PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well Well Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungy's "family-and-religion" trip didn't take long to devolve into holier-than-thou sanctimony through seeing himself as something more than a mere football coach, which is all he truly is. THAT is being a phony, and certainly less than humble.

Whoa a minute. Adalius Thomas is a devout Christian also. His father is a minister, and Adalius devotes a lot of time with his church's youth group. Is he "sanctimonious" and "holier than thou" also ?

There's plenty to criticize about the Colts without conferring a slur upon a coach based upon his religion. It is ignorant and bigoted.

R

Well, I'm not a Big Extremely Evangelical Guy, but if I were, I'd have to be a Lions fan, not a Colts fan. Those guys have Kitna converting people left and right. Dungy just says "fudge" and "shucks."

The whole "we're the Christianest guys in the NFL" is just one more reason to beat the Colts, from where I'm sitting. If Colts fans can believe they "saved" the NFL, I can believe, not being an Evengelical Christian, that the Pats therefore represent Jews, Mainline Protestants, and Catholics better.

This despite the fact that some Colts are one or another variety of heathen such as myself, and some Pats are evidently evangelicals. WHO CARES? Why drag religion into it?

An' another thing... someone at the front of the thread talked about the "immoveable object" vs. the "irresistable force" cliche. This game doesn't fit the cliche, as the Colts haven't been immoveable.

This is more like two teams that seem like immoveable objects AND irresistable forces, TO THE REST OF THE LEAGUE, playing each other. Neither plays lights-out defense, but the Colts have cracked the top 5, and the Pats are a notch above that. And the offenses are 1 and 2. It's just nonsensical to frame this as the offensive guys vs. the defensive guys.

PFnV

January 21, 2007... The dawning of a new era began in the NFL. A new era that the NFL sorely needed. Tony Dungy and the Indianapolis Colts won... and SAVED the NFL.

People on this board have been lead to believe that Brady is excellence. Uh uh.... MANNING IS EXCELLENCE.

For the first time in many many years, NFL fans have a QB who can entertain them. They have a team who is GOOD enough for them. They have a Coach who makes them jump up off their chairs and scream "Go Colts Go!" "Go Colts Go!".

Because of that HISTORIC AFC Championship game... the NFL, New England Patriots, and most imporant, THE WORLD CHAMPION Indianapolis Colts... will never, evvvvvvvvvvvver be the same again!

Colts 38
Patriots 24

Thank you!

Wow Ryan, what a difference a year makes. In Jan 2006 after the Steelers loss you called Peyton the biggest choker ever.

Now, he is excellence! Do you still get a window seat when you jump on and off the band wagon? :rofl:

Whoa a minute. Adalius Thomas is a devout Christian also. His father is a minister, and Adalius devotes a lot of time with his church's youth group. Is he "sanctimonious" and "holier than thou" also ?

There's plenty to criticize about the Colts without conferring a slur upon a coach based upon his religion. It is ignorant and bigoted.

R

Look at some of Dungy's past comments regarding people who CHOOSE not to live like him, he's pretty quick to give his opinion, which in turn, opens himself up to other's criticism of him. He's football coach, not a politician. Unless he's running for office, he should shut the **** up!

R

You are a fool. Don't call me ignorant and bigoted, you cretin. Your post REALLY pisses me off, you took what I wrote and twisted it TOTALLY out of context. I was NOT criticizing Dungy for being a Christian, but for using his newfound fame as a Super Bowl-winning football coach as a bully pulpit for pushing some highly questionable agendas completely unrelated to football. Inside his realm of expertise, he readily accepts this newfound diva status as a spokesman for the game, re., his comments on "spygate." That, my friend, is sanctimony. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you are ill-informed and need to think twice before calling out a fellow poster. And no, I'm not going to explain this to you. Look it up yourself.

Last edited:
O-o-o-o-o-oo! It's already getting ugly in here.
Religion and football! What, no politics?
I LOVE IT!

The hype is already unbearable. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Northeast Kingdom to track some game and play with guns - no phone, internet, TV. With any luck, I won't be home until 4:30 Sunday, sit down, turn on the TV and watch this awesome game!

I could have sworn the last few times we played, it'd be the biggest game between the two clubs. But now?

7-0 vs 8-0

Brady vs Manning

BB vs Dungy

Moss vs Harrison

The perceived "Good Guys" vs "Bad Guys"

What happens when the irresistible force meets an immovable object?

This is gunna be one heck of a football game. Congrats on 8-0 and here we go.

Right back atcha. ALl I can think is that we are the luckiest fans in the league, these 2 teams. It's not even close. The next closest, either Dallas or Pittsburgh, isn't even in the discussion. It's hillarious because even the guys who don't like to make progonistications in the national media are announincing that, duh, these 2 teams will play in the AFC championship, and that this game will decide homefield advantage.
Honestly, I can say that I have never seen 2 teams play at the level that the Pats and Colts are right now. In the words of that fat comic guy from the Simpsons,"Best game Ever."

I LOVE IT!

Politics did you say? How about the right-wing hate groups that Tony Dungy helped raise money for last year in Indiana?

This impressed our administration so much that they appointed him to the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation.

Well, I'm not a Big Extremely Evangelical Guy, but if I were, I'd have to be a Lions fan, not a Colts fan. Those guys have Kitna converting people left and right. Dungy just says "fudge" and "shucks."

The whole "we're the Christianest guys in the NFL" is just one more reason to beat the Colts, from where I'm sitting. If Colts fans can believe they "saved" the NFL, I can believe, not being an Evengelical Christian, that the Pats therefore represent Jews, Mainline Protestants, and Catholics better.

This despite the fact that some Colts are one or another variety of heathen such as myself, and some Pats are evidently evangelicals. WHO CARES? Why drag religion into it?

An' another thing... someone at the front of the thread talked about the "immoveable object" vs. the "irresistable force" cliche. This game doesn't fit the cliche, as the Colts haven't been immoveable.

This is more like two teams that seem like immoveable objects AND irresistable forces, TO THE REST OF THE LEAGUE, playing each other. Neither plays lights-out defense, but the Colts have cracked the top 5, and the Pats are a notch above that. And the offenses are 1 and 2. It's just nonsensical to frame this as the offensive guys vs. the defensive guys.

PFnV
I agree, and I thought it was hillarious that Dungy said, "not only are we african americans but we are 2 Christian Coaches in the Superbowl."
WTF is that? Do the other 30 worship Satan? And who cares if they do. I don't care where you stand on seperation of church and state, but church and football? HELL YA!
Some Christians do very good things for this world, and some are giant walking sacks of human excremant. Just like everyone else. You are no better than someone else because of what faith you have, leave it at home. The bible has no place in football. BEsides, I don't think they can touch em, isn't pigskin unclean?

I LOVE IT!

Politics did you say? How about the right-wing hate groups that Tony Dungy helped raise money for last year in Indiana?

This impressed our administration so much that they appointed him to the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation.

Ya that was BS, you can't make such bigoted remarks and let it go unpunished. But, he's Tony Dungy. Sides, I think he has magic elf powers that make him immune from criticism.

Can we talk football?

This good vs. evil thing is complete BS and you know it.

How about we call it the whiners vs. the nonwhiners.

How about the cheaters vs the noncheaters

:rocker:

How about the cheaters vs the noncheaters

:rocker:

How about the team that is about to get an asswhooping vs. the team that is going to give the asswhooping. Im not saying who is who, but all this cheating, whining crap has got to go. Let's talk football.

Look at some of Dungy's past comments regarding people who CHOOSE not to live like him, he's pretty quick to give his opinion, which in turn, opens himself up to other's criticism of him. He's football coach, not a politician. Unless he's running for office, he should shut the **** up!

I think you should excuse him. After all, he's an American and thought he had the right of free speech - something you seem to use pretty liberally...

Strength in numbers right Ryan?. Here comes the "Game of the Year" of the week. Is it Sunday yet?

They won't use Bob to "cover" Randy per se, but will use him to help double or lay the wood in zone coverage.
Cousin,
Nobody mentions this. Forget about all the other Sanders and Moss crapolla. This biggest artillery that the Pats have is Martin Luther Dungy saying how the Pats embarrassed the NFL.! "It's a bad day for the NFL" Thank you very much Tony. Ya think BB didn't have a small issue with that, or his players? Nothing else has to be written in any blog other than that statement! Lets just all sign off now and wait.

Tony there is a Biblical reference of throwing the first stone, oh ye of Mr. Pollian "Someone break Flutties legs". "Have we turned up the heat yet". To the Irsays.........Lets sneak out of Baltimore like a thief in the night even if we said we want to stay to the fans.
DW Toys

Cousin,
Nobody mentions this. Forget about all the other Sanders and Moss crapolla. This biggest artillery that the Pats have is Martin Luther Dungy saying how the Pats embarrassed the NFL.! "It's a bad day for the NFL" Thank you very much Tony. Ya think BB didn't have a small issue with that, or his players? Nothing else has to be written in any blog other than that statement! Lets just all sign off now and wait.

Tony there is a Biblical reference of throwing the first stone, oh ye of Mr. Pollian "Someone break Flutties legs". "Have we turned up the heat yet". To the Irsays.........Lets sneak out of Baltimore like a thief in the night even if we said we want to stay to the fans.
DW Toys
I'm sure this is already posted on the Bulletin Board. You guys sure to give BB a lot of credit, when it appears that the mojo pretty much comes from the bulletin board

I think that we are giving the Colts way too much credit here by pretending that this is going to be a close game. I don't care where it is, who the Pats have played and who the Colts have played. I don't care what division either of these teams comes from. The Patriots will blow out the Colts and it will be just like old times again.:rocker:

I think that we are giving the Colts way too much credit here by pretending that this is going to be a close game. I don't care where it is, who the Pats have played and who the Colts have played. I don't care what division either of these teams comes from. The Patriots will blow out the Colts and it will be just like old times again.:rocker:
The 20-3 game, while only 17 points, was still very lopsided. Other than that, I'd say the Colts have played you pretty tough from '03 to the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe