PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker feels great and quicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wes Welker - WR - Patriots

Wes Welker says he is faster now than he was before tearing his ACL in January of 2010.
Welker made a miraculous return last season, proving his health right out of the gate in Week 1 and catching 86 balls. Now another year removed from his surgery, there are no questions. "I feel like I've gained a step from two years ago. This is the best I've felt in a long time," Welker said. The game's premier slot receiver is a strong bet to push for 90-plus catches again this season.
Source: Boston Globe
Aug 16, 9:54 AM

While I would expect a player on his final year of his contract to say something like this I think Wes is speaking the truth here. Maybe not as quick as before his surgery, all reports are saying he looks great and very quick. Great news for us Welker fans!

Last edited:
Wes Welker - WR - Patriots

Wes Welker says he is faster now than he was before tearing his ACL in January of 2010.
Welker made a miraculous return last season, proving his health right out of the gate in Week 1 and catching 86 balls. Now another year removed from his surgery, there are no questions. "I feel like I've gained a step from two years ago. This is the best I've felt in a long time," Welker said. The game's premier slot receiver is a strong bet to push for 90-plus catches again this season.
Source: Boston Globe
Aug 16, 9:54 AM

I, for one, hope the re-sign the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft