PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where is the love for Brandon Spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely crushed a helpless offensive player in the backfield yesterday. Cant remember the play in the haze of that insane beatdown but just remember him running right through the line untouched and pummeling someone(one of the backs covering blitz I think).

Love to see the Spikes shuffle too! Keep on dancin!

Absolutely crushed a helpless offensive player in the backfield yesterday. Cant remember the play in the haze of that insane beatdown but just remember him running right through the line untouched and pummeling someone(one of the backs covering blitz I think).

Love to see the Spikes shuffle too! Keep on dancin!

I think that was on the goal line stand.

I think that was on the goal line stand.

Nah there was another time. Impressive on that goal line stand though. Awesome stop.

Actually if you watched that goal-line stand carefully you would see "my-man" Spike standup and stop Nick Mangold. Stopped him dead in his tracks even though Mangold must be 60 pounds heavier.

Spikes is a Beast. The national media has not caught on but I am sure that running backs are very very aware of the danger...

Didn't Spike cause another fumble yesterday? [I missed part of the game while driving back form the inlaws but it was mentioned on the radio]

Didn't Spike cause another fumble yesterday? [I missed part of the game while driving back form the inlaws but it was mentioned on the radio]

Yep. Was on one of the fourth down stops but yeah that sure as sheet was another forced fumble.

Keep on dancin Brandon!

Spikes is having a great year so far. Jets had him down cold yesterday though with the snap count.

Actually if you watched that goal-line stand carefully you would see "my-man" Spike standup and stop Nick Mangold. Stopped him dead in his tracks even though Mangold must be 60 pounds heavier.

Spikes is a Beast. The national media has not caught on but I am sure that running backs are very very aware of the danger...

Saw that play where Spikes manhandled and knocked Mangold on his arse.
We need to resign this guy yesterday.

Saw that play where Spikes manhandled and knocked Mangold on his arse.
We need to resign this guy yesterday.

Was that when he smacked the sheet out of Sanchez on the goal line? All his hits get jumbled up because he makes so many of them.

Spikes has made, to my memory (perhaps chemically influenced) at least three game changing plays, two of which happened in losses where unfortunately the offense didn't take advantage.... The Arizona FF in the 4th quarter comes to mind but I can't remember the others...

Spikes has made, to my memory (perhaps chemically influenced) at least three game changing plays, two of which happened in losses where unfortunately the offense didn't take advantage.... The Arizona FF in the 4th quarter comes to mind but I can't remember the others...

Fred Jackson fumble just before HT @ Buf
McGahee forced fumble (I believe that was Spikes?)

The official guide to remembering who forced a fumble on the NE Patriots

Was a fumble caused? Yes or no.

If yes, was an opposing player plastered to the ground?

If yes, Spikes. If no, Ninkovich.

The official guide to remembering who forced a fumble on the NE Patriots

Was a fumble caused? Yes or no.

If yes, was an opposing player plastered to the ground?

If yes, Spikes. If no, Ninkovich.

Mr. Sandman bring me a dream.

Excited what he's bringing!

Last edited:
Was that when he smacked the sheet out of Sanchez on the goal line? All his hits get jumbled up because he makes so many of them.

Ah yes I saw that. It looks like Sanchez got clipped by a garbage truck.

Remember a few years back when we were looking for someone on defense with an attitude to set the tone? To play with some fire? We lamented when we lost Merriweather because he seemed to at least have a touch of it.

Well, it looks like that player that we needed has came in the form of Spikes.

Remember a few years back when we were looking for someone on defense with an attitude to set the tone? To play with some fire? We lamented when we lost Merriweather because he seemed to at least have a touch of it.

Merri taunted players after being beat for 20 yards, etc. Not the same kind of attitude as Spikes.

It may be in the best interest of the team to try and sign him to an extension before next season starts, at least in my opinion.

While it isn't exactly top priority right now, another season of play like this in 2013 could potentially price him too high for mutual interest here.

It'd be great to see it done during the offseason, maybe in the summer; but at the very least prior to the season starting.

Chung doesn't seem to be much of an interest at this point like many thought, so really it's (in order of priority and expense):

1.Welker
2.Vollmer
3.Edelman (coming in much lower obviously, but I still think we need to re-sign him regardless)

4.Thomas could replace Edelman as the 3rd priority if the team sees fit

After the Welker/Vollmer decisions or deals, they may start to look at Spikes' deal depending upon what specific free agents the team targets and signs.

Can't be... he was definately a reach at the end of the 2nd all the draft gurus told me so.

Yeah, those are the other two.

He's had some monster hits, including the one that pretty much sent Greene out for the Jets game and he has the potential to cause a fumble on nearly every running play.
smile.jpg

sad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results