PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker can really think on his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha read gang green about this. most of them also think its funny and no big deal but theres two or three posters who think he crossed the line over a personal matter. LOL

It's just so beautifully done. Earnest and sincere with just an occasionally hint at a smile. Bravo Mr. Welker Bravo!

Adam Shefter tweeted

@AdamSchefter

Might be nothing, might be something. ButPats WR Wes Welker made 11 foot/toe/step up references in his press conference today. Eleven.

Re: LOL Welker: "We need to be good little foot soldiers"

I guarantee there was some kind of bet that he had to use "foot' or "feet" so many times in this press conference. I wonder how much he won. Most impressive though is that he was able to do it without cracking himself up.
My colleague who's a Jets fan said the same thing. Reminds me of the "meow" scene in Super Troopers.

Wes Welker is now my favorite Patriot.

Oh. My. God. Brilliant.

Ok, which of you foot jokers is really Wes? I know it is one of you....

very clever and funny. but part of me wishes they just leave the talking to the jets alone and concentrate on the game. lets win the game and then talk everything out there. iam not even sure if its totally intentional or welker was just repeating mundane answers as usual

They have to do a LITTLE bit of trash talking back, or the Jets will convince themselves they have the Pats psyched out or something. BB, Brady, and now Welker all being funny about it is a good way to meet the need.

They have to do a LITTLE bit of trash talking back, or the Jets will convince themselves they have the Pats psyched out or something. BB, Brady, and now Welker all being funny about it is a good way to meet the need.

I'd rather see our guys relaxed and having a good sense of humor. The words spoken by the Jets would provoke some people I know to violence. When you call someone an a....hole, sometimes a fist to the face is the next thing to follow. It's good that they can laugh about this. If they took this stuff to seriously, then they would be in trouble. If the Jets want to take it seriously, so be it. I wonder how much thought they put into the stuff that they said.

I get the feeling, that while we fans were up in arms over some of the trash talk from the Jets, the boys at Gillette were laughing their arses off. Just a thought. Even BB put a little funny out there in response to Rex's challenge. Just a thought. Good for them if that's true.

Last edited:
@Adam_Schefter RT @JWspeaks Wes Welker didn't tippy toe around, or put foot in mouth at presser. After all, it's not football without the word foot!

..Hahaha I love this stuff sometimes.

Guys, if you do a research of Wes past comments, all he uses are foot and feet comments. I don't think he was being smart here, but if people want to run with it, it is ok

Guys, if you do a research of Wes past comments, all he uses are foot and feet comments. I don't think he was being smart here, but if people want to run with it, it is ok

Yeah...riiiiight! :rolleyes:

Wes drops 11 "Foot" references in press conference

Just when you think the chatter between the Patriots and Jets couldn’t get any sillier, Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker stepped to the podium Thursday as if dared to see how many “foot” references he could cram in to a single media session. Behold:

1. On this week of preparation: “Everybody’s putting their best foot forward.”

Linkage :rocker:

Last edited:
Yeah...riiiiight! :rolleyes:

It's true. On the Big Show they read a few other excerpts of interviews where Welker used the "put your best foot forward" meme going back as far as 2006.

Last edited:

I agree, I found Wes's comments to be nothing more than blandly pedestrian.

I heard the same commentary on WEEI and I think both sides present very convincing cases. I honestly am not sure which to believe.

I heard the same commentary on WEEI and I think both sides present very convincing cases. I honestly am not sure which to believe.

Which is exactly why it's brilliant.

Footsoldiers??? Farking Footsoldiers???

You can tell, he's barely holding on to that inner :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back