PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Zappe Beats out Brissett in TC? Now What?

QB by committee, it's the new fad. A QB for each down, regardless of the situation beyond down number.

Interesting that Bourne just strongly endorsed Zappe.
Love KB and all, but what players say about other players means next to nothing in terms of who makes a roster and who doesn’t.

Let’s see who wins the QB battles in camp…

I'm OK with trading down, but that's because my preferred style of play favors a guy like Michael Pratt who's likely to be available later in the first round. he's the sort of guy who makes the job of the O-line easier because of his speed, he's got the fastest 40 time of the QB prospects in this draft IIRC. and a dual threat QB can help the ground game, which I believe is crucial to an offense.
Methinks he's likely to be available in the fourth round.

Some complain Zappe has a huge ego because he said he was going to be the starter eventually, even after he was cut. Some complain that his numbers were bad, which is fair until you realize the starting rb, two of the starting wr’s and the Oline was basically injured when he started, and before that he came in during blow outs. Mostly some posters are still butt hurt he is here and Mac is gone. Like always, I hope he does well as do all the QB’s and management is forced to make a tough decision. Hoping, not expecting.

Cuzzin,cuzzin,cuzzin(smh), no way in hell can Zappe beat out Brissett.
Zappe sucks. Period. He's worse than .Mac
Zap had some flashes last season on his best day he could be the first half in Pittsburgh or in Denver.. but he is what he is.. a capable flawed QB that can be a career backup.

I gotta ask, what’s with the cousins thing? Genuinely curious

What the hell is the fascination with Rourke anyway? Sure he had a highlight play with the jags but everyone has a few highlights

Case in point:

Cousins love your premise but you're hoping with the wrong player. We should hope that Tyquan Thornton have a Lights out camp knowing how premiun the WR position have become.

That's the premise of the entire mental exercise - that Zappe improves enough to be known quantity Brissett. So how could that not be a good thing?

We are trying to make you feel at home, Tennessee Cousin.
And no, I'm not coming on to you.
lol, that made me laugh.

I’m from VT (which I don’t claim anymore), but no one there and no one down here says that, so was curious.

Didn’t read the thread, but 2024 season would be royally fu**ed.

we would still be a sub 5 win team. it doesnt matter which of the two is starting.

Cam Newton season if we are lucky so far as I see now. Didn't get Ridley, Didn't get a left tackle available in F.A. Can't hit in every pick this draft so the whole offense is a 3 and out machine. Zappe or Brissett will be changing roles all season.

Then play Zappe. The rookie QB (hopefully Maye or McCarthy) should sit a year.

If a frog had wings, it wouldn’t bump its booty.

We are trying to make you feel at home, Tennessee Cousin.
And no, I'm not coming on to you.
Be careful.....Tennessee...banjo music...
pigs squealin'....just sayin'

lol, that made me laugh.

I’m from VT (which I don’t claim anymore), but no one there and no one down here says that, so was curious.

To give you a straight answer, it is a uniquely DW Toys contribution to the board. You won't find it in threads where he hasn't participated.

I had a long client gig with Eastman Chemical in Kingsport, and still have friends there, so feel OK about making fun of them. Still have a canning jar of their local moonshine in my liquor cabinet, just for kicks with guests.

Brisset's value in my mind is in large measure as a mentor for whetever newbie qb we might draft. If Zappe beats him out for the starting job, so be it; but I would keep Brissett around anyway for his mentorship, unless we REALLY need a spot to keep some hot prospect at another position. To me, this is a pretty insignificant matter, tbh. Progress in rebuilding the team over next yer is far more important than a difference of a game or two in our record, and it is not unreasonable anyway to point out that there are genuine draft advantages to fewer wins. Post Brady, we'll have to tweak our priorities for a year or two: winning games will not always necessarily find its way to the top of the hierarchy.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back