PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well Well Well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will most definately NOT be a blowout. Indy knows NE very well and matches up with them better than any other team in the league. You forget that we have the #1 ranked pass defense and #3 total defense. You cannot simply win by doing what you have been doing and throwing all the time. If it was at NE I would probably say NE would win but not in a blowout. But since it's at Indy, and on that fast turf, Im going with the Colts, 34-28. Indy is a MUCH faster team the the Pats, especially on Defense.

You forget, we have fieldturf at home now also, so it's not exactly new. And the "more speed on defense" thing may be true, but that's merely at the front seven. AT more then makes up for it anyway. We're not stuck with putting an untested Eric Alexander in the back this time, just to add some speed. Also Pats D-Line > Colts D-Line, any day, IMHO.

I Do think we can "simply win by doing what you have been doing and throwing all the time", as well. Not sure on whether it will be simple or not, but with a good dose of Marony-Faulk, and short under passes, with a few deep tosses thrown in now and then, we can possibly do the same (or something quite similar) to the Colts D that we did to the Redskins. Who by the way had the 3rd ranked Defense, and the number one ranked secondary IIRC.

Last edited:
The hype is going to be unparallelled, even by SB standards. I just can't wait for the week to get over and the game on so we can get it all behind us.

Wow Ryan, what a difference a year makes. In Jan 2006 after the Steelers loss you called Peyton the biggest choker ever.

Now, he is excellence! Do you still get a window seat when you jump on and off the band wagon? :rofl:

With Chris Jericho set to "re-launch" in the WWE tonight... I jacked his promo and used it here. I didnt mean anything of what I said. But it'd be fun troll material if I did.

Obviously no Vince McMahon fans here :)

January 21, 2007... The dawning of a new era began in the NFL. A new era that the NFL sorely needed. Tony Dungy and the Indianapolis Colts won... and SAVED the NFL.

People on this board have been lead to believe that Brady is excellence. Uh uh.... MANNING IS EXCELLENCE.

For the first time in many many years, NFL fans have a QB who can entertain them. They have a team who is GOOD enough for them. They have a Coach who makes them jump up off their chairs and scream "Go Colts Go!" "Go Colts Go!".

Because of that HISTORIC AFC Championship game... the NFL, New England Patriots, and most imporant, THE WORLD CHAMPION Indianapolis Colts... will never, evvvvvvvvvvvver be the same again!

Colts 38
Patriots 24

Thank you!

Y2R! Y2R! Y2R! Y2R! Y2R!

Edit: Maybe the "fat little fingers" and saying a-GAIN would have helped?

Last edited:
Oh, my my my.

You guys do know what's about to happen, right?

Relax. This one's just for the home field. You can hope we cool down in the post-season.

Oh that's right... that's when we usually get better!

MWHAHAHAHAAAAA

PFnV

Jerome Bettis picks the Colts because, "[He doesn't] know if the Patriots can run the ball." :rolleyes: :bricks: :rolleyes:

Jerome Bettis is possibly the most annoying person associated with the NFL, and that says a lot. Beginning with all "The Bus is Coming Home" drivel and tears and continuing with his sour grapes about the Patriots. He sucks. I will not watch NBC football any longer unless the PATS are playing, and in those cases I'll skip the pregame show.

This also avoids trying to stomach the little midget and that turdwhacker Collinsworth

Your post REALLY pisses me off, you took what I wrote and twisted it TOTALLY out of context. I was NOT criticizing Dungy for being a Christian, but for using his newfound fame as a Super Bowl-winning football coach as a bully pulpit for pushing some highly questionable agendas completely unrelated to football.

Read your own words. "Highly questionable agenda" ? What exactly is that, praytell ? What, is he an "Elder of Zion" now ?

Best I can tell, he keeps his players out of stripclubs and gunfights - now way too common in the NFL. Every player and coach you hear talk about him tells us what a special human being he is, and how he has touched their lives in positive ways. I guess in your eyes thats an evil "agenda".

Perhaps you'd like to know that the NFL Christian organization that he is active in also claim many Patriots players as members. Ever see their pregame prayer ? Or are they part of the "agenda" also ?

Like I said, there are plenty of things to complain about the Colts and the Colts organization. But slurring Dungy on this subject is not only ignorant but hypocritical. Don't we Patriots fans like to think that we are better than this when other fans do it ?

What's really pathetic about this is that this whole thing has been precipitated by Easterbrook irrationally excoriating the Patriots while almost as irrationally uplifting the Colts. In my view, he did that with the express purpose of inflaming the situation and causing this exact type of insanity and hatred.

And we have fallen right for it.

R

Look at some of Dungy's past comments regarding people who CHOOSE not to live like him, he's pretty quick to give his opinion, which in turn, opens himself up to other's criticism of him. He's football coach, not a politician. Unless he's running for office, he should shut the **** up!

Maybe you can pull up those quotes. I don't think they exist. I think you are just repeating a slur that others fabricated.

It might also interest you to know that a certain former Patriot accepted an award from the very same NFL Christian organization that Tony Dungee is active in now. In fact, Dungee was the guest speaker at this year's award ceremony.

Who was that Patriots player, "fair catch" ?

Irving Fryar, of course.

The hypocrisy is amazing.

R

It might also interest you to know that a certain former Patriot accepted an award from the very same NFL Christian organization that Tony Dungee is active in now. In fact, Dungee was the guest speaker at this year's award ceremony.

Who was that Patriots player, "fair catch" ?

Irving Fryar, of course.

What was the award for, being drug-free and law-abiding?

That organization is a joke if they gave Irving Fryar any kind of award.

Read your own words. "Highly questionable agenda" ? What exactly is that, praytell ? What, is he an "Elder of Zion" now ?

Best I can tell, he keeps his players out of stripclubs and gunfights - now way too common in the NFL. Every player and coach you hear talk about him tells us what a special human being he is, and how he has touched their lives in positive ways. I guess in your eyes thats an evil "agenda".

Perhaps you'd like to know that the NFL Christian organization that he is active in also claim many Patriots players as members. Ever see their pregame prayer ? Or are they part of the "agenda" also ?

Like I said, there are plenty of things to complain about the Colts and the Colts organization. But slurring Dungy on this subject is not only ignorant but hypocritical. Don't we Patriots fans like to think that we are better than this when other fans do it ?

What's really pathetic about this is that this whole thing has been precipitated by Easterbrook irrationally excoriating the Patriots while almost as irrationally uplifting the Colts. In my view, he did that with the express purpose of inflaming the situation and causing this exact type of insanity and hatred.

And we have fallen right for it.

R

Why do you insist upon being a total moron and bringing Christianity into something my original post didn't refer to? Like I said, I'm not going to spend time traipsing through the Internet to dig up the quotes/stories documenting Dungy's overreach into socio-political commentary just so you can have more fodder to twist around. But in case you're truly interested in being informed, Google "Indiana Family Institute" and read up on its anti-gay political agenda, which your boy heartily endorses. Then you can peruse his blog (what NFL head coach has the time for something like that?) and read up on how BB created "a dark day for the NFL."

You're a weird guy. I make a comment about Dungy's sanctimony and you jump all over it, then you bloviate at length over how we shouldn't be discussing these things. It's hard to believe you are much of a Patriots fan.

Last edited:
What was the award for, being drug-free and law-abiding?

That organization is a joke if they gave Irving Fryar any kind of award.
I don't really want to become part of this debate, but I do believe that people can straighten their lives out and redeem themselves. Irving Fryar turned to Christ (his words), became a Christian minister and dramatically changed his life viewpoint after leaving the Patriots. I don't think the cynicism about the award is justified.

Did you guys know the Colts and Patriots play this Sunday?

No, Dungy is attending an anti-gay church rally and Polian's coven has a seance at 3 p.m. sharp. Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Jerome Bettis picks the Colts because, "[He doesn't] know if the Patriots can run the ball." :rolleyes: :bricks: :rolleyes:

That was a bizarre reason. I thought he was reaching in order to put a little balance into the picks, but that was just bizarre.

Apparently he doesn't look at the box scores or stat sheets before sticking his foot in his mouth.

I had completely forgotten.

We need more public announcements as the week progresses just in case people forget.

Don't forget to include the name of the opposing QB too.

You're a weird guy. I make a comment about Dungy's sanctimony and you jump all over it, then you bloviate at length over how we shouldn't be discussing these things.[\QUOTE]

I understand that you are convinced that being devout and striving for righteousness when you are an enemy coach is a terrible thing - particularly if Tony Dungy prefers to take his guidance from the Bible rather than the current social mood swing on the issue of homosexuality (which was wildly different 60 years ago). But I really think it's better if you just don't make any references at all to this part of his life in a football forum unless you want responses like what you got. Just my 2 cents; I don't appreciate many of the slurs being slung around in this forum particularly when it goes outside of the expected football slurs...

You're a weird guy. I make a comment about Dungy's sanctimony and you jump all over it, then you bloviate at length over how we shouldn't be discussing these things.[\QUOTE]

I understand that you are convinced that being devout and striving for righteousness when you are an enemy coach is a terrible thing - particularly if Tony Dungy prefers to take his guidance from the Bible rather than the current social mood swing on the issue of homosexuality (which was wildly different 60 years ago). But I really think it's better if you just don't make any references at all to this part of his life in a football forum unless you want responses like what you got. Just my 2 cents; I don't appreciate many of the slurs being slung around in this forum particularly when it goes outside of the expected football slurs...

Did I suggest that being devout and striving for righteousness is a terrible thing? No. I made one comment about Dungy's sanctimonious attitude and people like you jump at the opportunity to twist it into something else, then blow it way out of proportion. I was not criticizing the man's religion. What I don't like is his sense of entitlement sitting in judgment of others, particularly BB. Seems you take a similar tack. Your 2 cents is pretty worthless here, consider spending it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Can I highjack this thread and get it back to football? Two undefeated teams are playing this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back