PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker can really think on his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is exactly why it's brilliant.

Footsoldiers??? Farking Footsoldiers???

You can tell, he's barely holding on to that inner :rofl:
Yeah, that particular remark seems a bit forced. So that makes me lean towards "he did it on purpose".

Just saw video of that interview on ESPN. Can't believe he kept a straight face the entire time. Not even a smirk or anything -- great poker face.

Yeah, that particular remark seems a bit forced. So that makes me lean towards "he did it on purpose".

The footsoldiers remark was forced, but the one most forced was to the question about being out with his knee rehab. He could say anything about that, but described it as "sitting around with your foot up in the air"

Remember all of those photos of Rexy's wife, sitting there with her feet up in the air?

Some of the instances were non-obvious. Those ones were very obvious, and hilarious.

I'm surprised no one's said it, so I will. That was quite a feat.

That was one hell of a performance. Welker played it like a violin.

Definitely not the same guy that showed up here 4 years ago and couldn't do an interview without putting in a "ya know" before and after every sentence.

I'm surprised no one's said it, so I will. That was quite a feat.

thats why i think it wasnt intentional. iam sure he talks the same in all pressers.

thats why i think it wasnt intentional. iam sure he talks the same in all pressers.

Foot soldiers?

Really?

I mean.... really?

Last edited:
Excellent.

:rofl: Foot soldiers.

Last edited:
Saw it on ESPN too... what is amazing is that there wasn't even the shadow of recognition on Welker's face that he was doing it... and doing it... and doing it...

Heel-larious.

Glad ESPN played it, because otherwise it would have gone over the JESTs' heads. Now there's no denying it... your guy is a joke, even inside the NY sports media bubble.

Um we better win now...

It's true. On the Big Show they read a few other excerpts of interviews where Welker used the "put your best foot forward" meme going back as far as 2006.

In that case, it's likely some teammate DID encourage him to, as it were, be on his toes about opportunities to step up the frequency of such comments.

I say that because he likely wasn't aware of how often he did it until somebody pointed it out to him.

Last edited:
In addition to the cleverness and delivery, there are a couple of things I like about this. First is the deniability even though the intent is obvious. Second is that even if you believe in the concept or effectiveness of "bulletin board" material, what are the Jets going to do with this?

I can see some guys on the Patriots maybe getting fired up: "They called Tom an as8hole," or "said he doesn't prepare." We'll show them.

But what do you do with this? "They called our coach a pervert"? Kind of a tough one, and if anything it just reinforces the fact that some of the Jets players are probably already snickering about their coach's bedroom and youtube habits.

That was one hell of a performance. Welker played it like a violin.

Definitely not the same guy that showed up here 4 years ago and couldn't do an interview without putting in a "ya know" before and after every sentence.

This is what I was thinking as well- what a turnaround!

3417191559_d9e18453de.jpg

Wow that was awsome..Even Joe + Evan on WFAN this morning claimed Wes Welker the winner in the manner in which he delivered the foot video,it was genious..:D

With that many foot refences it had to be intentional 3 or 4 I would say no but 11 there is no way

But what do you do with this? "They called our coach a pervert"? Kind of a tough one, and if anything it just reinforces the fact that some of the Jets players are probably already snickering about their coach's bedroom and youtube habits.

Even more brilliant is he didn't call anyone anything. Unlike Cromartie literally calling Brady an AH.

I have to say, if you're going to do it, that's how you do it. Even Belichick has to appreciate that.

Major prop's to Wes Welker. Absolutely hilarious, clever, brilliantly executed, and demeaning. Most fans in the NFL are having a real good chuckle over his Interview.

I don't believe I have ever heard a better put down, from an NFL player, that was so easily deniable.

Well-done Wes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes