PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Westhoff accuses Patriots of building sideline wall, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to equate anonymous fans typing on a website with a trusted official of an NFL team making a public mediastatement????? Is that a point you really want to make?

C'mon, Bella*chick, you're smarter than that.

Shmess, yikes, call off the dogs! I said a few posts down I'm not defending the Jets, since this came from their organization and not fans.

I just lost all respect for Wetshoff. Be a man and tell the t6ruth that you directed the S & C Coach and InActive players to stand there like a wall to make the gunner go around it. BTW, having active defensive players standing there is not against the rules! Having Inactive players standing like a wall in soccer is!

The Jests and Alosi should be fined as a team, same as the Broncos.

Trying to deflect this on the Patriots is childish and Westhoff should be fined for his comments too!

BTW Mike, could the defense be lining up on the line could be because the defense is about to go on the field after a punt? Do the Pats need to put up velvet ropes to keep the defense behind until the punt return is over?

I just lost all respect for Wetshoff. Be a man and tell the t6ruth that you directed the S & C Coach and InActive players to stand there like a wall to make the gunner go around it. BTW, having active defensive players standing there is not against the rules! Having Inactive players standing like a wall in soccer is!

The Jests and Alosi should be fined as a team, same as the Broncos.

Trying to deflect this on the Patriots is childish and Westhoff should be fined for his comments too!

Agreed, but did you really respect this guy before?

I think I hate the Jets organization more than I've ever hated a sports franchise.

AS I said on another thread: "A fish rots from the head".

It's good to see that fatman sweat. Now lets see if he can tap dance, too..... :D

All this means is that Mike Westhoff just blew this story way open again.

The PR staff must be looking to jump off the roof at the Jets headquarters right about now.

What a completely stupid mistake by Westhoff.

Except St. Dungy, who was too busy polishing his halo.

Fortunately for you, Dungy's quiet strength will allow him to find it in his heart to forgive you for mocking him in your post.:)

After the events of the last couple years, I'm even more proud to be a Pats fan.

Faced with 16-0, the Colts wilted, while the Pats had the steel balls to go for it.

Faced with penalties for illegal videotaping, and even when he was not long for the job anyway, McDaniels threw his assistant and his mentor under the bus.

Faced with penalties for illegal gamesmanship, the Jest throw their assistant under the bus and blame everyone else.

The Pats? BB and Kraft took it like men and admitted their error.

In the famous words of Fitzy...McDaniels, Westoff, Ryan, Caldwell, Polian, and the rest of you ****heads that have something to say about the Pats? Go **** yourself.

I'm not finished.

As I came in here,
I heard those words:

"cradle of leadership."

Well, when the bough breaks,the cradle will fall,
and it has fallen here.

It has fallen.

Makers of men, creators of leaders.

Be careful what kind of leaders you're producin' here.

I don't know if Charlie's
silence here today...is right or wrong;
I'm not a judge or jury.

But I can tell you this:
he won't sell anybody out...to buy his future !

And that, my friends, is called integrity.

That's called courage.

Now that's the stuff
leaders should be made of.

Now I have come to
the crossroads in my life.

I always knew
what the right path was.

Without exception, I knew,
but I never took it.

You know why ?

It was too damn hard.

Now here's Charlie.
He's come to the crossroads.

He has chosen a path.

It's the right path.

It's a path made of principle...

that leads to character.

Obviously,all Jet employees are well aware of the Jetdell cloak of impunity and take any and every disgusting display of overt cheating,animalistic onfield/off field behaviour and open lying and just blame it all on the Patriots. Roger the Criminal will investigate the PATRIOTS and fine them for everything the Jets do.

Now, this is in perspective:

Within the hour, Clark Judge of CBS is reporting that the NFL is now actually going to investigate.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/26463357

Mr. Westhoff's comments may have occurred shortly after getting the word.

This may be a nervous breakdown.

Last edited:
Lets see .. first the jets make sexual comments towards a female reporter, their owner is gonna pay for league wide sensitivity training, then a WR gets drunk with a couple of linemen and gets busted for dui and gets to play the following week, Favregate and now "Thighgate"..

Sounds like a culture of corruption in New Jersey.. but the Pats did it....

Last edited:
Now, this is in perspective:

Within the hour, Clark Judge of CBS is reporting that the NFL is now actually going to investigate.

NFL interested in Jets; memo forthcoming - CBSSports.com

Mr. Westhoff's comments may have occurred shortly after getting the word.

This may be a nervous breakdown.

I will believe it when I see it. My guess is that the league will feel confident that Alosi acted alone and no furture punishment is warranted.

I just lost all respect for Wetshoff. Be a man and tell the t6ruth

It really is pathetic. "I didn't do it, I've never done it, and everybody else does it too!" Come on, now.

And defending yourself by pointing out that another team does something different (and legal) just makes you look guiltier.

It really is pathetic. "I didn't do it, I've never done it, and everybody else does it too!" Come on, now.

And defending yourself by pointing out that another team does something different (and legal) just makes you look guiltier.

Nervous breakdown.

Get out of Jail Free Card......The Patriots do it too.

Last edited:
I still don't understand what on earth the NFL has to investigate here.

I haven't seen a rule that says a "human wall" is not permitted. The gunner gets his 6 foot safety zone. Beyond that, it's the bench. If a team wants to position people just outside the gunner's safety zone to gain an advantage, and the rules say it's ok, I'm in favor of it. It's innovative and clever and something I don't mind my team doing in the slightest.

My guess is that the NFL agrees with me here, because of the part of this article that says the league is considering issuing a memo on the subject. That's a different kettle of fish. If the league formally says that the human wall is unsporting, then that's that and we know going forward.

I'm not saying that the league shouldn't consider whether the sanction the Jets guy got was severe enough. And I'd have no problem with the league saying that what he did has no place in the game, and that a greater sanction is warranted. But I wouldn't like it to be retroactive.

So anybody have video of the Pats punts?

Steelers have to be loving that the Jets coaching staff is spending their time this week on this.

Man, are we in the heads of the JEST, or what?!

After the events of the last couple years, I'm even more proud to be a Pats fan.

Faced with 16-0, the Colts wilted, while the Pats had the steel balls to go for it.

Faced with penalties for illegal videotaping, and even when he was not long for the job anyway, McDaniels threw his assistant and his mentor under the bus.

Faced with penalties for illegal gamesmanship, the Jest throw their assistant under the bus and blame everyone else.

The Pats? BB and Kraft took it like men and admitted their error.

In the famous words of Fitzy...McDaniels, Westoff, Ryan, Caldwell, Polian, and the rest of you ****heads that have something to say about the Pats? Go **** yourself.

You can toss in the 49ers getting busted for tampering in 2008. After the league investigated and found them guilty, 49ers personnel denied they did anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back