PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where are the MOD's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know where the MOD's are but this site is getting rediculous. When you come here and the whole first page is about Stallworth, something has to be done. It seems the MOD's were more interested in arguing with NEM than anything else. Ian has to find people that are more dedicated to this site, who are here often, and that care. The MOD's here right now are the worst i ever seen on any message board. This board needs to become more reader friendly, and it wont unless Ian takes a stand and puts in new MOD's.

jeez, everybody wants to be the boss, kinda like uncle junior. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

You gotta balance board flow with people's rights to their opinion. Yeah, I'm sick of the Stallworth threads too.

But you'd have me merge a thread wishing to compare Randy Moss and Stallworth - into a thread about Stallworth being made an offer? The poster that started that thread felt the discussion was deserving of it's own thread... I checked my email and I didn't get one single reported post on it, so I assume you all agreed with him that it was worthy of conversation on it's own. Personally, I just chose to ignore it because I don't want either one of them on this team. ;)

By the way, some merges are hard to spot. Some mods leave redirects, some don't, some change the thread title to reflect a merge, some do not. I assure you, some Stallworth threads have been merged, when they're about the same thing... i.e. the "offer" the Pats made to him. But just because the thread is ABOUT Stallworth doesn't mean it all belongs in one giant thread.

Again.... if you disagree, hit that "report a post" button. We appreciate the heads up, and it's always easier to merge a new thread into an old one as opposed to merging two giant threads with their own conversations into one. So report the post, and report it early. :)

report-it.gif

That being said, I don't disagree that the football forum might be able to use another mod or two, I have no idea how Ian feels about it though, so I'm certainly not speaking for him here.

Can you wipe my ass too?

:D

Mods are doing a fine job. I don't want to have one thread for each player. Combine like topics on the same player if needed, but this is a hot time for discussion and there will be a lot of ways to hit each topic. I don't want one 800-post topic on any player.

Once a topic hits about 50 to 100 posts, it is off topic, anyway, and time to start a new thread on the same topic.

Chill and enjoy the site that was made for you to use, or if you don't like the way the owner runs this one, go out and make a site of your own. Let us know the URL.

I dont know where the MOD's are but this site is getting rediculous. When you come here and the whole first page is about Stallworth, something has to be done. It seems the MOD's were more interested in arguing with NEM than anything else. Ian has to find people that are more dedicated to this site, who are here often, and that care. The MOD's here right now are the worst i ever seen on any message board. This board needs to become more reader friendly, and it wont unless Ian takes a stand and puts in new MOD's.

jeez, everybody wants to be the boss, kinda like uncle junior. If you don't like it go somewhere else.

You have got to be the biggest idiot going. The purpose of MOD's is to keep a board reader friendly.I love this site, and love my Pats. I shouldnt have to go some place else. I dont think there is anything wrong with trying to keep this board clean.

You have got to be the biggest idiot going. The purpose of MOD's is to keep a board reader friendly.I love this site, and love my Pats. I shouldnt have to go some place else. I dont think there is anything wrong with trying to keep this board clean.

You took some undeserved shots (IMO) at the Mods, now you get one back.

I think the purpose of moderators is to edit/remove posts that others may take exception to or offense at. I don't know if multiple Stallworth threads qualifies, but I'll check the TOS.

I think the responsibility should be left mostly to the individual poster to only start a new thread if truly necessary, and especially if it's new take a quick to look to make sure it hasn't already been posted.

Ideally the best boards are the ones with minimally moderator interference, but that would require each member to take a little more responsibility for themselves to make sure the quality of the board is upheld.

But I'm not going to blame the mods for the actions of a few silly posters.

I think the responsibility should be left mostly to the individual poster to only start a new thread if truly necessary, and especially if it's new take a quick to look to make sure it hasn't already been posted.

Ideally the best boards are the ones with minimally moderator interference, but that would require each member to take a little more responsibility for themselves to make sure the quality of the board is upheld.

But I'm not going to blame the mods for the actions of a few silly posters.

I agree. You're right the poster does have something to do with it. I only made this thread because the posters obviously arent doing that.

You're right, there are several Stallworth threads up on the board. We had merged several Stallworth threads last night and this morning already.

At any given time there are several threads up about the same person be it Brady, Branch, Caldwell or our plagiarist friend.

As of now, there are 6 Stallworth threads on the first page. They concern the same person, but the difference is they are about a different POINT.

1) The Stallworth Love
2) Moss vs. Stallworth
3) All Right No Stallworth, Who's Next?
4) Stallworth Taking a Dump Tonight (Keegs humor)
5) Stallworth Will Sign Here
6) Pats Make Offer to Stallworth

As I read those threads, the feeling I had were that, even though they all talked about Stallworth, they made different and distinct points. Just as there were several Ron Forges threads the past few days, the ones that got merged (in fact one that I started and merged later when rightfully pointed out to me by MoLewisRocks) were ones whose POINTS were redundant.

As I noted, we can easily have 5 or more Brady threads at the same time talking about different points, but with the same protagonist.

We try to do this with as light a touch as possible, respecting that everyone should be able to express themselves as long as they respect others here.

In the meantime, the best way to call things to our attention even if we aren't on Patsfans.com at the moment is to hit that triangle. FYI, that automatically goes into our personal e-mail accounts - - that way we can't even miss it.

Immoderate modern moderators modeling mind-numbing moderation magnificently.

Immoderate modern moderators modeling mind-numbing moderation magnificently.

I knew you were ingesting something to be able to post with such acumen and pace.

I knew you were ingesting something to be able to post with such acumen and pace.
Petulant posters peeing promiscuously, pooh-pooh perennial powerhouse Patriots' proficiency.

Petulant posters peeing promiscuously, pooh-pooh perennial powerhouse Patriots' proficiency.

Sometimes you make my brain hurt!

I can't tell if I am just to stupid to understand (some of) what you write or if I am just not stupid enough?

Ah, the great mysteries of life!

:D :D

Sometimes you make my brain hurt!

I can't tell if I am just to stupid to understand (some of) what you write or if I am just not stupid enough?

Ah, the great mysteries of life!

:D :D
:singing: "Go ask Alice, when she's ten foot small." :singing:

T-Shirt, Shmessy, Nut, or anyone else-

Would it be alright for me to use the 'report post' button to request a merge? I know it says "for harassment, spam, and fighting only," but I'm sick of getting flamed for posting a merge link in a thread.

In the (too many) hours I've been on the board in the past few days, there's been AT LEAST 15 or 20 different duplicate threads which grew just to large, as T-Shirt notes, to merge the conversation, even after I posted a merge link.

Also, would it be possible for Ian to remove NEM's name from the members list? I think BBFan deserves her rightful spot as the #1 poster (in terms of post count) on the board. NEM was off that list right after he was banned, but has since found his way back on. Since he won't be coming back any time soon, would it be possible for his name to again be taken off?

Finally, I know Ian wanted to restore the September 2004-to-December 2005 archives that were lost in the old server change. Is there any update on that? There's a few posts I wanted to check out from that era. And, I also wanted to know if the search table had been fixed so it includes some period of time (I've forgotten) that was lost in the more recent server change.

Finally (again), are the Zoints profiles down for good?

Thanks.

Last edited:
T-Shirt, Shmessy, Nut, or anyone else-

Would it be alright for me to use the 'report post' button to request a merge? I know it says "for harassment, spam, and fighting only," but I'm sick of getting flamed for posting a merge link in a thread.

In the (too many) hours I've been on the board in the past few days, there's been AT LEAST 15 or 20 different duplicate threads which grew just to large, as T-Shirt notes, to merge the conversation, even after I posted a merge link.

Also, would it be possible for Ian to remove NEM's name from the members list? I think BBFan deserves her rightful spot as the #1 poster (in terms of post count) on the board. NEM was off that list right after he was banned, but has soon found his way back on. Since he won't be coming back any time soon, would it be possible for his name to again be taken off?

Thanks.

I'm in agreement with Pats1.

:singing: "Sitting on a park bench..." :eek:

I'll get the classic rock references all day.

The last two lines have helped to make me feel better. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back