PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly Marshall Faulk Bashing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eisen calls out Marshall Faulk regarding Belichick

In regards to the topic at hand, has Marshall Faulk gone through puberty yet? Or does he still sound like a 12 year-old who just sucked all of the helium out of a balloon?

What I don't get about Faulk (well, one of many things) is the shape of his head and face. Both are perfectly round. He doesn't look at all like a man, let alone a former professional athlete. He looks from the neck-up like a seven-year-old little kid. That head atop a suit and tie freaks me out every time. :eek:

Faulks butt is still sore from the beating he took in '01.. get over it and move on.

He shouldn't even be allowed to comment on the Patriot topics. Literally every single time you know which way he is going to swing. It's like hiring a Jets/Steelers fan to discuss the Pats, totally unprofessional. Yet NFLN is okay with it

Here's a question for you all....Of these 3 players...Faulk, Sanders, and Irvin...which player would BB most likely want on his team as a core player/leader?
I'm going with Faulk. Great player, multidimensional....and despite his Patriots hate, seemed like a good teammate. Sanders was all world cover guy but lacked desire to tackle....a "look at me" guy but not a leader. Irvin...awesome player and teammate, but too many off field issues to invest millions on.

If anyone thinks Primetime is anti Patriots you are way off base. He has Brady above Manning and defended BB for going on it for 4th and 2, saying he has that swagger, confidence in his team that he likes etc.

Now, that entire network is very pro Mike Vick, who can forget Jamie Dukes saying he would take Vick over any QB in the league, while Vick was in prison.

Deion: "I love me some Wes Welker"

I love Deion. I find him brilliant. Faulk is a moron and Irvin is a crack head.

I always liked Deion as well. Up until recently he was definitely NOT negative on the Pats.

I always liked Deion as well. Up until recently he was definitely NOT negative on the Pats.

I do think Deion was a huge Moss fan. Maybe Randys departure helped him change his tune.

I love Deion. I find him brilliant. Faulk is a moron and Irvin is a crack head.

Brilliant? He's a screaming clown. Among his recent "brilliant" analyses was his assertion that trading Moss indicated the Patriots were giving up on this season and building for next year. He was serious about that.

When I win the lottery I'm going to buy NFLN and fire all three of those dipwads.

Last edited:

Brilliant? He's a screaming clown. Among his recent "brilliant" analyses was his assertion that trading Moss indicated the Patriots were giving up on this season and building for next year. He was serious about that.

When I win the lottery I'm going to buy NFLN and fire all three of those dipwads.

I didn't say he's infallible or always right. But I do find the guy exceptionally bright in general and very funny. I bet his IQ equals Faulk's and Irvin's combined. I don't like loud mouths normally but there's something about Deion I really like.

Eisen did this in 2007 when Marshall picked Giants over Pats in the final week of the regular season. He said something to the effect of 'and Marshall Faulk's blatant hatred towards the Patriots continues' I was so proud of Rich.

Deion is a suprise with all his strange comments like the Reid one, he used to be pretty good towards the Pats and good as an analyst overall IMO. Not sure if I believe in the Moss theory stated earlier but something has turned him sour lately.

Deion is all about talent wins, but while he admires Moss' talent he has been tough on his handling of his business. What is clearly in his craw is what happened to his 2009 Prime U student Darius Butler this season...

I think lines get blurred when mediots have promotional or business relationships with athletes (like Jay Glazer and his MMA clients). Deion has a vested interest apart from NFLN in promoting his Prime Time branding and his reality show. I think the league was even concerned about his relationship with some of these draftees and whether or not he's positioning himself like an agent of sorts (or in line to benefit from steering them towards one).

Faulk is just a bitter pill when it comes to anything BB. Eisen is a bright guy but he's become the bartender that stirs the drink at NFLN which has become increasingly a personality driven/talent hyping vehicle for the league. Mooch is the ultimate tool... Woodson is the resident old school hardass. Dukes is the blowhard class clown.

I find I don't watch the channel itself enough any more to even justify the $20 a month it cost me. The only salvation is Red Zone. Which is too bad as I couldn't wait to get it when it first became available and used to watch it all the time. Now aside from the draft (where it Mayock still beats the hell out of watching ESPN) and some games and replays I hardly ever watch it. The post game shows are just hype driven self promoting yukfests.

Well, let's check the scoreboard:

Marshall Faulk - one Super Bowl ring

Kevin Faulk - THREE Super Bowl rings

'Nuff said. ;)

I dont understand hate and how people react to it sometimes...
so Faulk hates the Pats(and no one will argue about that), so what? do you guys expect anyone in the world to love the Pats?
Brady said he hates the Jets, good for him,why do i care?

Its just one more person opinion, thats it.

I dont understand hate and how people react to it sometimes...
so Faulk hates the Pats(and no one will argue about that), so what? do you guys expect anyone in the world to love the Pats?
Brady said he hates the Jets, good for him,why do i care?

Its just one more person opinion, thats it.
I'd expect a sports analysis channel, especially one owned by the league, to either not hire clearly biased former athletes as correspondents or do a better job of masking their bias.

"tonight a dynasty is born baby", fine you didn't say it but you thought it for sure

then you got hit by the team of the decade that sent you to the canvass, and you are still having a hard time getting back up, you have had wobbly legs for almost a decade...

yeah, 'tonight a dynasty was born baby, just not your dynasty 28

let it go marshall...

I'd expect a sports analysis channel, especially one owned by the league, to either not hire clearly biased former athletes as correspondents or do a better job of masking their bias.

When even network "journalists" can't do it, then what do we expect from nfl network or espn? The era of fact based journalism is over. It's now all emotionally driven sadly. There are still some good reporters but not many.

When even network "journalists" can't do it, then what do we expect from nfl network or espn? The era of fact based journalism is over. It's now all emotionally driven sadly. There are still some good reporters but not many.

I don't really have a problem with it for news pieces, or local sports analysis on television. But there really are two channels we can watch to get football analysis and highlights, ESPN and NFL Network. I think we can aspect them to at least give us some unbiased analysis without resorting to an ex-player who is clearly still holding a grudge.

We see analysts in news shows all the time,some of them are right wing,some of them are left wing,they give thier opinion and treated such, its an opinion, not hard news.

why should be a difference in sports?

most these analysts know what is better but still let their personal beliefs and juicy stories affect what they say. faulk when breaking down film or a play is exceptional but when he takes it personal he talks whatever he wants. i remember last yr's 2nd jet game when rex ryan complained that brady was throwing deep to moss on the final set of plays insuniating they were trying to run up the score -faulk actually called the jets out for running a zero blitz when the game was over and basically agreed with what brady tried to do.

I don't really have a problem with it for news pieces, or local sports analysis on television. But there really are two channels we can watch to get football analysis and highlights, ESPN and NFL Network. I think we can aspect them to at least give us some unbiased analysis without resorting to an ex-player who is clearly still holding a grudge.

I agree with you completely. But the reality is, these players probably do not have the analytical skills of the coaches so they have to rely on emotions and speculations.

When talking about the current QBs it's pretty blalantly obvious that they give favor to their "brothers". Also during last night's pregame we heard Joe Theisman argue that the MVP should be between Rivers and Brady. Of course Deion couldn't wait to chime in on Vick's behalf.

It's clear that Irvin favors his "brothers" in pretty much every single aspect possible. However, people should remember that Sanders has said, repeatedly, that he "loves him some Wes Welker" in the past and also that he has vehemently defended BB and the team before. As for Vick, it's also pretty clear that he's an MVP candidate right now. I hate the guy, but he's playing some pretty good football right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe