PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is ticking you off more right now???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things to be ticked off about:

1. No passion or emotion in the PLayoff game versus the Ravens
2. Multiple personnel mistakes over the past 5 years which have screwed the team up
3. Patriots transforming from a Physical defense and run the ball team to a finesse non physical team
4. Loss of coaching and player talent over past 4 years

Patriots Roster is solid..no doubt

:confused3: .. :confused3: .. :confused3: .. :confused3:

Actually if the Saints lose next week, I am out. I will watch the Super Bowl for the commercials and The Who (or what's left of them). I don't want to see Favre get another ring after the crap he has pulled the last few years as much as I don't want to see Manning get his second or Rex Ryan get his first as head coach.

Sums up how I feel too.
Go Saints!

Not really ticked off much at all about either one, the Jets deserve it quite frankly. And I think they could've played these playoffs 100 times and this Patriot team wouldn't have won the Super Bowl in any of them. Before Welker's injury, I thought we might go the distance but coaching deficiencies/2nd half woes would likely not allow for 4 straight wins over great teams. After Welker's injury I thought with some breaks there was an outside shot of it. After watching the offense in the first half against Baltimore, even if the score were 0-0 at halftime I'd have lost all hope entirely. This team wasn't good enough plain and simple.

What ticks me off:

The signing of AARP wide receiver Joey Galloway.
Trading a third and fifth round draft picks for Derrick Burgess.
Adalius Thomas turning into a underachieving malcontent this season.
Shawn Springs inexplicably benched for four games.
The New England Patriots run over by the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs.
The Colts and Jets in the AFC Conference Championship Game.

I couldn't care less what the Jets do. I care a lot that we didn't show up for the biggest game of the season in our own backyard.

We don't deserve to be going anywhere, because we didn't take care of business. And we wouldn't have beaten the Chargers. The Jets are playing much better than we are right now.

I loved the 2008 team because we played to the best of our ability, given Brady's loss and the lack of talent in the secondary, we got better as the season progressed, and we would have been nasty in the playoffs. The 2009 team is the exact opposite - the biggest underachiever and most inconsistent team of the BB era. Even though technically this year's team won the division and last year's team didn't, there's no comparison as far as I'm concerned.

One of the best posts I've seen in the last couple weeks.

I actually kind of like this Jets team: pressure defense, great pass defense, excellent running game, young quarterback with upside, wacky irreverent coach. I sure hope they beat Indy. But I'll root for either NFC team over either AFC team this year.

I'm not ticked off at the Pats.

I sincerely think they did the best with what they had. I'm not looking to scapegoat any player for his attitude or any coach for what he might have done better.

I am royally and irrationally ticked off that I have to watch an AFCCG between the two teams that I most dislike in the entire conference...even the raiders have some redeeming qualities (which I'm sure I'll remember at some point).

i guess if i HAVE to choose, I'd have to pick the Jets because I just don't want the Colts and Peyton to even have a chance to get a second trophy this decade. but, man, that's a hard, hard choice!!!!

NFC's not a bad choice. the Saints have never been to an SB and the Vikings have never won one, so I could get into either of them winning. The only decision is which would have the better chance of beating (most likely) the Colts. I'm afraid I'd prefer to see Lord Favregaard in the big game than Brees, who has been known to be inconsistent late in the season; and, it doesn't get any "later in the season" than the SB.

The jets in afc title game, or that we did not show up last week and face a Norv Turner and the Chargers who cant win in the playoffs.... And will never go to the super bowl under Norv.. Right now Im more ticked we did not show up, and I hope Bill Belichick is ticked like he was against Indy in 06 when we should have won.... I am super ticked right now, damn you AD for ruining the locker room... We are 100 times better than the jets... Im more sick about us not showing up against the ravens...

Can I say I'm more ticked that Billy created a LOUSY team without real playmakers?

the 2009 season was all downhill after the infamous 4th and 2. funny how a call by a ref that could go either way sets a team on a certain direction.

As I watch the playoffs move on without us, what's really ticking me off is looking back at 2006 and 2007 when Tommy got a fourth and fifth swing at the Golden Ring and came up short both times; I'm not ticked off at Brady, obviously, but at the fact that opportunities like that are fleeting and rare. He could well get another swing or two, but it would be extraordinary.

Putting it in perspective, in the SB era, of all the QB's to step between the white lines on Sunday Afternoon, only one, John Elway, got a fifth chance to win a Super Bowl game. Only Terry Bradshaw, Jim Kelly, Joe Montana and Roger Staubach even got to four of them like Brady. Bradshaw and Montana aced the test each time; Staubach aced it twice and Kelly never did.

And, only Bradshaw (six), John Elway (six) and Montana (seven) have gone to more Conference Championship Games than has Tom Brady (five).

If you have any doubt about whether Tom Brady will eventually be ranked among the greatest QB's of all time, just think about those stats. He is in the most elite of company and, with a little luck, would have surpassed them all.

All of the sudden the jets are this powerhouse team... BARF..... please.. The jets have no QB, and if we would have showed up last week we might have to wait and see. but now the jets are playing , and now i have to root for indy.. why football gods why!!!!!!!!

Defense wins championships....and they have a QB who is managing the game well. That is a winning formula. The Pats defense sucks...Period! The O is uncreative and one dimensional. They better fix that sh*t quick or they will be looking up at the Jets' ass in the standing next season.

What's ticking me off? Nothing.

I'm done "dreading" certain opponents winning, **** happens and once the Patriots are out I simply sit back and say let the chips fall where they may, even if deep down it does kill me :(

I'm ticked off because the jets lucked into the playoffs and now i have to hear about them in the championship game.

The Pats didn't deserve to be in the tourniment after the way they played last week.

what ticks me off is us not showing up.

this weekend has gone perfectly. saints beat az, minn. knocks dallas out, colts beat ravens and jets beat those obnoxious charger chokers. now indy buries the jets and saints beat minny. saints beat goober in the superbowl and everything is good. that would be perfect. goober with a big time choke job in the sb.

all non charger fans in san diego root against the chargers because their fans are a bunch of bandwagon, flag waving, **** talking illegals and hillbillies wearing brand new tomlinson jersey's 10 years into his career. i've never seen so many brand spanking new jersey's in a stadium in my life. i hope they kept the receipts for those jersey's.

Defense wins championships....and they have a QB who is managing the game well. That is a winning formula. The Pats defense sucks...Period! The O is uncreative and one dimensional. They better fix that sh*t quick or they will be looking up at the Jets' ass in the standing next season.

Yeah, if only Brady could run the offense like Sanchez..Are you serious?

But man folks, you simply can't compare the Pats/Jets defensively, it's embarrasing for us. Just look at that front 7 and how they made Rivers run for his life all day. I don't care if they had Revis or not, that's why their defense is unscorable but with that pass rush any CB would be having a field day back there.

Hate to say it, but the Jets defense is so good it's simply not much of a gap anymore. Now if the Pats can improve their defense (they'll never be as good as the NYJ defensively, but they don't need to be) that gap will widen yet again, with NE on top. Look at what a good front 7 is doing for the mark freaking sancez led Jets. Imagine how unstoppable this team would be with an elite defense again? Oh wait I do remember, back-to-back 14-2 super bowl wins. LETS GET IT DONE DEFENSE!

Last edited:
A LOT has changed since the beatdown the Pats put on the Jets earlier in the season. Did the Pats fall apart that badly down the stretch?

the 2009 season was all downhill after the infamous 4th and 2. funny how a call by a ref that could go either way sets a team on a certain direction.

...funny how a couple of lucky/miracle/brilliant catches can be viewed as watersheds in the histories of several great NFL franchises.

After Dwight Clark made "the catch" to defeat Dallas in the 1982 NFCCG, the Niners went on to win that year's SB and four in the decade, while the Cowboys, who had been to five SB's in the 1970's, wouldn't return to the big game for 12 years.

The history of the Patriots after Tyree's catch is still being written, but I doubt that many Pats fans would argue that it's been less than we had hoped for so far...

The Coughlin/Manning Giants are still trying to prove that their victory in that game wasn't a fluke.

Not only am I still pissed off that we didn't show up last week, I'm extremely pissed about the Jets backing their way into the playoffs and getting lucky this week with the San Diego Chokers giving them that game.

I live in NY so I have to deal with all the jackass Jets fans. I haven't talked to anyone in a week because I'm so mad and can't deal with the bull**** Jets fans. I hope the Colts mop the floor with the Jets and the Saints/Vikings mop the floor with the Colts in the Super Bowl.

I can't wait for free agency and the draft to finally turn the page on this long-lasting nightmare of a postseason. Hopefully we see some major revamping after the two most hated teams in Patriot Nation are in the AFCC Game. I can't imagine this is sitting well with Boss Belichick and the Krafts.

A LOT has changed since the beatdown the Pats put on the Jets earlier in the season. Did the Pats fall apart that badly down the stretch?

Beatdown?
Early in the season?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Beatdown?
Early in the season?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes...31-14 in late November doesn't count as a beatdown?

Of course, Pats have sunk and the Jest soared since then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back