PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When did it become wrong to be a fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone I know calls me a bandwagon down here... cuss I dont really have to many connections with you northerners up there in boston. I remember when I was younger, we were watchin the green bay / patriots game with my grandfather. I saw the jerseys and i was like "wow! i love those colors!" my granddad said: Yeah, those are the new england patriots. watch out for them in years to come.

from then on iv liked them :).

Don't care

Fanfrom1960 said:
Good work there. Do ya think you can get the Red Sox back into the post season? Or, do you care? :cool3:

They have gone a long way down hill in just 18 months...

I don't care. They don't care, why should I??

All the speed, base-stealing, defense and a good portion of the pitching is gone. The country club is back, along with swing for the fences, loafing, and "I got a hangnail, I'm out for three weeks..." Hopeless... Call me in 85 more years.

AzPatsFan said:
They have gone a long way down hill in just 18 months...

I don't care. They don't care, why should I??

All the speed, base-stealing, defense and a good portion of the pitching is gone. The country club is back, along with swing for the fences, loafing, and "I got a hangnail, I'm out for three weeks..." Hopeless... Call me in 85 more years.

I hope you're not right there, but you could be. As I look at the way the Patriots have handled their adversity this year with all the injuries (heck, even last year), and the loss of Weiss and Crennel, and compare it with the way things have gone for the Sox since 2004, wow, what a huge difference. The Pats are the class of pro sports, and the Red Sox might be sinking back into the mire. Again, I hope not, need 2 class teams in Boston, at least!

Man, everytime here recently I seem to be getting blown away by some posters. Spacecrime, I said the only argument that was given was, "Well come back and say something when your team has won 3 Superbowls in 4 years." I know there are some of you who deem any opposng team's fans as incredulous losers just because they don't bow down and kiss every Patriot's hind quarters. No need to get snippy. I just said that some people use that as their only argument for the Patriots when playing an opposing team.

It's remarks like yours that give other Patriots fans a bad name. I never once stated anything about my team and you preceeded to explain how since my team hadn't done anything but put up stats that they aren't worth even mentioning in the same breath as the Pats. Guess what, the other 31 teams that don't win the Superbowl only put up stats also. If you don't win the Superbowl then you failed. So far the last 4 years the Patriots have been successful 3 times, but that doesn't give particular fans of that one team any reason to be complete jerks.

I was listening to WEEI today around noontime. Dale Arnold was talking about how in Denver they are giving out the phone number for 'EEI on Denver Sports radio and urging the fans to call and harass us. Then they took some calls from these Broncos fans......YIKES! These people sounded like uneducated thugs talking smack and all they wanted to do was put us down for the earlier game this season and to insult Dale and Holley. After listening to some of those calls I don't know how anyone can think we are yahoos!

I think we are loyal and passionate about football and about this team and the vast majority of us have been with the Patriots through thick and thin! I think fans of other teams are sick of us winning all the time and they want their time with our shiney silver trophy.

Bill's Girl said:
I was listening to WEEI today around noontime. Dale Arnold was talking about how in Denver they are giving out the phone number for 'EEI on Denver Sports radio and urging the fans to call and harass us. Then they took some calls from these Broncos fans......YIKES! These people sounded like uneducated thugs talking smack and all they wanted to do was put us down for the earlier game this season and to insult Dale and Holley. After listening to some of those calls I don't know how anyone can think we are yahoos!

I think we are loyal and passionate about football and about this team and the vast majority of us have been with the Patriots through thick and thin! I think fans of other teams are sick of us winning all the time and they want their time with our shiney silver trophy.

I'm sure that's not indicative of Broncos fans but, rather yahoos who like to call and harass radio stations.

Look, I have been a fan since they actually LOST in 86 and have been one ever since, and I will continue to be a fan of the patriots, maybe it is geography cause they are the closest team to me or cause I always get them on cable, but they are my team. Lately, circa 1996+ they have become exciting to watch and now in the new millenium, they are on fire. I really couldn't care less what the media says, certain media like fox are so biased that i read them for a charge, in reality they are really all tools. 10-0 in the playoffs overhyped? If someone said this about the colts fox would still be idiots...who really cares about the nfc anyways fox?? I would be bitter too having to show the eagles vs San Fran as a game of the week...ha ha ha ha ha. Yeah, 10-0 is overhyped...O.k. dude, whatever...keep talking. Just please continue telling the patriots they can't play, feed the machine.

The media are gonna say what they are gonna say. All i know is this, it is a GREAT time to be a patriot fan, especially considering where they have come from...my team dosen't talk, they play, just like TB says. Whether they win this weekend or not, Denver better bring it if they wanna match our intensity.

I guess in reality, the patriots don't have to talk do they, you'd have to be idiots like fox to ignore the numbers...however my boys don't live in the past do they. Why would I expect any forward looking team to be favored by a truck-load of rednecks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST