PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 3 Pats @ NYJ pregame thread

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What people don't seem to understand is we're not the only ones who think - "let's stop the run and make Wilson throw to win".
It's clear that's what the whole NFL thinks of Mac and the Pats offense too. And it's worked the first 2 games.
The Jets have the D Front to easily stop our run without stacking the box. So, it's going to have to be on Mac and the short pass game to move the ball. The question that hasn't been answered yet, is if our D Front can stop anyone's run game - when it matters.
Having Dugger up closer to the line would be so beneficial to handle the run.. Bentley at LB is thumper he is great playing the run.. we need to be all in on the stopping the run and allowing breech hall to get going. If we do.. it's 0-3

If Douglas is a healthy scratch, I am done with Belichick. He deserves to be fired. He does not have a good enough team to bench a productive player for nearly two games for a fumble in which he really didn't do anything wrong. Sure, he could have protected the ball a little better, but he wasn't playing really loose with the ball and it was just a great play by Bradley Chubb.

But the source is of this rumor is an assclown who has pushed a lot of fake rumors. So I don't believe it is true or going to happen. Look at his Twitter feed, he claims that the NFL were investigating Mahomes for PED use and would strip the Chiefs of their Super Bowl if found guilty. He also claimed the Patriots and Belichick agreed to part ways last December.

don't know if this source is credible...but if Bill sits Douglas it will be a travesty

It isn't credible, but I agree with the last part.

This seems like it must be more than the fumble. He might be our best YAC receiver. I think he is but, there isn't enough catches to prove it.
Benching him last game and leaving him off the roster this game seems extreme for what could arguably be considered more of a good defensive play than Pop's fault. Too extreme for me unless there is something else going on.

Bill may sit Douglas, who knows. But this is not a real report.

If this report is wrong, and I hope it is, I apologize for posting it.
If it were true I’d expect one of the writers who follow the team to report it. Why would a more distant source have unique access to this knowledge?

Looks like boutte and speed both active, too

A Roche clip

In other division games... It seems Fins will beat Broncos.
But, I think WAS has a good chance of beating the Bills. Imagine if the Bills go 1-2, and if we can win today, things don't look so bad (except for the AFCE - they will look bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3