PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome back, Tebucky......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feep_FLA

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I don't know if he'll make the team but I think bring Tebucky back is a pretty good idea. Secondary is being shored up pretty good so I'm thinking we are targeting WR in the draft which isn't supposed to be that deep for WR's..... Can Gramatica replace the superhero Adam in New Englanders hearts? I live near Tampa and he's been solid, if not spectacular for them for years...... Looks like a team taking shape quietly and under the radar. Caldwell, Gramatica, Mitchell, Warfield, bringing back Jones, resigning Neal and Troy. All we need is to lock up Big Sey and extend a few other contracts and its of to the draft with cash and 11 picks........ I like the way this is shaping up. Too many people wanted to throw BB and Scott under the bus. Let's hold off the lynching party for a bit...

Just my 2 cents.. :rocker:

Good post. I think this can be a fantastic draft, and I think there will be a few more solid FA additions before all is said and done.

Gramatica is a 1 year stop gap IMO and Jones is a nice role-player. We need a safety in this draft as well as a stud corner,LB,RB,WR...after that an Ol. If we get these addressed...I'm ecstatic about the future.

I LIKE IT!!! Stop gap?? If MG is in the form that he was before..maybe MORE than a stopgap...but, injuries...we shall see. If anything, he may be able to lead the competition in camp. I really like it...if he's not as strong..then..what was sacrificed??

He used to be called "Automatica Grammatica". I believe Tampa Bays loss will be our gain. Leastways I hope so...... and at a bargain price to boot.:rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
I don't know if he'll make the team but I think bring Tebucky back is a pretty good idea. Secondary is being shored up pretty good so I'm thinking we are targeting WR in the draft which isn't supposed to be that deep for WR's..... Can Gramatica replace the superhero Adam in New Englanders hearts? I live near Tampa and he's been solid, if not spectacular for them for years...... Looks like a team taking shape quietly and under the radar. Caldwell, Gramatica, Mitchell, Warfield, bringing back Jones, resigning Neal and Troy. All we need is to lock up Big Sey and extend a few other contracts and its of to the draft with cash and 11 picks........ I like the way this is shaping up. Too many people wanted to throw BB and Scott under the bus. Let's hold off the lynching party for a bit...

Just my 2 cents.. :rocker:

Give us a typical, "normal", excellent BB/Sp draft and just one free agent splash along with the re-signing on Branch, Seymour and the others like Koppen etc, and this team is locked and loaded. I like what I see......

Where is our doom and gloom media now???

I wonder if Tebuck's has learned to tackle people low yet. Or cover people. I can't help but think about what the Saints HC had to say about him though I can't recall the exact words. I also didn't like seeing that Automatica is just 43-for-71 on field-goal tries beyond 39 yards. And that was in sunny Tampa. The Pats DB's play will depend on the play of the front 7. If the front 7 is dominant it'll make the DB's look better.

Just dying to see Tebucky bltzing Peyton.:D

jczxohn1 said:
Just dying to see Tebucky bltzing Peyton.:D

I wouldn't plan on seeing that unless Manning starts returning kicks. Tebucky will be no more than a special teams ace.

Last edited:
Patriots | Contract update: T. Jones
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:40:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports New England Patriots S Tebucky Jones signed a two-year, $2 million contract to join the Patriots.

No mention of signing bonus or structure. There is probably enough to make camp worth his while since the JETS were sniffing but not so much it would preclude the axe. And if he coaches up a second year for BB's efforts. It's a tad high for just a ST gunner though. More than Captain Izzo makes. And actually more than our starting FS or backup SS's or any of the other jags we've been acquiring. Our most expensive FA signing of the off season. :D

re

Why are all of our FA signings this off-season for two years? What are the factors occuring in two years which will affect, benefit or impact the team? For example, are the contracts of many of our young players expiring in two years as well? There has to be something going on in 2008 to explain this (and I'm too tired to look it up right now).

Edit: I guess I wasn't too tired. I looked through Miguel's page, and here are key players who are free agents in two years:
Harrison, Warren, Miller, Bruschi, Wilson. There are also several players who are FA after this season who I didn't list.

The more I think about it, the more I want to say 'nevermind'. I think the reason is simply the Pats want to sign a bunch of low-money players to short contracts, irrespective of the long-term goals of the team.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
Why are all of our FA signings this off-season for two years? What are the factors occuring in two years which will affect, benefit or impact the team? For example, are the contracts of many of our young players expiring in two years as well? There has to be something going on in 2008 to explain this (and I'm too tired to look it up right now).

Edit: I guess I wasn't too tired. I looked through Miguel's page, and here are key players who are free agents in two years:
Harrison, Warren, Miller, Bruschi, Wilson. There are also several players who are FA after this season who I didn't list.

The more I think about it, the more I want to say 'nevermind'. I think the reason is simply the Pats want to sign a bunch of low-money players to short contracts, irrespective of the long-term goals of the team.

mav, i actually started a thread about this
(before the tebucky signing-kinda funny that he signed for two yrs too)
anyway check it out
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33769

MoLewisrocks said:
Patriots | Contract update: T. Jones
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 20:40:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports New England Patriots S Tebucky Jones signed a two-year, $2 million contract to join the Patriots.

No mention of signing bonus or structure. There is probably enough to make camp worth his while since the JETS were sniffing but not so much it would preclude the axe. And if he coaches up a second year for BB's efforts. It's a tad high for just a ST gunner though. More than Captain Izzo makes. And actually more than our starting FS or backup SS's or any of the other jags we've been acquiring. Our most expensive FA signing of the off season. :D

Clayton reports the bonus at $300K.

He makes it sound like the Pats really wanted him, so I doubt he is a cut:

"Pats beat Jets for Jones: The Jets seemed to waffle on safety Tebucky Jones. The Patriots were very decisive and ended up signing him to a two-year, $2 million deal. Jones had been talking about a longer-term deal with the Jets. When those talks broke down, Jones got in contract talks with the Patriots. They responded quickly and offered him a two-year deal with a $300,000 signing bonus. Jones, who was cut by the Dolphins, wanted to play in the Northeast. Getting the chance to play for the Patriots gives him only a one-hour commute from his home in Connecticut."

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes