Welcome to PatsFans.com

What would it take for you to stop watching football?

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by PATS16N0, Aug 14, 2014.

1. chasa

chasa In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +880 / 42 / -16

#87 Jersey

Looks like ill be DVRing all the games this season and watching them after they have compeleted. Fast forwarding through all the extra point attempts, penalties, and commericials.

2. Haley

Haley In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +562 / 8 / -1

No Jersey Selected

If the sport continues to degrade in quality, I will likely stop watching it closely once Brady/BB both retire. I may occasionally turn on the games for background but I won't be interested in it like I am now. I'll fade into "casualness" and if more terrible changes are added to the game, I won't be able to recognize it as the same sport anymore. I won't understand why one team won and one lost anymore, which takes all the fun out of it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. SB39

SB39 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +766 / 45 / -57

So put up or shut up: If the games are so unwatchable then quit watching them.

But you don't have the self discipline to do that.
    Actually baseball's problem is the opposite. Baseball is suffering because they pander too much to their core fans and lose the casuals. They are too slow to change their sport because they are afraid of upsetting the core fan "traditionalists" out there. It's 2014 and they just finally implemented wide ranging instant replay.

Everyone on the planet agrees the games need to speed up but the league is terrified of doing anything that would result in any sort of substantive change. That's pandering to core fans and ignoring the casuals, not vice versa.

4. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,077 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

The sports press has become so beholden to the game and teams that it rarely (except say in Boston where there's a Red Sox vs Pats vendetta at the Globe) takes a more than occasional outlier article criticizing league policy.