PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where are "Feel the Pain" and "Aquavelva"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culpepper Overrated...OL horrible...Secondary bad...

...can't think of any PatsFans who predicted that...

...nope...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The real funny thing about the phins is, alot of them think Harrington is an answer. I cant wait for him to take over the starting job. They better try and pry either Volek or Schaub.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I am also very unimpressed with the Pats so far.

Yeah, the the 0-2 team which was downright putrid this week looks so much more impressive than the 2-0 Pats. *rolls eyes*

feelthepain said:
The Fins are having issues right now, I can't explain it, we'll see where things stand at the end.
The thing you have to do is stop looking at every aspect of the team with the rosiest glasses you can find. That is just not realistic and can only lead to puzzlement and disappointment.

You have to look at each element of the team in terms of possible plusses and minuses - strengths and weaknesses. I am certainly not very familiar with the Dophins, but maybe here are a couple of those things:

How can you look at Culpepper as this certain super QB ? Yes he has had some great stretches. But he has also had some very very poor stretches. Why would you just think that the great Culpepper is the only one you will get ? Not very realistic. Not only that, but almost everyone has questions about just how much the unique capability of Randy Moss contributed to the great stretches. You folks don't have a Randy Moss. One example came on the interception that Culpepper threw. And there are examples of the same thing in his last games with Minnesota. With Moss he could throw jump balls and Moss would come down with them more often than not. When Moss left, those same jump balls turned into interceptions - sound familiar at this point ?

Ronnie Brown has looked better than I had expected. That is really a plus for you folks. But you have to, at the same time, consider that teams will now have more film on Brown as the main RB and may begin to find keys on how he runs that will let defenses cut down his yard per carry average - or they may not, but you can't just assume the best. Also, he now has to carry essentially the whole main RB effort. It's still unknown how he will hold up in a full season of that. Not only that, but if Saban has to use the running game more if Culpepper is problematic, that increases the load on Brown.

I guess it's a fact that your secondary is getting older. So you can't just assume that it won't have an effect this year - especially later on.

Like it or not, Saban is just a second year NFL head coach. You can't assume that, even if he will be a super-coach, that he will win a lot of games in his second year. What other NFL first time head coach was able to do that in his second year ? I don't know the answer to that one way or another, but my guess is you might not find even one.

Injuries are a fact of life in the NFL to everyone's dismay. So how deep are various positions in terms of back-ups? Here's hoping that you and all other teams don't have to get into that situation.

You can continue the exercise. It's not as much fun to be realistic - in fact it's nerve racking. If in doubt about that, this board should give you plentiful clues. But if you want to be prepared for what may come of the season, it's a lot better to depend on realism than the media pundits who are looking for a new darling - they are rarely correct which should by itself give you pause for thought.

cheers

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You're right for the most part. If we don't head into the bye at least 4-3, we are in trouble. But a season isn't over until it's over. (See last year's Steelers.)

I also don't see us going just 1-5 in the division. I don't the Bills sweep us and also don't think the Pats will either. It's still way to early to call us dead or predict a 6-10 season. For what it's worht, here's mine.

Tennesee - W
@ Houston - W
@ NE - W
@ NYJ - W
GB - W
bye (3-4)
@Chi - L
KC - W
Min - L
@ Det - W
JAX - L
NE - W
@ Buff - W
NYJ - W
@ Indy - Like you said, depends on where they are.

It's almost impossible to predict single games so I will just stick with a nice round number. My pick was initially 11-5, but I had us sweeping Buffalo, so now it's 10-6. That might be good enough in the AFC East.
There is just no point in discussing anything with you. No matter what happens to prove you dead wrong, you are certain that the future is different. Right up until the Dolphins have lost their 7th game, we'll be hearing how the they are going to win all the rest of their games. After that we'll hear how the Dolphins are going to be a wildcard and still win the superbowl. After they are eliminated, all we will hear about for the next 9 months is how the Dolphins are going to win the superbowl the next year.

See - we already know what you're going to say, so why don't you just go away and spare us the posts ??

p.s. Your stupid WL prediction is more than just stupid - it's moronic. Your comments are meaningless. Spare us. Go away.

Yup, the bloom is off the rose.

On FSR's drive time program, both hosts and guests were savaging Miami. Hey, do you know Culpepper is 3-7 without Moss ? That he has 13 INTs and only 7 TDs in that time ? That he has fumbled 7 times ?

You would think that these media jokers had just discovered cold fusion.

Of course, they conveniently forget that just a short nine days ago, they had picked Miami to win the Division.

R

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
First off, my screen name is Aqua4Ever04. I don't know what sensation it gives you to butcher my name, but whatever.

As for the division race. By no means is this thing over, at all. The next 3 games could totally flip the script for the Dolphins. If they can beat two teams that they should, they will have gained some confidence and then be ready to challenge the Pats. Sunday was an aboration of this team. They flat out stunk and anyone who won't admit it, is kidding themselves. Winning streaks are not impossible and Miami has a weak schedule all the way till the bye week. Come the bye week, I'll be able to tell you EXACTLLY where the division stands.

Brilliant Water Boy, just brilliant. By the Bye week we'll ALL have more hard data. DUH!!! Why not post "Sun to rise tomorrow!" Unbelieveable!

Of course the Flippers will feast on the really weak teams they face next. That's precisely why so many lame brained mediots got wood over the Finz prospects this season, the cupcake schedule. However, the mediots are programmed to 'forget' that the dominant Patriots are in the same division. Double DUH! I guess somebody just born yesterday is susceptible to this perennial BS.

Sunday was NOT an abberation. The Bills have a fine D and kicked the snot out of your girly man offense. Get used to it. Have fun with the Bills on their home turf later this season when their new coach gets his act together. .

Aqua4Ever04 said:
You're right for the most part. If we don't head into the bye at least 4-3, we are in trouble. But a season isn't over until it's over. (See last year's Steelers.)

I also don't see us going just 1-5 in the division. I don't the Bills sweep us and also don't think the Pats will either. It's still way to early to call us dead or predict a 6-10 season. For what it's worht, here's mine.

Tennesee - W
@ Houston - W
@ NE - W
@ NYJ - W
GB - W
bye (3-4)
@Chi - L
KC - W
Min - L
@ Det - W
JAX - L
NE - W
@ Buff - W
NYJ - W
@ Indy - Like you said, depends on where they are.

It's almost impossible to predict single games so I will just stick with a nice round number. My pick was initially 11-5, but I had us sweeping Buffalo, so now it's 10-6. That might be good enough in the AFC East.

No way in hell the Dolphins go into Buffalo in December and win. The Dolphins may take both Jets games and that puts them at 2-4 and maybe just maybe they pull out a win over New England in Miami but that is your only hope at going 500 in the division. But I still think the Phins and Jets tie for last place in the division a 6-10.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
Yeah, the the 0-2 team which was downright putrid this week looks so much more impressive than the 2-0 Pats. *rolls eyes*

Did I ever say the Fins looked better? No, I didn't. Why don't you actully try reading.

Didn't you guys start 0-2 in 2001? Just saying, the season is far from over. No need for all of you to get your panties in a bunch.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Did I ever say the Fins looked better? No, I didn't. Why don't you actully try reading.

Didn't you guys start 0-2 in 2001? Just saying, the season is far from over. No need for all of you to get your panties in a bunch.

Hello!!! Not all starting 0-2 teams are alike. Look it up WaterBoy.
So, who is your SuperBowl MVP who's gonna save your season????

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Didn't you guys start 0-2 in 2001? Just saying, the season is far from over.
Yes, and that's when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over. Somehow I don't think the circumstances are similar, except that Culpepper could most definitely be your Bledsoe, but Harrington is definitely not your Brady.

It's completely laughable that you think the 'fins are going to sweep us this year. You clearly have not been paying attention.

jaychamp said:
Yes, and that's when Bledsoe got hurt and Brady took over. Somehow I don't think the circumstances are similar, except that Culpepper could most definitely be your Bledsoe, but Harrington is definitely not your Brady.

It's completely laughable that you think the 'fins are going to sweep us this year. You clearly have not been paying attention.

I just don't put the stock of an entire season on one game. We played the champs very tough on the road. The Buffalo game to me was just a fluke. That wasn't the real Dolphins and based on that, I still think they have a good football team.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Hello!!! Not all starting 0-2 teams are alike. Look it up WaterBoy.
So, who is your SuperBowl MVP who's gonna save your season????

For the love of god will you guys stop putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying, it's not impossible for the Dolphins to still have a good year.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I just don't put the stock of an entire season on one game. We played the champs very tough on the road. The Buffalo game to me was just a fluke. That wasn't the real Dolphins and based on that, I still think they have a good football team.

During the game I recall you posting here saying the Dolphins were an absolute joke.

zippo59 said:
During the game I recall you posting here saying the Dolphins were an absolute joke.

Can you say that they wern't on that particular day? I'm the first too admit, that was the worst game the Fins have played since the playoffs in '99. I'm very emotional during poor play and the day of a horrible game.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Actually, using very basic logic you did. My fault was assuming there was any logic behind your posts.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Can you say that they wern't on that particular day? I'm the first too admit, that was the worst game the Fins have played since the playoffs in '99. I'm very emotional during poor play and the day of a horrible game.

Get used to it.

BTW, it's to.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Get used to it.

BTW, it's to.

I don't consider leading the champs, on the road, with 6 minutes to play a bad game.

Why even give these guys the time of day? It'd be a better forum if people just ignored them.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I don't consider leading the champs, on the road, with 6 minutes to play a bad game.

boy, when your team sucks...the bar just keeps getting lower and lower doesn't it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back