayne, and then revert right back to being stupid once they leave.

Players aren't signed because they're intelligent, or psychologists.

Parcells has obviously always been a tough guy, for better or worse, and it's endeared him to his players and added up to great success. Orthwein brought him here (similarly to Belichick, mostly because he wanted to come here) without asking his opinion on the logo, for example...but as we all know it did not work out with Kraft. Not the first time something like that's happened in pro sports by a long shot, and not the last.

The more we open up our eyes to see Kraft for what he's been, not what he might remotely possibly be, the easier it is to appreciate Parcells, who had two stints here, and was well liked by players and fellow coaches, and after all, left the Giants right after his last game there, too.

Y
Baloney! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're too young to have seen my namesake- but if so, you need to study your Patriots history before you post such a ridiculous statement. I loved Cmart but he wasn't close to Jim Nance. Nance was bigger stronger and yes faster. He played when Jim Brown, the greatest rb of all time(by far), was dominating the NFL. All you need to know is that Nance was better than JB for at least one season and maybe more. He still owns the AFL season rushing record. Nance was way more dominating than cmart.​
Nance is #1 obviously. Corey is #2. Sam Bam is #3.

Let's face it, we've had some super RB's here. Smith and Blount are underrated. Corky Calhoun and Mack Herron are on the list. Craig James and Tony Collins, and when you're talking about most talented, young healthy John Stephens was a freight train. Between Stephens and frankly a top defense, had Berry simply stuck with Flutie at the end in'88 I believe we would have faced the Niners in the Super Bowl instead of the Bengals. One of the incredibly stupidest moves in history. In terms of talent, experience (yup the USFL and CFL count), leadership, awareness, poise and intelligence, Flutie (and Grogan) were so superior to Eason it is not funny. It was like starting Marc Wilson over a healthy and active Jim Plunkett.

Nance is #1 obviously. Corey is #2. Sam Bam is #3.

Let's face it, we've had some super RB's here. Smith and Blount are underrated. Corky Calhoun and Mack Herron are on the list. Craig James and Tony Collins, and when you're talking about most talented, young healthy John Stephens was a freight train. Between Stephens and frankly a top defense, had Berry simply stuck with Flutie at the end in'88 I believe we would have faced the Niners in the Super Bowl instead of the Bengals. One of the incredibly stupidest moves in history. In terms of talent, experience (yup the USFL and CFL count), leadership, awareness, poise and intelligence, Flutie (and Grogan) were so superior to Eason it is not funny. It was like starting Marc Wilson over a healthy and active Jim Plunkett.
Yep. I agree with your top 3.And don't forget Edwards b4 that tragic injury. Young dude had great potential. Minimack was still the most fun_-to-watch rb, with a healthy Dion lewis 2nd.

This is difficult. Unfortunately I have negative memories of some of these guys. Mike Haynes left for the Raiders, probably correctly, but I haven't forgiven him for leaving. Sam Bam, still can't let go of his running out of bounds in the 76 Raider's playoff game. Adam, abandoned us for a dome in Indy.

Willie Mac is my number 1
Maybe Ty Law number 2
Drew Bledsoe, if only he had Tommy's field view and anticipation
Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi
This may sound familiar, but Billy Sullivan didn't pay.

What was going on in '76, was that a vastly superior team was outplaying their clearly inferior opponent, and the officials were doing whatever they had to to ensure the result.

Adam didn't do anything. He said, he would have accepted being franchised. Bill plain and simple, cut him loose.

I hope someday, you can accept it. Because, we're people first, and players second.

Mind if we dance with yo dates?
John Landis had to do several takes to get the dude to say "Do you mind if we dance wif yo' dates?"

"It's funnier! It's funnier!"

Meanwhile, Tim Matheson was thinking, "...We are all going to burn in Hell for this...":)
th

1. Ras-I Dowling
2. Bethel Johnson
3. Chad Jackson
4. Dominique Easley
5. Aaron Dobson

Real list... Brady, Law, Harrison, Light, Gronk

Tom Brady
Troy Brown
Rob Gronkowski
Willie McGinest
Drew Bledsoe

Honorable mention: Kevin Faulk, Julian Edelman, Wes Welker, Deion Branch, Tedy Bruschi and Danny Woodhead

1. "Late to the play" Willie Clay
2. Nick Kaczur
3. Jake Ingram
4. Michael Buchanan
5. Ken Walter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore