PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When is Brady going to be Brady again

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 games against Pop Warner competition do not make the season. Let's see how he plays on the road against a tough team. Like the Broncos. He failed miserably in that game if you remember. I'm not sold on his "return" quite yet.

He's been back since the fourth quarter of the first game of the season. Just been taking the rest of them a little time to catch up or catch on. And that is nothing new, really. The only time it seemed different was in 2007, and then it was just a matter of the rest of the league catching up or catching on.

2 games against Pop Warner competition do not make the season. Let's see how he plays on the road against a tough team. Like the Broncos. He failed miserably in that game if you remember. I'm not sold on his "return" quite yet.

OK, I'll alert you when he does more than have the best month of any offensive player in the league. Maybe that will be enough for you.

Yeah, let's all pretend quarterbacks don't get the bulk of their stats by playing against subpar teams. Peyton hasn't played a single quality team this season, does that mean we can revoke the awesome year he is having too? What about Brady's 07? I can guarantee you 80% of his stats came against the worst teams we faced.

The point is, he has been showing UNDENIABLE improvement in hitting open receivers down the field in these last two games. I don't care what anyone says, there were some wide open opportunities in the beggining of the season he was missing that he didn't miss agains the Titans or the Bucs (the second INT being, admittedly, Tate's fault). Apart from all that, he also had pretty nice games against Atlanta and Baltimore.

Brady, like any other QB when facing tougher competition, will have not-so-good days, as happened against the Jets and Broncos. It's always going to happen, it even happened in 07, why should it be any different when he is coming back from an ACL tear?

Brady's played pretty well, on par with Brees and Manning (go look up the stats if you don't believe me) this season. Don't act like he's played like crap against everyone but the Titans and Bucs.

Brady missed some throws against Atlanta and certainly struggled against Denver. I am not sure he's all the way back, but the last 2 games have been very ecouraging. 5-2 without clicking on all cylinders for most of the year is pretty good. I still would like to have that Denver game back, it seemed like the game was in control and then they just gave it away (not on any 1 player).

I agree that TEN was encouraging, but part of it was WIDE OPEN receivers. I wasn't as positive about TB. He looked (to me) mediocre in TB, and the defense was what busted that game open.

OK, I'll alert you when he does more than have the best month of any offensive player in the league. Maybe that will be enough for you.

Again, Andy, you know better than this. Competition does matter. Tampa and TEN suck because pretty much every QB has a career day against them right now.

Now, Brady looked much better than he did previously, but its tough to tell how much of that was because he had a ton of time, and wide open WRs.

I don't give a rip about Brady's stats against ****ty teams, what does that proove? Absolutely nothing.

What matters is how he will play against the Colts (esp. as they have allowed less than 10 points /game), Jets, Saints who all have have good defenses.

I judge this team and Brady as hard as they judge themselves. A culture should exist inside their locker-room that expects high standards of play.

And the Colts D may come out and lay an egg that day, who knows. The point is, in my opinion, that they are the best team in the league as of right now.

If TFB goes out and performs well, moves well, makes good decisions AND throws against a quality defense, the kind that he always used to make, then he is approaching "Brady again".

-HPF

I don't give a rip about Brady's stats against ****ty teams, what does that proove? Absolutely nothing.

What matters is how he will play against the Colts (esp. as they have allowed less than 10 points /game), Jets, Saints who all have have good defenses.

I judge this team and Brady as hard as they judge themselves. A culture should exist inside their locker-room that expects high standards of play.

And the Colts D may come out and lay an egg that day, who knows. The point is, in my opinion, that they are the best team in the league as of right now.

If TFB goes out and performs well, moves well, makes good decisions AND throws against a quality defense, the kind that he always used to make, then he is approaching "Brady again".

-HPF

Using your logic, how can you proclaim the Colts the best team in the league? Their schedule so far has been a cakewalk. Thus, they have proved nothing.

Week 1 a truly Bradysque comeback win
Week 2 tough day
Week 3-6 October Offensive Player of the Month.

Can we stop now????????

Well, duh, what about September Offensive Player of the Month? He didn't get that did he? Well, did he?

Brady was on a super yacht hijacked by Somalian pirates but managed to climb into a balloon shaped like a UFO that the pirate chief had built for eventual use on a reality TV show but when Tully Banta Cain was cut, the chief confused Cain for Chaz/Chastity Bono until his right hand man pointed put that Cain was a major figure in the old testament and that Jacob climbed a ladder to heaven which convinced the chief to release the balloon as his own gift to heaven until he realized Brady was inside and had an EPIRB from the super yacht that allowed Giselle and a crack team of supermodel Delta force commandos to track him down and "snatch" him in mid-air, dropping him into Gillette right before the Titans game but first they seeded the clouds to drop snow and hide Brady changing No. 12 jerseys with Hoyer who was wearing his No. 8 jersey underneath and was so hungry from impersonating Brady in the Jets and Broncos games that he ordered a hot dog on the sideline.

So, yes, obviously, Brady is really Brady again because he's really Brady. any questions?

I think this pretty much explains it. :D

I agree that TEN was encouraging, but part of it was WIDE OPEN receivers. I wasn't as positive about TB. He looked (to me) mediocre in TB, and the defense was what busted that game open.

And the point is, Brady was missing WIDE open receivers. Remember the two HUGE misses against Denver?

-HPF

Why do you don't give a **** when our boy beats up the weak teams, when all but one of the Colts wins have come against absolute clowns? In that logic, they haven't proven ****.

****, even the Cardinals aren't that great. They're just up and down like a bipolar person.

-HPF

You really should have stuck to your original intention stated in your first post.

The way some people see nothing but 'great, flawless teams' everywhere but in New England nauseates me.

The double standards you apply to the Colts and the lame duck schedule is typical of those in your 'mold'.

You really should have stuck to your original intention stated in your first post.

The way some people see nothing but 'great, flawless teams' everywhere but in New England nauseates me.

The double standards you apply to the Colts and the lame duck schedule is typical of those in your 'mold'.

I guess we'll see won't we...

Tom made some bad decisions in the Tampa game, and the throw to Tate was underthrown. But every QB does that from time to time. Look at Brees, who didn't complete 60% of his passes and threw 3 picks last week.

Brady's problems had little to do with the defense he was facing, and more to do with his own problems with accuracy due to mechanics or mental blocks. He's overcome those issues. Yes, it was inferior competition, but he was missing wide open guys even against the Broncos.

Is he the 2007 Brady? No, not yet, and he may never be. But is he back to being an elite QB? Yes, he is. Even in 2007, he had some poor games, and I hope the next time he struggles, people aren't going to flip out or start the "We should have kept Matt Cassell" threads again...

I still don't think he's quite there yet, but he definitely looks like he's getting awfully close, and I'm more confident than ever that he will get there this season.

No kidding- you can't discount Brady's production and simultaneously pump up the Colts while ignoring their cake schedule. For my part, I do neither- The Colts and Pats are dismantling their crappy competition, and what else can you ask for?

Tom is back to being Tom, but 2007 Brady is never coming back again. Even after Manning's 49 TD's the most he's had since is 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes