PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your top 5 favorite Patiots of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I loved that 96 team. A big reason we were so good was because of Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn. Two amazingly talented players.

Martin is arguably the most talented patriots RB of all time. I would say easily. Watch highlights of his playoff performance vs Pittsburgh in 96, I have never seen a patriot running back that good in my entire life. Just unbelievable. Just incredible incredible vision. Maybe one day I could see talent like that again in a pats uniform at RB

Terry Glenn: in case you forgot, watch some of his patriots highlights from 96. He made some of the most amazing catches I have ever seen in traffic. He got incredible height in his vertical jump, got great separation, had great hands, and no one was better at making the impossible sideline catch than him. He caught this one 50 yard bomb in 96 it looked like he jumped 10 feet into the air. I forget who it was against. Unfortunately Brady and Glenn only played a few games together but they made it count. Glenn put up a dominant performance vs San Diego in 01. Even far past his prime, Glenn put up quite a few 1000 yard seasons with bad QBs in Dallas. Watch his highlight tape sometime in his prime, he looked like Brandon Lloyd on steroids. A rare talent.

``From a talent standpoint, Terry Glenn is as good as any receiver I've ever been around,'' - Bill Belichick 2000
The '96 team was talented, young, and healthy. They belonged in the Super Bowl, but weren't quite good enough to knock off the Pack. It was a fantastic experience though, especially for those guys who would return to the SuperDome later in '02.

Curtis Martin is so underrated on this forum...my goodness. Look at his numbers. Just look at them. Then watch him make people miss on film, enough said.

Curtis Martin is so underrated on this forum...my goodness. Look at his numbers. Just look at them. Then watch him make people miss on film, enough said.
Curtis was really special
th
and we still love him
th

There's no shame at all in not being quite as good as the few here who were better than him

I agree Cmart was a great rb. Great. I watched his entire Pats career. Vision, toughness, moves, durability etc. But also saw all of Nance's, sambam and Dillon. Did you? They were all better pats rbs than Curtis. Not a knock on martin. Loved the dude. There have been some great rbs in this franchise.

1. Brady
2. Brushi
3. Law
4. Harrison
5. Bledsoe

Honorable:

Vrabel
Matt Light

I'm sure we've done this before, but I think it would be fun to do it again.

1 )Tom Brady
2) Tom Brady
3)Dom Trady
4) Tom Brady
5) Brady Tomeson

All joking asde,

1) Tom Brady
2) Tedy Bruschi
3) Rob Gronkowski
4) Steve Grogan
5) Steve Nelson

Willie Mac, Russ Francis, Rodney Harrison just miss the cut on my top 5, but definitely in my top 10.
Tom Brady
Mike Haynes
Steve Grogan
Andre Tippett
Gronk

Raymond Clayborn and Steve Grogan were to two of my favorites during the 84-90 era.

Tom Brady
Richard Seymour
Rob Gronkowski
Randy Moss
Rodney Harrison

Rodney, Tedy, Stanley, Willie, Hannah and Goodell the **** (oops!) :eek:o_O

Nance was better than JB for at least one season and maybe more. He still owns the AFL season rushing record. Nance was way more dominating than cmart.
Well, given that there's been no AFL for 46 years it's not very hard for him to continue to own that record.

So many choices, hard to pick 5! Without any thought I have Tom Brady and Troy Brown on the top of my list.

Others who could make the cut: Drew Bledsoe, Ty Law, Tedi Bruschi, Steve Grogan, Ben Coates, Mosi Tatupu, Gronk, Wes Welker, Big Vince, Mike Vrabel. My choices are all guys I just love/loved to watch!

If we played this game a few years ago I bet Welker would be on about half of theses lists.

Mine has seven:
1. TB
2. JE11
3. Tedy
4. Gronk
5. Vince
6. The other TB
7. Faulk

He was great. However, the way he left town and went to a heated rival is obviously reflected on how "favorite" Curtis Martin will ever be as a Pats player. I cannot attach "favorite" to a player who left me heartbroken for a time. I understand it's a business and he did what was best for himself and his family. I don't question that. When I think of CM, though, I think of him riding that dirty rat Parcells' coattails down the Mass Pike, Rte. 84 and across the NY border to the Jets...

Well, given that there's been no AFL for 46 years it's not very hard for him to continue to own that record.
Damn right. thats one record that will never be broken

i just cant do it. I go back to 1961. too many "favorite" players. The "best" 5 would be a lot easier-obviously you start with brady,hannah and haynes. gotta add gronk. the 5th best would be tough to choose. but "favorite"? cant do it. would be a 1st place tie with about 15 guys. guess the dark days werent really all that dark.(except for that late80s-early 90's horror show).

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes