PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Westhoff accuses Patriots of building sideline wall, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
The classic defense. Point fingers elsewhere in the hopes the attention placed on you will be diverted. Practiced by three and four year olds worldwide.

Though some Pats fans did that, I don't remember any member of the team or staff pointing fingers after the so-called spygate scandal.

"They line their whole defense up"

And I would have been so stupid to think they were standing there because they had to go into the game after the punt.

Hilarious! Let's see if any national media types point this out.

Even the Globe's SMY says this is absurd:

talk about throwing crap on the wall and seeing if it sticks, Mike Westhoff. That team is out of control, and it comes from the top

If this is true, I'm sure there will be plenty of examples caught on camera over the years. Of course, I'm still not sure what rules are being broken when you have your defense standing along the sideline but... eh.

Last edited:
They are talking about this on the Big Show right now...

I love it. He claims to have inside knowledge of every team's sideline practices except his own.

Perfectly stated.

I can't even express how much like a b1tch this guy comes off as. Firstly, who the heck cares if you did put them on the line. Secondly, mind your own frikin buisness and stop talk crap about other teams. Is this what passes for "swagger" these days? Man up and tell the freakin truth. You knew exactly what they were doing.

"Asked if he’s saying the Patriots line up players to impede punt coverage teams, Westhoff elaborated. “Well, if you watch them, their defense when the opponents’ punt team is out there,” Westhoof said. “They’re up there pretty close to the line so it looks like they are trying to do it. Now are they doing anything illegal? Are they tripping anybody, heck no. I’m not saying that. That’s not the point. But, yeah, they’re lined up there. Is it making a difference? I don’t know. I really don’t know, because to tell you the truth before this happened I never really looked at anybody’s sideline in all my years.”

Anyone see the "contradiction" in his words? - - Look at the turn on that last sentence after going on and on about other teams' sideline practices. He's a liar.

This guy Westhoff just dug himself a big hole.

Last edited:
At least in Spygate, the Patriots took their punishments like men and didn't try to implicate others. I find it disgusting that the Jets* would get caught with their hands in the cookie jar and then try to implicate other teams for doing what they got caught for.

The Jets* prove that they deserve the Rats nickname.

*Caught Cheating

Aside from deflecting blame in an attempt to remove scrutiny, Westhoff contradicts himself as well:

“Well, if you watch them, their defense when the opponents’ punt team is out there,” Westhoof said. “They’re up there pretty close to the line so it looks like they are trying to do it. Now are they doing anything illegal? Are they tripping anybody, heck no. I’m not saying that. That’s not the point. But, yeah, they’re lined up there. Is it making a difference? I don’t know. I really don’t know, because to tell you the truth before this happened I never really looked at anybody’s sideline in all my years.”

In the beginning of the response he's talking about how the Patriots do this. Prior to that he says "a number of teams do it" - which of course begs the obvious question as to why he felt compelled to single out only the Patriots - but then goes on to say “I really don’t know, because to tell you the truth before this happened I never really looked at anybody’s sideline in all my years.”

So which is it Mike: you've noticed a number of teams do it, or you've never seen seen it in all your years?

It has to be one or the other, it can't be both.

but, this is actually true. Wasn't it Ditka who defended the Pats after this?

Westoff is just throwing blame around

Ditka, Walsh, Shula, Coughlin, Shanahan, etc. There were a bunch more. Pretty much everyone said they taped signals.

of course ESPN and others are going to open the film to show what the pats do.

At least in Spygate, the Patriots took their punishments like men and didn't try to implicate others. I find it disgusting that the Jets* would get caught with their hands in the cookie jar and then try to implicate other teams for doing what they got caught for.

*Caught Cheating

Rats from a sinking ship ....

"Asked if he’s saying the Patriots line up players to impede punt coverage teams, Westhoff elaborated. “Well, if you watch them, their defense when the opponents’ punt team is out there,” Westhoof said. “They’re up there pretty close to the line so it looks like they are trying to do it. Now are they doing anything illegal? Are they tripping anybody, heck no. I’m not saying that. That’s not the point. But, yeah, they’re lined up there. Is it making a difference? I don’t know. I really don’t know, because to tell you the truth before this happened I never really looked at anybody’s sideline in all my years.”

Anyone see the "contradiction" in his words? He's a liar.

Wow, he completely contradicted himself there. I can't believe no one called him on that one. Yikes.

Also, lol.

One other thing...

It is becoming more and more clear to me that the Jets are now guilty of something that goes far beyond the original crime. This is a cover up. They are blatantly lying to the NFL during a league investigation. Of course, I expect Goodell to look the other way the no good homer.

Ditka, Walsh, Shula, Coughlin, Shanahan, etc. There were a bunch more. Pretty much everyone said they taped signals.

Except St. Dungy, who was too busy polishing his halo.

*Caught Cheating

After the events of the last couple years, I'm even more proud to be a Pats fan.

Faced with 16-0, the Colts wilted, while the Pats had the steel balls to go for it.

Faced with penalties for illegal videotaping, and even when he was not long for the job anyway, McDaniels threw his assistant and his mentor under the bus.

Faced with penalties for illegal gamesmanship, the Jest throw their assistant under the bus and blame everyone else.

The Pats? BB and Kraft took it like men and admitted their error.

In the famous words of Fitzy...McDaniels, Westoff, Ryan, Caldwell, Polian, and the rest of you ****heads that have something to say about the Pats? Go **** yourself.

Well if anyone can get Goodell involved...It's the Patriots!

Well, true, but we (as fans) did this re: Cameragate.

You're going to equate anonymous fans typing on a website with a trusted official of an NFL team making a public mediastatement????? Is that a point you really want to make?

C'mon, Bella*chick, you're smarter than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News