PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Bubble Player Earned Spot After Last Week's Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
My vote would be Mike Wright. He's played well on both defense and special teams. I believe he had two sacks and two special teams tackles. I think he has secured a roster spot.

I think Wright already was there.

It was Sullivan who pecked his way out of the bubble, onward and upward.

flutie2phelan said:

Nobody say Cobbs! :D

But, in the words of BB:

What's a bubble?

flutie2phelan said:

It's possible but from my what saw he hadn't done much to differentiate himself from the other guys competeing for the back-up jobs (until last game of course.) Additionally when people were predicitng final rosters on the message board I remember a fair amount who didn't think Wright would make the cut. Of course Belichick might have seen it differently and he already was going to make the team.

Last edited:
I always thought Wright and somebody. Sullivan was in more danger.

Why not Cobbs? Could happen.:D

Why not Cobbs...I think so..but again..I also like Evans...

i thought Woods and Alexander did well.

patsfan13 said:
i thought Woods and Alexander did well.

Actually Woods would be my bubble guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Evans and Cobbs cut.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Actually Woods would be my bubble guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Evans and Cobbs cut.

I'd like to see Woods and Minceyu on the roster and one of Gardner/Izzo/Davis gone. I'm assuming C Brown is gone.

I am in the Cpbbs camp. Pass starts on PUP make the decision later. Mills and Pass render Evans irrevelant, Cobbs has a spark IMO.

Andrews has done a nice job for a 7th round pick and seems to have a earned a roster spot as a return man on Special Teams.

Cobbs was credited with a Special Teams tackle against both the Cardinals and the Redskins. He also caught a pass for 19 yards against the Cardinals. Against the Giants the Pat's need to see Cobbs work as a receiver more and hopefully he has earned an opportunity to return a Kickoff or Punt. Cobbs seems elusive in the open field, but I don't know how fast he is.

Dillon on the other hand averaged 2.6 yards against the Cardinals and 2.4 yards against the Redskins. Faulk, Maroney AND Evans did better than Dillon in rushing during the last 2 games! Dillon caught a pass for -4 yards against the Cardinals and a very nice pass for 39 yards against the Redskins. Also both Faulk and Maroney returned a punt or kickoff.

Right now Faulk has earned the right to be the starting RB backed up by Maroney, with Evans as the FB. However I doubt the Pat's have the courage to do that.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see both Evans and Cobbs cut.

Really? You wouldn't be surprised to see BOTH of them cut? Why? What depth would that leave at RB? I mean, more than LAST year, sure, but that's setting the bar pretty low. I think it's more likely they both MAKE it than they both get cut. Best guess - Evans barely over Cobbs, due to S/T involvement, and we all pray Cobbs makes it through waivers.

I've fine with cutting both if sign a real fullback.

With regard to the thread, Wright and Sullivan solidified their roster spots.

patsox23 said:
Really? You wouldn't be surprised to see BOTH of them cut? Why? What depth would that leave at RB? I mean, more than LAST year, sure, but that's setting the bar pretty low. I think it's more likely they both MAKE it than they both get cut. Best guess - Evans barely over Cobbs, due to S/T involvement, and we all pray Cobbs makes it through waivers.

lobster said:
Right now Faulk has earned the right to be the starting RB backed up by Maroney, with Evans as the FB. However I doubt the Pat's have the courage to do that.
Faulk is NOT a starting RB...but he is a solid 3rd down back..one of the best. He has started many years ago and that is NOT his role. Dillon should be starting and really helping soften up the D for Maroney. I really like having him come in fresh and tear the D apart.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Nobody say Cobbs! :D

But, in the words of BB:

What's a bubble?

Sorry but I say Cobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call