Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When will be your tipping point withthe lockout?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never for me. i love the game and whenever these idiots (owners and players) figure it out, I will be right there to watch.

Can't help it.

Draft helped, Bruins helping right now then to the Sox - really going to be rough come late July.

I think it will be settled late July.

My tipping point will be in another month. Football keeps me sane. The only thing keeping me from tipping and preparing myself for my son being born in august and working to make as much money as i can!!

I use to watch a lot of MLB before the last strike. But since them I could really care less about it. I don't think that I have watched a full game since then not even the World Series.

NHL I was a casual fan. They had thier lockout season and only now am I checking in on the Bruins during the last 2 playoff series. Even though there has not been a work stoppage in the NBA, I've lost my interest over the past 10 years.

But this is football. I may not have the same total devotion to it if they miss regular season games. But I cannot see myself not watching every down of every game that the Patriots play. Maybe I'll be less apt to watch an NFL game that has no meanign to the Patriots.

The bright side is that there is always college football and that is something that other sports ( except basketball) do not have to that degree.

I couldn't care less. I'll find something else to do.

Wow, I did not expect that from such a knowlegeable football guy such as you.

I feel the complete opposite...with a young team and a QB that is getting up there in age i'd hate to see us miss a season.

Before the 09,10 seasons i didn't feel too optimistic about our chances in the playoffs but i feel like 2011 could be our year barring injuries.

My tipping point to what? Stop watching?

There is none. When the games start I will be watching.

I also don't have a tipping point.

I don't expect a deal done in July or even August since I don't see much of a willingness to negotiate even when the pressure will come. I'll be surprised if the seasons starts on time or only misses 2 or 3 games.

Most football fans will be patient enough to wait up until the dates of TC when the teams camps are announced.

When those days are announced and the CBA is not yet done,then fans will begin the approach of being angry and hostile towards both owners and players if it is not settled by that point.

In other words,the CBA better better be done and over with before mid july.....until then we should all relax and find something to do to fill the void.....after all,even if a CBA was in place there is almost nothing going on in June anyway....July is a different story.

Training camp, because if that doesn't start on time then the season won't start on time. It's getting ugly.

Last edited:
Never for me. i love the game and whenever these idiots (owners and players) figure it out, I will be right there to watch.

Can't help it.

Draft helped, Bruins helping right now then to the Sox - really going to be rough come late July.

I think it will be settled late July.

I have reached my tipping point. I was able to semi ignore it for a while (draft study and a small follow of the lockout to know where everything is at) but now I am finding myself gravitating to my normal reading spots for football news (this site and others) but the problem is there is no news because of the damn lockout.
Right now we should be reading about OTAs and hearing about who shined in mini camps and who didnt. Free Agency should be long into its boring phase and we should be getting ready for the quit period leading up to camp and instead it has been quit for months (other than some BS about the Lockout.
Now dont get me wrong I will never give up football no way no how but this stuff is getting rediculous and it has been seriously pissing me off the last few weeks to the point where I might go to Krafts Corigated Box Factory and put pad locks on the doors to lockout his workers :D and go picket in front of Gillete and in his Mall.

I don't know when or if i will reach a tipping point on watching football but i have already reached in terms of paying money to the team. No more games, parking, merchandise etc...., i will watch it on TV only.

I voted missing regular season games, HOWEVER I probably will have a minor melt down w/o training camp. I love going to camp, falling in love with this years binkies and totally mis-evaluating the new talent. Since I abhor MLB I really need my summer camp fix.

I'd only reach that higher plane if and only if the NFL becomes like MLB with totally different casts of expensive, prima donna rented players new each season. Sadly the new CBA or lack of same could produce that result.

I'll never hit outrage. I'd just lose interest in the game and find a new pass-time. Football is just a game and nothing to lose sleep over.

However, I do think they have already dragged this out long enough to know where the chips are going to fall. They should have wrapped things up before the draft. Prolonging this fight is a disservice to everyone.

Although many fans seem not to realize it, the damage to this football season and the development of all football teams has already occurred.

That much is clear based upon the number of fans expecting all team holes to be filled by the draft. Normally the draft DOES fill most remaining team needs - but not with the suspension of free agency this year.

While the Patriots may be better off than many if not all teams given the number of returning starters, new players - rookies and free agents - have all lost valuable time to learn the system.

That's going to make for lower quality football. It also makes for what is more or less a "lost year" for long-term team development.

All of this gives the Patriots a competitive team advantage this year, but as a football fan first, this altered offseason is going to have a long-term detrimental affect - and I'm far from happy about that.

Although many fans seem not to realize it, the damage to this football season and the development of all football teams has already occurred.

That much is clear based upon the number of fans expecting all team holes to be filled by the draft. Normally the draft DOES fill most remaining team needs - but not with the suspension of free agency this year.

While the Patriots may be better off than many if not all teams given the number of returning starters, new players - rookies and free agents - have all lost valuable time to learn the system.

That's going to make for lower quality football. It also makes for what is more or less a "lost year" for long-term team development.

All of this gives the Patriots a competitive team advantage this year, but as a football fan first, this altered offseason is going to have a long-term detrimental affect - and I'm far from happy about that.

I'm not sure NE has a competitive advantage. They have a lot of youngsters looking to make leaps (Cunningham, Nink, Spikes, Fletcher, Chung, Gronk, Hernandez, etc) whose development is going to be stunted somewhat. This issue is particularly troubling on defense, where NE teams are notoriously slow starting even in the good ol' days.

I look at a team like Indy, whose style is a whole lot more simplistic as having the competitive advantage.

As a season ticket holder, I am heading more towards apathy for this season than outrage. I am unsure how having little to no training camp will affect my passion for the up coming season, but I am fully prepared to unload all my tickets if I don't feel the passion flowing.

I've already decided not to spend any extra money on gear, etc....A boycott of NFL merchandise during the lockout is certainly a warrented move.

The owners could end it anytime they want, they choose to be greedy

Re: When is you tipping point coming?

I've already reached it, in a manner of speaking. Basically, I'm just apathetic at this point: if they can't get their acts together and play football, then I can't be bothered to care. If there's no football this year, it won't be the end of the world or anything. Either way, I've already decided not to buy any NFL merchandise for at least a year, probably more. I'll still watch the games, but that's about it.

Re: When is you tipping point coming?

Ah, I thought the tipping point was just plain not giving a **** anymore....because I don't right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye