PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When was the last time the Finns were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krugman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In the playoffs,and what was the final score?(I know they lost,was that the time Jax hammered them for 60+points?)So long ago I dont remember...

2002 (following the 2001 season). They lost to the Ravens 20-3 in the Wildcard playoffs in Miami.

They also made the playoffs (winning the division) in 2000, beat the Colts in the Wildcard playoffs in January of 2001 23-17 in OT in Miami. In the Divisional playoffs, they were beat by the Raiders 27-0 in Oakland.

In January 2000, following the 1999 season, they beat the Seahawks 20-17 in the Wildcard playoffs in Seattle. The bad loss you speak of came after that in the Divisional playoffs, when the Jaguars beat the Dolphins 62-7 in Jacksonville.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
2002 (following the 2001 season). They lost to the Ravens 20-3 in the Wildcard playoffs in Miami.

They also made the playoffs (winning the division) in 2000, beat the Colts in the Wildcard playoffs in January of 2001 23-17 in OT in Miami. In the Divisional playoffs, they were beat by the Raiders 27-0 in Oakland.

In January 2000, following the 1999 season, they beat the Seahawks 20-17 in the Wildcard playoffs in Seattle. The bad loss you speak of came after that in the Divisional playoffs, when the Jaguars beat the Dolphins 62-7 in Jacksonville.

Well just take all that recent success and add in Culpepper or Harrington and suddenly, they will rise up and overtake the Pats. Just ask Aqua4ever man or his idiot buddy feelthepain, both of whom suffer from a very common disease "Patriot Envy" !!!

This is too easy....loving every second of Patriot domination this decade.

fgssand said:
Well just take all that recent success and add in Culpepper or Harrington and suddenly, they will rise up and overtake the Pats. Just ask Aqua4ever man or his idiot buddy feelthepain, both of whom suffer from a very common disease "Patriot Envy" !!!

This is too easy....loving every second of Patriot domination this decade.

And who was the fins coach back then? Wanny! Therefore its not just the addition of pep and joey...it's a completely different team. Especially since there reamains only 20...thats right 20 players still on the roster from 2004. Comparing saban's team to wanny's team is the same as comparing your team to those pre-belichick...

And before you try and bash me for being a fin loving pat hater TROLL please check my other posts...

And since you will ask: the pats are #1 until removed... Can the fins do it? of course--- "Any given sunday" But will the fins do it? Thats why we watch...

Last edited:
Welker83 said:
And who was the fins coach back then? Wanny! Therefore its not just the addition of pep and joey...it's a completely different team. Especially since there reamains only 20...thats right 20 players still on the roster from 2004. Comparing saban's team to wanny's team is the same as comparing your team to those pre-belichick...

That's the problem I have with the Phins. They are being hyped up for two reasons:

1.) Saban. BB had Saban as his DC in Cleveland and he failed. Why? Because it was BB's 1st NFL HC job. I haven't been impressed with Saban's off season personnel moves.

2.) Culppeper. He was terrible before his knee injury, has a terrible record against quality teams, and has been mediocre at best in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Welker83 said:

And before you try and bash me for being a fin loving pat hater TROLL please check my other posts...

And since you will ask: the pats are #1 until removed... Can the fins do it? of course--- "Any given sunday" But will the fins do it? Thats why we watch...

Welker83, I do not think of you as a troll, I have seen you around these parts quite often.

Your Dolphins had no where to go but up ever since Saban brought some legitmacy back to Miami. I am a little surpised at the way Saban is going about things, I figured him more for building through the draft and less via trades and free agency, but in this day and age you acqiure players any way possible and he has turned this team over that's for sure.. He did a credible job last year though you might want to look for a falling back this year before you make the leap to the playoffs as that is a common occurance when programs turn around.

I am not sure what Pep has left, I hope for your sake he can get and stay healthy as Joey never showed much of anything.

After 2001, anything can indeed happen, your team plays well, believes in itself and stirngs together a bunch of wins - you might find it never stops until the games are over.

Best of luck, we need some competition in the division.

Last edited:
Brady-To-Branch said:
That's the problem I have with the Phins. They are being hyped up for two reasons:

1.) Saban. BB had Saban as his DC in Cleveland and he failed. Why? Because it was BB's 1st NFL HC job. I haven't been impressed with Saban's off season personnel moves.

2.) Culppeper. He was terrible before his knee injury, has a terrible record against quality teams, and has been mediocre at best in the playoffs.

1. And saban saw and learned from his mistakes... We were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NFL last year... but saban got us a winning record...and who can argue with a guy who has never had a losing record as a HC...

2. Basing a players performance off 5 games is ludacris when he has shown before to be a good talent consistently for many more games...

fgssand said:
Welker83, I do not think of you as a troll, I have seen you around these parts quite often.

Your Dolphins had no where to go but up ever since Saban brought some legitmacy back to Miami. I am a little surpised at the way Saban is going about things, I figured him more for building through the draft and less via trades and free agency, but in this day and age you acqiure players any way possible and he has turned this team over that's for sure.. He did a credible job last year though you might want to look for a falling back this year before you make the leap to the playoffs as that is a common occurance when programs turn around.

I am not sure what Pep has left, I hope for your sake he can get and stay healthy as Joey never showed much of anything.

After 2001, anything can indeed happen, your team plays well, believes in itself and stirngs together a bunch of wins - you might find it never stops until the games are over.

Best of luck, we need some competition in the division.

I was also surprised by what he did in FA... We were figuring we'de have to stand a bad year or two before the talent got up to par...but saban just wants to win. You can't argue with that. As long as the future of the team is not compromised trades and signings are fine.(See 49ers/Titans)

Good luck!

Welker83 said:
I was also surprised by what he did in FA... We were figuring we'de have to stand a bad year or two before the talent got up to par...but saban just wants to win. You can't argue with that. As long as the future of the team is not compromised trades and signings are fine.(See 49ers/Titans)

Good luck!

Good point, he is in there looking for any edge he can grab onto in order to improve. I enjoyed the recent SI article very much, shows how competitive a guy Saban really is.

Having Saban and in the AFC East is going to be awesome for all of us. I think it will keep BB coaching longer as he loves the competition.

I think we can look forward to years of awesome football throughout our entire divison and it will be fun. Exception Buffalo, poor poor Buffalo.

Brady-To-Branch said:

Won't argue #2 until Culpepper proves something but are you saying Saban failed as a DC in cleveland or that BB failed? If you're saying Saban failed you're clearly wrong and I'd like to see some stats to back that up. The Browns went from having one of the worst defensive units to one of the best under Saban. They allowed 462 points prior to him joining and allowed only 204 the year he left, which was 6th fewest all time at the time.

I've got a better question; when was the last time the Finns won the Super Bowl? How about 1974, only 32 years ago. Think about that; THIRTY TWO years ago. My guess is 99% of the Doofin fans who have made this forum their new home weren't even born then; so, any Doofin fan under the age of 40 basically has zero memory of that win.

Or better yet, when was the last time they got close to going to the Super Bowl? How about 1986, when the Patriots beat their brains out in the AFC Championship game in Miami. AGAIN, my guess is 99% of the Doofin fans who have made this forum their new home weren't born then either. Shows you want you're dealing with when you debate these rocket scientists called Doofin fans.

Doofin fans are like Red Sox fans pre 2004; full of hot air, they get all fired up when they start out looking like a house of fire, only to sag come December like a pair of 60 year old jugs.

How about this Doofin fans; we declare you the preseason winners of the AFC East, to go along with all the other paper championships you have won n the past THIRTY TWO years.................lmfao..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back