PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB faces the most pressure to be successful in 2008?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QB will have the most pressure to succeed in 2008?

• Brett Favre

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • Tarvaris Jackson

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Trent Edwards

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Chad Pennington

• David Gerrard

• Alex Smith

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Jason Campbell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Other QB (mention who)

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which of the following QBs has the most pressure on him to have a great season or be scrutinized more than the others?

No, Tom Brady is not an option ;)

Aaron Rodgers easily.

Which of the following QBs has the most pressure on him to have a great season or be scrutinized more than the others?

No, Tom Brady is not an option ;)

The answer is probably A. Rogers, but with all the hype that's going surround Lord Farve, he's the clear favorite.

If the Packers don't make the playoffs, I wouldn't want to be Aaron Rodgers. The Jets were bad before Favre got there, If they better themselves by one more game this year, he is an upgrade.

Last edited:
I would say Romo by far. Rodgers and Farve are both doing a first, Romo is in place with much better players around him. After watching Hard Knocks, the Cowboys treat Romo like he is a 5 time Super Bowl champ.

I would say Romo by far. Rodgers and Farve are both doing a first, Romo is in place with much better players around him. After watching Hard Knocks, the Cowboys treat Romo like he is a 5 time Super Bowl champ.

He treats himself like he is one too. I have never seen anyone get the girls, the money and the fame and blow it every time they make the playoffs.

I can make a case for all these guys - While Aaron Rodgers does have some pressure I think he should have 1 full season under his belt to truly judge him because when you think of it,Aaron is not much more than a rookie at this point.

I went with Tarvaris since I think Minnesota is stacked with talent of both sides of the ball and should go deep into the playoffs - IF...and its a big if Tarvaris can prove doubters wrong

Chad has the eyes of Parcells breathing down his back

Edwards is just a shade better than Losman right now

Favre is expected by some fantasyland fans to take the Jets to the playoffs

Garrard is now THE GUY after Leftwich goes and will be seen if it was the right move

Alex Smith is far from sewing up the starting QB job in SF

Romo has a potential SB team if he can make it thru the playoffs without screwing it up again

So you can make a case for all these guys - Not as easy as it looks IMO

(even Leinart was an option I left out because Warner has actually played better but Warner could retire this year so Leinart will have no real pressure when he is most likely to be far and away #1 QB by the end of the season)

Last edited:
He treats himself like he is one too. I have never seen anyone get the girls, the money and the fame and blow it every time they make the playoffs.

I think if Leinart can get the Cards to the playoffs the girls will be flocking to him more than just in the hot tub

I can make a case for all these guys - While Aaron Rodgers does have some pressure I think he should have 1 full season under his belt to truly judge him because when you think of it,Aaron is not much more than a rookie at this point.

I went with Tarvaris since I think Minnesota is stacked with talent of both sides of the ball and should go deep into the playoffs - IF...and its a big if Tarvaris can prove doubters wrong

Chad has the eyes of Parcells breathing doen his back

Edwards is just a shade better than Losman right now

Favre is expected by some fantasyland fans to take the Jets to the playoffs

Garrard is now THE GUY after Leftwich goes and will be seen if it was the right move

Alex Smith is far from sewing up the starting QB job in SF

Romo has a potential SB team if he can make it thru the playoffs without screwing it up again

So you can make a case for all these guys - Not as easy as it looks IMO

I am basing my choice of Aaron Rodgers on the fact that the media will kill him more than anyone if he doesn't deliver this year, regardless of the fact that he hasn't even started a single real game yet. But you are right, all of them have an equal amount of real pressure to perform

Garrard has already made it blatantly clear that he is better than Leftwich.

I think if Leinart can get the Cards to the playoffs the girls will be flocking to him more than just in the hot tub

Probably... but don't forget Dallas is "America's Team" so that makes Romo America's sweetheart QB... Why didn't Quincy Carter get so much love?

I think if Leinart could have been QB for USC for the next 10 years he would have never left school for the NFL. Dude needs to grow up and act like an NFL QB.

The reason why I think it is Romo by far.
1) 13-3 team
2) Had home field throughout playoffs
3) Lost to a team inside the their own division in playoffs
4) Have not won a playoff game in for ever.

Last edited:
I DIDN'T pick Farve or Romo because the sports media is SO in love with these guys that they're not under the kind of pressure that an Aaron Rogers is, thrust into the limelight without a cadre of rump swabs ballwashing him in the media.

I picked Rodgers, since the question asks who does, not who should.

Last edited:
Rodgers by far. New QB, new face of the franchise, no Favre, and so on. Romo played good last year, the pressure to win a playoff game is on the whole team.

The Brett fans want to see Rodgers fail but the whole league is waiting to see Brett fail

Should be Romo since he's overrated and has not delivered/been immature when it counted.

I think Rodgers is a saint to put up with the bullcrap from drama queen Favre and keep his mouth shut and deliver when it counts. I almost hope the cheesehead Favre ball washing society runs him out of town, he lands on a team in their division and kicks their butt twice a year.

If you want to see the myth of the super year Favre had compiling stats under gawd knows what conditions, check the box score of a "must see game of the year" Green Bay against Dallas last year (NFL.com).

The only thing keeping Rodgers from winning that game was the hole Favre left him in.

Favre, without a doubt. The soap opera that went on between him and the Packers, the media can't wait to see what happens in NY and scrutinize every single thing. All eyes are on Favre and nobody else will even come close to the focus he'll get. Plus he's expected to propel the Jets into challengers.

From a players perspective it's Aaron Rodgers. Don't even have to say why. He should be confident though, he looked tidy when I saw him last season and the more reasoned of people will give him time anyway since he's still pretty green. No, not the colour of his shirt...

Aaron Rodgers easily.

That depends on how Favre does... if Favre sucks and Rodgers sucks what's the loss for Green Bay? Nothing. In fact they find out a year sooner that Rodgers is not the QB of the future. That's a positive.

If Favre is good and Rodgers is bad its a different story - but it all comes down to how Favre does.

You spelled Gerrard wrong. It's "Garrard". ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday