PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Mac Jones

I am elated with this pick. The guy is super accurate, smart, moves around in the pocket we'll and works as hard as anyone. Also they got him without trading draft capital.
First time in 20 years they actually picked the guy that made sense.

Wow.
Everyone wanted a QB and they took one.
Guy overwhelmingly mocked in the #3 to #7 range and Pats got him at #15.
No trade out of the first round. No unknown defensive back.
A few questions. But one thing that often translates well to the NFL is accuracy and completion rate.
Sort of a best case off-season.

One trait that is intangible is leadership and motivate teammates.

Brady is a General in this area. How he fires up the OL, WRs, and defense during the game.

I hope Jonesy has something in this area....

I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy on draft night in 9 or 10 years ! Maybe more. I LOVE Mac Jones, and thought we would have to trade up to get him. I am in shock. I really thought even with Jones there, they would do what Belichick always does, and do something weird. I can’t say how happy I am. I can’t sleep. I really feel all 5 QBs are gonna be good, just thrilled we got one of them. Jones was my 3rd favorite. Wasn’t a huge Fields fan, and was worried about Lance.

Even saying that, I think all 5 are better than the best QB from the 2022 draft. THIS was the year to get your franchise QB. While watching the college championship game, I was dreaming about the Pats drafting Jones. I’m beyond happy. Been a Pat’s fan since 1975, and I’m excited as I was in 1993 with Drew. Wow. Shocked.

I wonder if Kraft’s comments about bad drafts, and the need to get our QB of the future had anything to do with the pick.

Now whoever we get at 46 is icing on the cake.
I love the enthusiasm!

I tried to not get my hopes up, but when we had a shot at a quality QB after CAR picked, I was like, this might be on.

My hopes sagged when da Jete moved in front of us, were they going to spoil it all for us?

Very pleased to have Mac, also glad he doesn't have to be the Day 1 starter, but hey, Cam is quite cuttable if Mac beats him out...

People said the top 5 QBs could have been gone in the top 10 picks, still amazed we got one at 15!

One trait that is intangible is leadership and motivate teammates.

Brady is a General in this area. How he fires up the OL, WRs, and defense during the game.

I hope Jonesy has something in this area....
According to reports, he does.

I'd hate to see who BillB would have picked if Jonesy was not there @ 15. :rolleyes:

Thank God.. All this foolishness about spending a ton of draft capitol to move up. SF gave up three firsts and a third to pick Trey Lance over Mac Jones/Justin Fields !! What would it have cost us to move up, four firsts ? And the word is that their initial target was Mac Jones. Bill got him at 15.

Thank God.. All this foolishness about spending a ton of draft capitol to move up. SF gave up three firsts and a third to pick Trey Lance over Mac Jones/Justin Fields !! What would it have cost us to move up, four firsts ? And the word is that their initial target was Mac Jones. Bill got him at 15.
For nothing...

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back