PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What RFA tender level will Randall Gay get??

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

RFA Tender Level for Randall Gay??

• $2.35 million = first- and third-round picks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think there will be in any interest in Gay, though? IMO, I don't think there's another team in the league which would even contemplate signing Gay for 1.3 mill, just putting aside the draft pick compensation altogether. And we all know how value-obsessed the Pats are, so I highly doubt the Pats of all teams would dish out 1.3 on a guy who at best is your nickle, and in all likelihood isn't even the first backup CB. As far as I remember, he doesn't even have any real ST value.

If he's coming back to the Pats, he's coming back on their terms, at the value they deem, I don't think they'll be worried about compensation as there's no way they're getting any for Gay.

i am not sure he is worth it but i think he will get 1.3 because of potential alone, and whether or not he is buried on the depth chart i think the coaching staff has realized they need to stockpile as many dbs as they can, at least he knows the system and has potential imo to be very good so he might be worth it for 1 year

Voted for the 1.3, that is pretty good value, if we bring in some CB's from the draft "Blue" may be valuable as a bridge player. For his sake, hope he puts togther an injury free season.

Does anyone on the forum know if the RFA is guaranteed the money

once he signs the tender offer?

If we tender Gay 1.8 mil., Yates 1.3 mil., Mruczkowski $850,000, and

Baker $850,000, this totals 4.8 mil. This is a sizable salary cap hit if

the money is guaranteed and the players don't make the roster.

When we tendered Ashworth, Givens, and Neal 1.3 mil. each in

2005 we knew that they would make the team.

I could see Gay tendered at 1.3M if healthy... only because the Pats might be afraid that the Jets snap him up at 850k with no compensation.

The guy had like 6 good games. I dont see the love for this kid. He has yet to prove he could be a #2 cornerback and stay healthy for a full or even a half season in which he plays alot. He was a good band-aid for us but not worth more than a million dollars till he proves more.

I could see Gay tendered at 1.3M if healthy... only because the Pats might be afraid that the Jets snap him up at 850k with no compensation.

Bingo! We got Bingo!
Health & compensation are the keys

Why would the Pats be afraid of the Jets snapping up a UDFA who has played 16 games and totaled 23 tackles in his entire career?

Furthermore, why would we pay 1.3 million to a guy who has played 16 games and totaled 23 tackles in his entire career?

I guess I don't see where the Gay love comes from. Sure, he filled in admirably in 04, but it's important to note that he was part of a secondary that was already functioning at a high level. Asante was playing well, and Harrison and Wilson were monsters that season.

Does anyone on the forum know if the RFA is guaranteed the money

once he signs the tender offer?

A RFA is not guaranteed the money.

The majority of the poll respondents were right on the money (double entendre intended). We have an impressive bunch of members here.

edit: Miguel you beat my post by 2 minutes!

Last edited:
Even when Miguel is wrong, he's still classy. That's what we look for here in Patland! Shine on you crazy diamond.

Well I was wrong again...oh well, if BB thinks Gay is worth it, I trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft