PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What oddball draft pick do you see in the first round and by what team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What player do you see being a huge surprise in the first round?- Either a player who is not even expected to be in the first round or a player that is projected very low in the 1st but goes up high - And by what team?

On the other hand what 1st round projected player do you see falling out of the first round?

For a surprise oddball pick,I go with Trevor Laws going in the first to a team like San Diego or Indy or someone in the lower 20's pick area

For a guy falling out of the first round I think Jeff Otah

My bet's on Buffalo. Dont know who its gonna be, but theyre sure to do something unpredictable with that 11th pick.

Buffalo, Detroit & Jacksonville are the usual suspects-
Buffalo takes Philip Merling @ 11.
Detroit takes homeboy Chad Henne.
Jacksonville takes Joe Flacco.

Drop-
DeSean Jackson- teams start to realize how small 169 lbs. is (and that his middle name is not Hester).

Last edited:
Gholston going at number 2 to the Rams

I would say Denver, they just fired thier GM, and Shannahan is stackin his own board. James Hardy to Denver.

Detriot taking Devin Thomas because they need a return man and he's a WR so why not

Last edited:
My bet's on Buffalo. Dont know who its gonna be, but theyre sure to do something unpredictable with that 11th pick.

Buffalo's last two drafts have been spot on in my opinion, even given the fact that they traded up for McCargo one year.

Top of the 2nd to either the Phins or Jest.Red Bryant NT. He shouldnt go this high but both those teams will reach because the dont have a true NT.

Top of the 2nd to either the Phins or Jest.Red Bryant NT. He shouldnt go this high but both those teams will reach because the dont have a true NT.

If Miami does not trade back late into the first round to grab Brohm or Flacco maybe Henne as a longshot but I see no chance they don't grab a 2nd round QB whoever is there best for them,Their QB situation needs attention -early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back