Where does the Gronk catch rank to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Where's the Gronk catch rank to you as far as the best catch you've ever seen? I've had the Randy Moss catch vs the Bengals (at 1:12) as the greatest catch I've ever seen but, I think Gronk has topped that. What say you?

the gronk catch was pretty incredible. not a typical one handed catch as gronk had to turn rotate, and then reach and secure it with one hand and pull it back down, as opposed to just simply catching it in stride.

I'd also have to include Randy Moss's first two TDs in Miami in 2007. Those were nuts, too.

This one for me

I'd have to say Troy Brown's third-down catch while he was on his back.

I've seen many catches better than this Gronk one. But when it comes to just Patriot catches, no one, for me anyway, tops the one handed Moss catch over Revis. Moss doesn't even bother to bring the ball into his body afterward. His hand had something stronger than super glue on it because the ball didn't move whatsoever once it made contact.

The most unbelievable catch I've ever seen is one that I will never EVER watch again.

I've seen many catches better than this Gronk one. But when it comes to just Patriot catches, no one, for me anyway, tops the one handed Moss catch over Revis. Moss doesn't even bother to bring the ball into his body afterward. His hand had something stronger than super glue on it because the ball didn't move whatsoever once it made contact.
Many?? He was air-born and twisted reaching back behind his head with one hand. I watch football every chance I get, all the pats games plus virtually every Thurs, Sunday Night and Monday Night game, College, NXFL, whatever. If it's football and I'm home I'm generally watching it and I might be able to come up with 3 that are in the conversation if I tried really hard. The Moss one wasn't as impressive by any stretch, it was a perfectly thrown ball, he didn't have to adjust at all. Just because he didn't bring it back to his body doesn't mean anything. Don't get me wrong, still a great catch, but Gronk was better.

Previous best catch ever was with the ball thrown slightly behind him, just as with the Gronk catch, Welker reached back making the clutch catch cementing our 2011 season Super Bowl victory! Oh, wait...

Previous best catch ever was with the ball thrown slightly behind him, just as with the Gronk catch, Welker reached back making the clutch catch cementing our 2011 season Super Bowl victory! Oh, wait...

Nahhhh the helmet catch was better.

Dobson's college catch was better than this Gronk catch. Basically the same thing except Dobson was facing away from the quarterback instead of towards the quarterback.

his best catch by far...but i still like this one better..i think:

gal_jets_patriots07.jpg

Gronks catch is FAR superior to the Moss one hander.

I agree. The Moss one hander doesn't even register on my list.

Gronks catch is FAR superior to the Moss one hander.

Agreed. Gronk got hit before he even secured the ball. Surprised nobody has brought that up. That's what makes it so impressive to me.

The one Moss caught against Miami where he caught it with the crook of his arm and didn't even use his hands while he was being interfered with in double coverage. Poor video quality, but...check it out starting at 1.02 in this video.

The one Moss caught against Miami where he caught it with the crook of his arm and didn't even use his hands while he was being interfered with in double coverage. Poor video quality, but...check it out starting at 1.02 in this video.

I've seen better catches, but that is the apex of dominance I've witnessed on a football field. Double coverage and both DBs end up on the ground (one blowing out his ACL) while Moss snags it and hands it to the ref in the most casual fashion.

Just mind blowing how good he was that year, and that game specifically.

Last edited:
Semi-OT. Did you see the Gronk/Andy Hart locker room interview from Wednesday (I think)? Andy asked him what he was going to do during the bye week, and you could tell he meant recreationally. Gronk basically said "get treatment, heal up, hit the weight room and study". I hope this is true and indicates a mentality shift in Gronk, I'm all for him enjoying himself and cutting lose a little, but if he were to really put football above all else just imagine how dominant he could be!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back