PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whence Ron Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor Barwin, had 5 sacks as a rookie and will play a lot more thie year with Brian Cushing, being suspended for the first 4 games

Remember, though, that Houston uses a 4-3, so Barwin is being used as a DE there rather than as an OLB as he'd be in the 3-4.

Remember, though, that Houston uses a 4-3, so Barwin is being used as a DE there rather than as an OLB as he'd be in the 3-4.

doesn't matter.

he's on the field. he would do something here

doesn't matter.

he's on the field. he would do something here

No question about that; I'm just pointing out that Cushing's absence won't necessarily mean more playing time for Barwin. And, obviously, count me among those who still don't understand why BB passed up a veritable Vrabel clone to take Brace. [I wouldn't have minded Barwin at 23, let alone at 40. . . .]

That is 12 practices he has missed....should we start a pool?

You guys are brutal sometimes............lol...........what a thread.

I watched him on the sidelines today doing some running drills, I think he is close. he looks pretty good to me, the guy is huge - without pads!!

Don't count him out just yet, that's all I am saying, the fat lady (or ex BC lineman) hasn't sung yet.

stupid comparison. try gholston

So you're claiming that you can authoritatively tell that a pick is a bust after one year? Keeping in mind that Parcells, among many, many others, has said that it's dumb to even try to do that?

So you're claiming that you can authoritatively tell that a pick is a bust after one year? Keeping in mind that Parcells, among many, many others, has said that it's dumb to even try to do that?

As a 2nd round pick? Absolutely....where he was drafted, he should have contributed by now.

He was a waste of a draft pick

We are just talking about different standards of analysis. Belichick, Parcells, Polian, and Pioli usually consider that they can tell by the third preseason.

Posters like IllegalContact can tell after one season and part of a second offseason. I'm sure there are teams that use IllegalContact's methods and standards.

As a 2nd round pick? Absolutely....where he was drafted, he should have contributed by now.

He was a waste of a draft pick

Please show me all the greats who were pro bowlers from season one. There's plenty that weren't. At least give the man 2 seasons.

You guys are brutal sometimes............lol...........what a thread.
Fred's threads seem to remind me of someone else's. Could Dartmouth be in PA?

In light of Caserio's comments about Brace arriving at camp out of shape, the Patriots have an incredibly tough decision to make.

Remember when Parcells immediately cut John Burch? He actually apologized to Kraft for drafting him. If it were only a matter of keeping Brace on the team to allow him to develop, then that's fine. But what do you do when you have Love, Pryor, Deadrick, Weston all fighting for spots? Do you keep Brace and cut all of these guys instead?

Somehow I think Brace will get into shape soon, and when he does he'll find himself on IR promptly.

In light of Caserio's comments about Brace arriving at camp out of shape, the Patriots have an incredibly tough decision to make.

Remember when Parcells immediately cut John Burch? He actually apologized to Kraft for drafting him. If it were only a matter of keeping Brace on the team to allow him to develop, then that's fine. But what do you do when you have Love, Pryor, Deadrick, Weston all fighting for spots? Do you keep Brace and cut all of these guys instead?

Somehow I think Brace will get into shape soon, and when he does he'll find himself on IR promptly.

Caserio never said that Brace was out of shape from what I can see. He said this:

“He hasn’t passed his physical as of yet, so when he’s healthy, when he’s ready, then he’ll be back out there.”

Sounds like Caserio is saying it is a medical issue not a conditioning issue. It could be just media BS, but I see nothing that infers Brace came to camp out of shape. Reports from minicamp was that he is in far better shape than he was last year.

Ian Rappaport of the Herald says he failed the conditioning run:

I’m told that Brace did, in fact, not pass his conditioning run prior to camp. That’s why he’s been held out. When he passes it, he’ll practice.]

Either way, it’s not a good sign for the 2009 second-round draft pick from Boston College. A lot is expected of him, and there is an opportunity at defensive end when he is able to practice.

Please show me all the greats who were pro bowlers from season one. There's plenty that weren't. At least give the man 2 seasons.

who said pro bowlers?

how many 2nd rounder who are fat/out of shape non-factors turn into anything?

so great....a guy who clearly needed to work on conditioning in the offseason did no such thing.

The only thing that was going to save brace was a solid offseason, not a step backwards.

mark my words, this guy is a waste

Sadly i'm starting to agree with you. Shame, but my guess is he gets cut. He had the offseason to get his arse in gear, shape up and make a real statement of intent.

Clearly he hasn't done that

We are just talking about different standards of analysis. Belichick, Parcells, Polian, and Pioli usually consider that they can tell by the third preseason.

Posters like IllegalContact can tell after one season and part of a second offseason. I'm sure there are teams that use IllegalContact's methods and standards.

don't take much of a brain to parrot what front office guys say.

there were guys the pats could have used with that pick. drafting brace seemed to only be some kind of contract ploy with wilfork. with wilfork here, brace doesn't have a place to play anyway as he will never be a 3-4 DE with any effectiveness. and the only time wilfork comes off the field is on passing downs and brace is not the guy to go in then, either.

a wasted space that could have been filled by a myriad of solid rookie contributors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back