PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do you want us to take ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is shaping up great with all the players coming out early so....
What do we address in the 1st round??

After yesterday's win I still think we could use help running so is OT a option in the first or grab one later if nothing is worth a first. Do we need another Big back to go with Maroney? Speed at LB is another need and DB.

.......thoughts

This is shaping up great with all the players coming out early so....
What do we address in the 1st round??

After yesterday's win I still think we could use help running so is OT a option in the first or grab one later if nothing is worth a first. Do we need another Big back to go with Maroney? Speed at LB is another need and DB.

.......thoughts

DB & LB in the first. OL or WR in the second.

First round:
LB and CB(most preferablly) since sanders stepped up and we might not need a Safety that badly as we thought.

Second Round:
WR..as good as Jabar and Caldwell have been recently..they dont consistently get good seperation..might aswell get someone with speed and gamebreak ability(yes we have CJax but we can still use speed). Also a guy who can return kicks

OL can be taken .. many guys slip for many reasons(O'C and McNeil)

DB and LB with first three picks.

I would like to see the Pats grab a WR in the first two rounds. There are a ton of good WR in this draft which means a couple should fall that would normally go much higher. WR is a big need for the Pats IMO.

This seems like a weak draft for LB but obviously the Pats need the help. CB is another position I would target early.

I'd like a LB and DB first but please, please no Jr's!!!! IMO it's rare to get a mature enough(mind and body) rookie as it is. With the cut back on the years of contracts we loose these guys much earlier to FA and I'd rather hedge my investment with older kids if possible.

I'd like a LB and DB first but please, please no Jr's!!!! IMO it's rare to get a mature enough(mind and body) rookie as it is. With the cut back on the years of contracts we loose these guys much earlier to FA and I'd rather hedge my investment with older kids if possible.

Good point. How bout P.Willis and D.Hughes in round 1. I'll say S in round 2. I'd love to count on Rodney. But, he's not going to play forever. Wendling the kid from Wyoming. I'm assuming we don't sign Asante. Or, at worse only will franchise him for one year.

And, for the surprise of all surprises. We trade our nr. 3 for Randy Moss. Will have to also include escalators based on performance. Raiders would get extra pick if he has great year in next year's draft. Not sure if we keep Graham or not. Even if he goes, we can sign a veteran te who can block. Someone like Kyle Brady. One of my favorite former PSU players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe