PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whence Ron Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Is The Status Of Brace?

Has he practiced yet?

Re: What Is The Status Of Brace?

Has he practiced yet?
What Is The Status Of Brace?... Still Fat and SLOW. Otherwise i think he would be practicing :singing:

Last edited:

Has he practiced yet?

Witness Protection Program.......Even Mary and Marshall can't find out where BB stashed him.

My best guess is that he is in Belichicks' "Men Who Stare At Goats" Training facility in Area 51.

.........but I could be wrong.

No.

Welcome to the world of IR, Ronald.

He's in a "State of Brace".

Last edited:
When I saw him last year at training camp I remember thinking "Good lord is that guy fat", even next to the big fatties he was beyond husky... I was hopeful a year of NFL conditioning would make him an adequate 6th or 7th lineman wth a primary role of backing up Wilfork. It is not over yet but some where a Fat Lady is about to sing.

IR seems a reasonable spot for Brace this year. I think that we can reasonably go forward with the four "W"'s, Lewis and Pryor. Even if Warren's injury, Brace is not much help at LDE.

IR seems a reasonable spot for Brace this year. I think that we can reasonably go forward with the four "W"'s, Lewis and Pryor. Even if Warren's injury, Brace is not much help at LDE.

If he's going to be IRed with a phony baloney injury because he's a ball of flab, I'd rather cut him. what's the point? He's not going to make it at nose in this league without even enough motivation to get in shape. How is a year on IR going to change that?

Part of the reason NTs are valuable is they show up and take punishment game in and game out. Most tackles don't want to do that. Let Weston or Pryor or somebody else fill the gap until they get a better prospect. Desire is not optional at the position.

Last edited:
Has Brace passed his physical yet? The last I recall, that was still the problem.

Has Brace passed his physical yet? The last I recall, that was still the problem.

The only injury I've heard of is cramps. Seems a trip to the drugstore would take care of that, it does for my girlfriend.:rolleyes:

The only injury I've heard of is cramps. Seems a trip to the drugstore would take care of that, it does for my girlfriend.:rolleyes:

If he got so out of shape in a month off that he's healthy and still can't pass the conditioning drill after all these days on the bikes, he must have been mainlining chocolate cake.

I hope the Pats have learned their lesson and just cut the guy instead of delaying it ala Crable.

It's such a shame of how bad of a draft pick that was when you see who else was on the board. And it's not a hindsight thing, most people on this board thought it was a bone headed move at the time.

And I don't want to hear it was an insurance pick, Wilfork wasn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
If he got so out of shape in a month off that he's healthy and still can't pass the conditioning drill after all these days on the bikes, he must have been mainlining chocolate cake.

If he has an legitimate injury put him on pup, I don't think he's practiced. If he's trying to work himself into shape now, cut his ass, it indicates he doesn't care, so why would you expect him to care next year?

I really don't know, but cramps indicates just not being ready, in which case, cut his ass and give the new guys a chance.

What is the lesson? The question is whether to spend a year's pay in a noncap year in the hope that Brace might be able to be contributer next year. That is what IR is for. Belichick can assess whether Brace is worth the money. I would think so.

The lesson is for fans. When a player who has never produced for us is put on IR, we should have very limited expectations with regard to his future. That doesn't mean that the teams shouldn't take the chance.

I would think that in many ways putting Brace on the 53 is the greater risk. Another player would not be able to part of the 53.

At this point, I would like a DL roster of Warren, Wilfork, Warren, Wright, Lewis and Pryor. Who should we want to cut to have Brace on the roster? I guess if we keep seven, it would Brace or Deaderick or Richard. But we haven't kept seven recently, unless you count one of the DE/OLB passrushers as a DE.

I hope the Pats have learned their lesson and just cut the guy instead of delaying it ala Crable.

It's such a shame of how bad of a draft pick that was when you see who else was on the board. And it's not a hindsight thing, most people on this board thought it was a bone headed move at the time.

And I don't want to hear it was an insurance pick, Wilfork wasn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
What is the lesson? The question is whether to spend a years pay in a noncap year in the hope that Brace might be able to be contributer next year. That is what IR is for. Belichick can assess whether Brace is worth the money. I would think so.

The lesson is for fans. When a player who has never produced for us is put on IR, we should have very limited expectations with regard to his future. That doesn't mean that the teams shouldn't take the chance.

I would think that in many ways putting Brace on the 53 is the greater risk. Another player would not be able to part of the 53.
Only the Pats know the answer. If he has a terrible work ethic like Crable, just cut him now.

I haven't been following the whole Brace story too much, what's the deal with him? Is he injured or suspected of having an injury? How does his fat ass pass the physical last year but fail it this year?

I am not sure how it helps to characterize 340 pound players as fat and slow. He IS a nose tackle. Not all nose tackles are Wilfork.

I am not sure how it helps to characterize 340 pound players as fat and slow. He IS a nose tackle. Not all nose tackles are Wilfork.

My only point is, is he working hard and being hampered by injury? Or is he trying to get in shape because he's lazy? As you imply, a lot of NTs battle weight and conditioning. As long as he's working like hell, fine. I don't really get that impression, in which case another year on the dole won't make a difference.

Brace is a bust

Some people knew that a long time ago

Yeah, let's judge every draft pick after just over a season. He's playing at one of the hardest positions to enter the NFL at, in addition to switching schemes. I'll give up on him when he has done nothing after his second season (or is cut before then). Right now is way too early though.

Vince Wilfork was far from an All-Pro in his first season. In fact, many of the comments currently being made about Brace applied to him. Let's judge him after 3 or 4 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft