PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welker can really think on his feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LOL Welker: "We need to be good little foot soldiers"

haha engine1,

you my friend are awesome. Obviously this is getting to you. Whne you have nothing to say complain about too and to.

"MMMMKay" Are you a midwestern housewife? In that case, get off the internet and clean the house b*tch.

I guarantee there was some kind of bet that he had to use "foot' or "feet" so many times in this press conference. I wonder how much he won. Most impressive though is that he was able to do it without cracking himself up.

I guarantee there was some kind of bet that he had to use "foot' or "feet" so many times in this press conference. I wonder how much he won. Most impressive though is that he was able to do it without cracking himself up.

Alright meow. I picture TB in the back of the room counting on his fingers laughing his ass off while all the reporters are oblivious.

Quite possible! :rocker: Although Welker is one of the team's top pranksters, so he might have done it on his own as well ...

He made it in a little over half his answers, I think. He kind of slumped in the middle, but started and finished strong.

9:05 minute interview, no fewer then 10 foot/toe references. Totally deliberate and subtle. Awesome...

One of the recent Welker articles said that he is the biggest practical joker on the team, so it was probably intentional (haven't actually listened to this yet.)

SSDD

I submitted this to Florio.

Because as we saw on Hard Knocks, the Jets read PFT just like everyone else, so I'm sure they'll enjoy this gem, if they decide to put up an article.

Considering the hits they've been getting from all the Jets smack talk, it's probably only a matter of time before he writes it up.

I submitted this to Florio.

Because as we saw on Hard Knocks, the Jets read PFT just like everyone else, so I'm sure they'll enjoy this gem, if they decide to put up an article.

Considering the hits they've been getting from all the Jets smack talk, it's probably only a matter of time before he writes it up.

I can already see the PFT headline: "Welker's comments prove Pats are scared of Jets"

Followed by a bunch of sanctimonious "We believe" or "In our view..." opinions disguised as facts from Florio or his incubus Rosenthal.

Last edited:

I dunno, if anyone should be able to respect some good-natured snarkiness, it's Mike Florio. :)

Now, will someone in the Boston/NY/National media ask the carnival barker about this?
"Rex, what do you think about Wes Welker making 10+ foot references in a recent interview? Do you think there's some tomfoolery afoot?" :D

Deadspin is now running with this story....

Welker's comments might actually silence Rex, he doesn't wan't to discuss this.

Wes is trying really hard to be my favorite patriot.

yep, this is starting to get national attention

The best thing about this is, if questioned, Welker has plausible deniability. :) If someone else points out the "foot" references as an inside joke, he can just say that's how he was talking and it's just a coincidence. He can play dumb (even though he's obviously very smart) and say something like "oh, really? Foot references? No, I didn't mean that as a jab at Rex, but now that you mention that, it's sort of funny, but I wasn't jabbing at Rex!! Really!!" :rofl:

Either way, it's freaking brilliant! :rocker:

very clever and funny. but part of me wishes they just leave the talking to the jets alone and concentrate on the game. lets win the game and then talk everything out there. iam not even sure if its totally intentional or welker was just repeating mundane answers as usual

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing